New acquisitions for October 2007

Nice stuff, Jay. Looks like Colts are passed over from what I see. They don't command the prices of older S&Ws. This is only my first[smile]
I did find the link to the Colt research service. They want $75 to look up my OP.
Thanks for the info.

Don't know why but Colt wants $100 to 'paper' my 1905 New Police. It's not going to get done for a while.

coltnp8%20800x456.jpg

Say hello to my little friend:

damage-001-1.jpg

Hey jrbtzx12r, I think I was at FS when you bought your M1A from Carl. I was looking for A Beretta 21A but FS sold theirs. Picked this up at Law Enforcement Supply in Waltham. Gotta love buying .22 ammo--I asked for CCI stingers and they present me with three types so I buy them all because they're so cheap!

Say hello to my little friend:

Hey jrbtzx12r, I think I was at FS when you bought your M1A from Carl. I was looking for A Beretta 21A but FS sold theirs. Picked this up at Law Enforcement Supply in Waltham. Gotta love buying .22 ammo--I asked for CCI stingers and they present me with three types so I buy them all because they're so cheap!

Nice scoop! I remember hearing someone ask about a Beretta Tomcat, but I honestly was in a zone when he showed me the M1A (I'm sure they needed a mop to clean the counter from my drool). Nice to meet you, I guess [grin].

Jr

It was filthy when I got it, but a little cleaner and a few patches and you wouldn't even know it's been shot... It's immaculate

???
Patches, cleaner? It's a glock, I just throw mine in the dishwasher and it comes out sparkling! [wink]

Oh man Fred, now that is a rifle. Just gorgeous! You have to bring that to the pumpkin shoot and you have to let me shoot it. Please.

STEVE THAT THING WILL KNOCK YOU OFF YOUR FEET!!!!

THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM HAS TAKEN IT TO AFRICA AND I HAVE SEEN HIS TROPHY ROOM. I SHOOT 2 SHOOTS FROM BRENCH REST AND SAID TO MY SELF THIS IS NOT TO BAD.

I THEN WENT TO OFF HAND!!!!! WELL I WALKED AROUND IN A DAZE FOR ABOUT 5 MIN. AFTER SHOOT AT A STEEL TARGET. BEFORE I LOOKED DOWN RANGE AND THE 200 YARD GONG WAS STILL SWINGING.

FRED

Since the little lady has taken to 1911's I picked one up in 9mm that might a fun shooter for her and maybe a nice IDPA gun for me. From googling around, it appears that while it has a 80BSxxxxx serial number, the internals are Series 70. It's a Combat Commander, steel frame.

CommanderYA_right.jpg

CommanderYA_left.jpg

Anyone recommend a good 1911 beginners gunsmithing book? I have to install a beavertail and better sights on this thing. Polish up the trigger a little too. Just some things I can do myself before I feel the need to bring it to LaRocca or Derr. Want to keep it as stock as possible, these little critters are rare in these parts.

cheers,
Chuck

I stopped by Collector's Guns in Stoneham today. My blessing (or curse) is that it is on the same block as my office. I was not looking for a gun, cannot afford another gun, do not need another gun yadda, yadda! A fellow was looking at a beautiful S&W and as I eyed it I kept saying to myself, "please buy it, please buy it". He did not buy it. When he left I heroically paid for the brushes and cleaning solvent that I had planned on getting and prepared to leave. At the last second I finally asked to see it. It had literally been brought in for consignment within the hour. It was meant for me! So here it is,

S&W Model 24-3 Lew Horton special in .44 special. It has a 3" barrel and an extended cylinder release latch. Also has one sweet trigger. Made 1984 - 85. Original box and all papers.

Model24003.jpg

Model24002.jpg

Model24001.jpg

Sharp pickup! [grin]

I WAS GETTING BOARD WITH THE PLUNKERS I HAD AND FOUND THIS LITTLE PLUNKER!!!!!!

RUGER CUSOMT SHOP MODEL RSC AFRICAN!!!!

HEAVEY BARREL STEEL TRIGGER GUARD AND FLOORPLATE STOCK IS OF FINE CIRCASSIAN WALNUT.

CHAMBERED IN 458 WIN. MAGNUM.

THANKS FOR LOOKING

(what do you think that would do to a PUMPKIN?)

Great Googla-mooga ! [shocked]

My new "Dark Side" boom boom toy.

Damn this ammo is cheap! [smile]

p1000264ho7.jpg

Gotta love birthday presents!

Looks like you got one with nice wood. I had to refinish (strip/stain/poly) mine to make it look good.
Great rifles and lots of fun, just remember to stay away from heavy ball ammo. It beats up the receiver. Mine shoots best with 148 grain Wolf ammo. Its not cheap anymore but its non corrosive and very accurate in it.

Look what $20 can get you....(not much really)...and it's not even Saturday night. H&R Young America Double Action in 32 S&W (I'm still trying to decide if I payed to much). The good thing is that the action works. Isn't it mandatory for people to have 1 or 2 of these in there collection?

DSC02758.jpg

1911 book

Buy the Kuhnhausen? book. I've looked at many of them and find that to be the most accurate to use. Brownells sells a highride beaver safety that doesn't require cutting the frame to fit it! Just a couple dollars more than one that has to be fit. A friend got one and it dropped right in. Follow all changes with the saferty checks detailed in the Kuhnhausen book to be sure the gun functions safely!!!!!

Look what $20 can get you....(not much really)...and it's not even Saturday night. H&R Young America Double Action in 32 S&W (I'm still trying to decide if I payed to much). The good thing is that the action works. Isn't it mandatory for people to have 1 or 2 of these in there collection?

DSC02758.jpg

Nice paperweight!

"did I say that out loud?"

sorry 8~)

Speaking of paperweights...I picked up this project gun very cheap and as it is C&R a big brown truck dropped it off at my house yesterday. Now I have to de-bubbaize it. When I'm done refinishing and restoring it will probably look more like an Enfield than a MAS 36 because bubba cut off about 2 1/2 inches of the barrel!
DSCF0695.jpg

That big brown truck showed up and dropped off a new friend. Nothing mind boggling, but a nice Star-B to augment the C&R collection.

Star.jpg

I'll be hitting the range this weekend to see how it functions. Arrived in my favorite condition. Well sealed in a ton of Cosmo. Nothing like hanging out in the basement with your favorite cleaning solution making your new friend all spiffy while watching TV. [smile]

Took possession of a Smith and Wesson Model 36 and a Charter Arms Undercover that belonged to my late Father. My first handguns! The S & W is in beautiful shape but the Charter may need a bit of work:

Matt you are out of CONTROL!!!

Fred

nah nah...I'm good I'm good....it's my last gun purchase for a while (course...I said that 3 guns ago..but they)...my excuse this time is that I wanted to build my credit score. Not that it's bad, but that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it! When I'm puttin' away underwater in a tin can for 3 months at a time, I'll save money then!

edit..btw...what's FS?

Back
Top Bottom