New Acquisitions for October 2008!

Please give us an ammo count for the week - how much did you go through (if it's under 1k, I'll be VERY disappointed!).

I'll keep you posted on the round count and range report. [smile] We didn't get to play with the fun toys today.

Tom, It must be time to qualilfy? Good luck and burn the free ammo up.

Yep it is. Good times this week for sure. Going to be at the pumpkin shoot this year?

I traded in my Ruger SP-101 at M&M's today and came out with a brand new 10/22!! [smile]

Here's the picture from Ruger's site:

13L.jpg

All I've got is a crappy cell phone pic, but I'll try to get some good ones later.

Last edited:
This is what I have gotten so far this month to add to the pile

1) Russian M44 made 1948 all matching.

DSC06186.jpg

2) Romanian SKS made 1958, bolt and top cover don't match but everything else does. It has a cool 2 digit serial#. I think I have all the country now exept the had to find ones like North Korea, East Germany and Vietnam

DSC06187.jpg

3) Chinese Type 53 made in 1954, not all matching

DSC06188.jpg

2) Romanian SKS made 1958, bolt and top cover don't match but everything else does. It has a cool 2 digit serial#. I think I have all the country now exept the had to find ones like North Korea, East Germany and Vietnam

DSC06187.jpg

PM me if you're interested in a link to a seller who has the hard to find 2 piece Romanian slings.

This is what I have gotten so far this month to add to the pile

1) Russian M44 made 1948 all matching.

DSC06186.jpg

DSC06187.jpg

3) Chinese Type 53 made in 1954, not all matching

DSC06188.jpg

Nice pick ups! Although I have to say I'm almost as interested in knowing the story behind those fascinating floor boards as I am the rifles. Care to share?
Chris

Nice pick ups! Although I have to say I'm almost as interested in knowing the story behind those fascinating floor boards as I am the rifles. Care to share?
Chris

The floors came with my house. My house was built in the 1870. 6 out of the 8 rooms in my house have this flooring in it, the other 2 have the wide pine boards.

You have thing fro slings don't you? What are the selling for?

It bugs me that a few of my rifles don't have slings and thats just because I haven't found the correct ones yet.[smile]

The 2 piece slings are being offered for $10 from a GB seller because he only has a few left and they have some loose stitching and a few nicks on them.

On its way, a C&R CZ-50 in 7.65, a plinker that I've wanted for a very long time. The price was very right so I couldn't pass on it. Better pics to follow when I get it and possibly a do it yourself re-blue might be in the works if the holster wear is heavy.
2933189568_8c6011fc4e.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pickup. You going to mod it or leave it stock?

I'm planning on modding it, eventually. Tight on cash for the time being, but I'm looking to get a stock, trigger work, barrel, and a decent scope. Mostly a plinker, some light hunting, and maybe get into some competitions too.

I can't wait to get it to the range.[party]

On its way, a C&R CZ-50 in 7.65, a plinker that I've wanted for a very long time. The price was very right so I couldn't pass on it. Better pics to follow when I get it and possibly a do it yourself re-blue might be in the works if the holster wear is heavy.

I've thought about getting one of those for a while. I hear they're great shooters.
I'm just afraid if I get one then I'll continue on a trend of Czech handguns and get a 27 to round out my C&R CZ collection.[thinking]

I love the 27, never cared for the 52, enjoyed my 82 but the 50 just says something to me.

I heard Century Arms was getting some in. In case you're interested. This one was a private sale, thus the "very good price".

I just could not pass this one up. Made in the 1940s, a Star model B 9mm, P stamped.

Attachments

• 100_0747.jpg
    100_0747.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 71

Nice little gun. I've had mine for a few years. One thing I noticed is that ball ammo is the only type that will feed reliably. But hey, you're not carrying it for self-defense right? It's just a fun range plinker. The DA trigger pull is horrible, but not too bad in SA. Have fun with it!

just got myself another 7mm. i'm fallen in love. Shots right on and it has lots of power. Not to mention it's VERY i mean VERY light. I think imma use it for deer hunt this season.

l_9cdf0f5622ee4f6e815d2b9a09162dbb.jpg

l_60ad651cb6ac4815b6ca77dc5ab7e878.jpg

I just put an new plastic stock on my sks for now. Looks better than my beat up wooden stock. Will have more photos (soon) of my new shotgun i got few weeks ago (stoeger).

Patron: That Star B is "gorgeous", I've been looking for a while but never found one in the condition the price justified! I'm jealous!!

45 Collector: I've heard about the trigger on the CZ50 but I have a Radom P-64 and that had about a 25lb DA trigger pull to start off with so I can't imagine the CZ will be any worse...I hope [wink]. More to come when it does.

just got myself another 7mm. i'm fallen in love. Shots right on and it has lots of power. Not to mention it's VERY i mean VERY light. I think imma use it for deer hunt this season.

*IMG*
*IMG*

I just put an new plastic stock on my sks for now. Looks better than my beat up wooden stock. Will have more photos (soon) of my new shotgun i got few weeks ago (stoeger).

What kind of 7mm?

Here's my first AR build

Bushmaster 24" Varminter Upper, EOTech 557.AR223 and 3X Magnifier, Sully stock and trigger guard on NES lower, and a couple scratches from inexperience.
Still need a bipod and possibly a match trigger in the future.
nes varminter #2.jpg
nesvarminter2.jpg

Last edited:
As mentioned in another thread I'm a newbie. Waiting for my license, and looking forward to a wonderful new hobby to share with my son.

So I'm looking through these pictures and realizing how addictive this can be. Each picture of the everyone's new toys looking so inviting. The messages saying things like "I could not leave the shop without it" or "It was calling my name".

I can see this hobby costing me a lot of $$$! But as my father used to say, a man has to have the right equipment in life.

FYI my wife has been very cool about it all. That is until I told her about needing to buy a safe. Where the hell are we going to put that? How big is it? Why do you need it in the first place?

So the guns and ammo are OK, but that big safe is just going to clutter up the house more. Go figure!

I'm checking out Westwood gun club tomorrow. Due to this forum the club president was kind enough to extend an invitation to visit. This is really an amazing and supportive group.

Cheers,

Rich

The gun safe was the hardest part to get by my wife as well.

It's a woman thing. The safe is big, ugly, gray and doesn't match the rest of the stuff in the house. We compromised. I rearranged that one side of the double parlor so that the safe is only visible when she actually walks into the room. I also bought one piece of furniture to consolidate out DVD/CD collection. Previously we had 3 pieces. I also had to move the 39 gallon fish tank.

Finally, the pièce de résistance, a brand new Coach handbag. [wink]

Bushmaster 24" Varminter Upper, EOTech 557.AR223 and 3X Magnifier, Sully stock and trigger guard on NES lower, and a couple scratches from inexperience.
Still need a bipod and possibly a match trigger in the future.
attachment.php

It doesn't exist if I can't see the picture...

Back
Top Bottom