New Acquisitions for October 2008!

100_3417.jpg

Nice gun Pip, I saw that one a couple of days ago in the cabinet, and thought it was great. Glad you picked it up!

I had to stop by Zero Hour today to have some work done on two carbines.
Remember now, I was "DONE" buying guns this year, till I saw this being traded in by a gent at the store. Jim told me to make an offer and as you see he accepted my offer.[smile]

HPIM2793.jpg

HPIM2794.jpg

somthing tells me you got a good deal

I got this at Riley's today a milled Arsenal Sa93. THe gun is in mint shape fired very little if at all. THe first thing thats going is the crappy black stock. I think I got a good deal It was under $500
PA050054.jpg

That's a beauty!!

What do you have for optics, looks like an ACOG, but what's on top??

It's a 4x Trijicon TA31MCO-M4CP w/ a Doctor 7 MOA Red Dot mounted on top. It's a new option that Trijicon is offering with their ACOGs. It's handy for the close quarters shots and for me it seems to augment the usefulness of the optic. I got lucky and found the Doctor optic and mount on Ebay from a guy who bought it and didn't like the setup. Saved some coin by buying it that way. I'd have to disagree this him as I think it's a great addition.

It's a 4x Trijicon TA31MCO-M4CP w/ a Doctor 7 MOA Red Dot mounted on top. It's a new option that Trijicon is offering with their ACOGs. It's handy for the close quarters shots and for me it seems to augment the usefulness of the optic. I got lucky and found the Doctor optic and mount on Ebay from a guy who bought it and didn't like the setup. Saved some coin by buying it that way. I'd have to disagree this him as I think it's a great addition.

Ahh, very nice!

I'm cheating...

...because these aren't really October acquisitions. [wink] I just replaced my stolen digital camera, so I thought I'd clutter up this thread with my last four new toys. My apologies for the crappy pictures. [laugh]

And now, on with the show!

The first four pictures are from March. The gun is a S&W 910S 9mm from a fellow NES member:

S&W%20910%2001.jpg

S&W%20910%2002.jpg

S&W%20910%2003.jpg

S&W%20910%2004.jpg

For the second act, another 9mm, a Beretta 92 from Four Seasons in April:

Beretta%2001.jpg

Beretta%2002.jpg

Beretta%2003.jpg

Beretta%2004.jpg

Part three is a Bushmaster Predator from June. Purchased to celebrate the Heller decision. [smile]

Predator%20Full%20Length.jpg

Predator%20Close%2001.jpg

Predator%20Close%2002.jpg

Predator%20Close%2003.jpg

Pictures of the last new toy are here in post #124.
Nothing fancy, but I like it! [smile]

Thanks for looking.

Mike

Finally!

Some of you may recall this thread I started a while back.

Well, I got to pick it up my new to me Savage Model 10 with Accu-Trigger. I got 120 rounds of misc. 223 Remington thrown in on top of the case and scope. I can't wait to shoot this.

388298832_6Howb-L.jpg

388298807_AFzzP-L.jpg

Check out the price on that ammo...
388298774_s2i8Q-L.jpg

Last edited:
My Economical (cheap!) Purchase . . .

DSCN2689-1.jpg

I always had a hankering for a lever action rifle through the early years, but it wasn’t until I was talked into going hunting with some friends, many moons ago, that I got familiar with one. My brother loaned me his Winchester lever action 32 special to use. I loved it although I was a tad nervous about using it because it was in such excellent condition and I knew I’d be tramping through the hills and dales of southern NH for many hours & days.

CopyofDSCN2692-1.jpg

Since then I have halfheartedly looked to buy one in excellent shape like my Brother’s. I wanted it in 30-30 cal. though because the 32 special ammo was getting harder to find on the gun shop’s shelves. Well to shorten this tale, I saw the Marlin 30-30, model 336 on sale at Dick’s Sporting, at the end of Sept., for $350 which also included an inexpensive 3x9x40 scope, mount and rings and so I cheerfully latched on to one.

CopyofDSCN2698-1.jpg

The reason I didn’t buy a used excellent condition Winchester was because I had the use of a friends daughter’s Marlin 30-30 and thought it was tighter and with better sights (for me) and better looking than the Winchester. I also didn’t like the top ejection of the Winchester because if you wanted to mount a scope on it you’d have to buy an offset mount, which isn’t what I would want.

DSCN2696-1.jpg
CopyofDSCN2704-1.jpg

Now all I have to do is remember to reload and use the round-nose, soft-point bullets when I reload for it. I have a Thomson Super 14 in 30-30 and have reloaded spire-point bullets for that but can’t use those in the Marlin because of the tubular magazine. I know they make the spire-point with the newer softer plastic points on them but I believe they’re a bit too costly for me at this time. So here’s my piddling ol’ Marlin for your scrutiny. I’m just wondering though, what percentages of gun owners out there have some type of lever action rifle in their possession, no matter what the caliber? I’m proud to say, this is my first. [grin] Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
nice rifle 6hold...i have the exact same gun i bought a few years ago...its sadly been sitting in my safe for quite awhile...thankfully ill be able to brush it off this december and get out into the field with it

Very nice, 6hold !
As to "I’m just wondering though, what percentages of gun owners out there have some type of lever action rifle in their possession, no matter what the caliber?"
I own 2 by now: A Marlin 1894 Cowboy Ltd 24" in .357 Mag and a
Winchester 94 in .30-30. Love 'em both although the Winny is trying
to play mule[smile]

traded my M&9c for an M&P 40. trigger is heavy! will look into a trigger job ASAP. my brother only put 150 down the pipe, it's gonna get broken in real soon!

DSCN0392.jpg

6hold, that is a sharp lever action.
Juergen, your 1903 looks very nice too!
In response to your question about lever action owners, I have one as well. A Uberti 1873 in .44-40. with a 24" octagonal barrel. Some of the nicest wood I've seen on a rifle.

Not a new gun, New magazine! and it is a little bit high capacity[smile]. Thirty round mags make me wish this thing was the select fire version.[mg]

30rounder.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom