New Acquisitions for October 2008!

I picked up this Maverick 88 Field Model for $110. It also can accept Mossberg 500 add ons so I might get a shorter barrel and a folding stock for it later on.
Its a 12ga with a 28 inch barrel. good for hunting this fall.
Maverick88.jpg

I didn't mean to buy a rifle...

...but this excellent bore, all matching except for the buttstock, 1950 No.4 Mk2 was priced like a typical sewer-pipe bore No.4 Mk1*.

4-2.jpg

And then I find out it shoots like this:

4-2target.jpg

.303 25 yd. sight-in target, S&B ball ammo.

Here are my two new acquisitions: NES 042: The answer to Life, The Universe, and Everything....coming to you soon in .223, and my new pencil gun in .32/.38.

link

Last edited:
I don't think I've been able to add to a "New Acquisitions" thread for over a year now...Well, now I can. For all the Non-Members, this is from our NES Member AR-15 Group Buy:

NES-007 - Side One

NES007.jpg

NES-007 - Side Two

NES007ShowingBoth.jpg

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!...Wait a minute! Is that what I think it is?!...YUP!!!

NES007Bond.jpg

doobie said:

It took me a moment to realize what the second one was. [grin]

Have you fired it yet? And is it a .25 or .22?

It's actually a gas gun. It can fire a .32 or .38. It'll 'shoot' 4-18 ft. I have not yet tested it as I only have two rounds. Until I determine how to make my own rounds it will probably stay unfired (by me). I do kind of wonder if I can legally bring this pencil into Mass.

My old sporter II lower and An upper I bought tonight from Abomb60:

PA010052.jpg

Last edited:
omg...we are get crazy..... the 007 and swirl does look cool!

Hells yeah it does!

And only 007 will know it's there! Secret stuff!

Yep...It'll be covered soon.

Does that mean the rest of us have to be "taken out" because we know his secret?[shocked][wink][smile]

No no no...I'd never do that. By the way though, what time do you typically leave for work in the morning? [devil2]

No, we'll only be taken out if we tell everyone that the changes Jon had been talking about all this time was C-pher personalizing guns to suck up to mods.

No need for C-pher to suck up...He's been family to me for quite some time now.

Well, at first my wife thought she would get me a gun after I mentioned I would like to do some black powder shooting:

ATT00002.jpg

But then I decided to get this too:

100_3417.jpg

100_3418.jpg

Also hoping that it'll become a collector's item in the future....Thanks to Stateline Gun shop in Mason, NH for another great shopping experience.

Edit to add: I also spoke to Paul, from Stateline, about DPMS AR15's. He said there is currently a 4 month backorder on them!!!

Last edited:
Jay G, I hate Glocks because I think they're ugly AND I can't shoot 'em well. Yet I find myself strangely attracted to the pistol. I feel dirty now. Unclean.[wink][smile]

Congrats on the new piece.

Just bought an M&P9 today. No pics. We all know what they look like.

Today was the last day of the $479 promo and I still get a $50 rebate from S&W. I've had the 9 compact for about six months and I knew that eventually I would own the service size.

I had to leave a cherry Model 10 heavy barrel for $270....Not enough cash on hand. I might put that one on layaway.

A buddy of mine was at the Shot Show and brought me some promo stuff about these revolvers. I swore that as soon as one became MA compliant that I was all over it. Well, here it is! S&W 396 Nightguard in .44 special. It is mine!

sig248.jpg

sig247.jpg

WHOA! WHOA! WHOA!...Wait a minute! Is that what I think it is?!...YUP!!!

NES007Bond.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That is sweet

Last edited:
A buddy of mine was at the Shot Show and brought me some promo stuff about these revolvers. I swore that as soon as one became MA compliant that I was all over it. Well, here it is! S&W 396 Nightguard in .44 special. It is mine!
Very nice. Put me first on the list if you decide to sell it someday.[rofl]

I had to stop by Zero Hour today to have some work done on two carbines.
Remember now, I was "DONE" buying guns this year, till I saw this being traded in by a gent at the store. Jim told me to make an offer and as you see he accepted my offer.[smile]

HPIM2793.jpg

HPIM2794.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom