New Acquisitions for October

Status
Not open for further replies.

3523085437_4bbe1ed112.jpg
f

Enough of all this jibba jabba, someone start another NES car-shoot thread.

It will be the shortest car shoot ever. Only take 1 round to melt the car. Will need to line up a pile of junk car just for that cannon.

Sent it from iPhone 5 LTE

Do you remember two years ago when some one said, "I'll never post something in the New Aquisitions thread again. Adam has ruined it for all of us."

Move back to prior in that year when talking with Nicole, she mentions this book she had read and got excited and asked if I had read it.
I say "No.", she continues to be excited and obviously likes this book a lot and the main character is REALLY a good shot. He is especially VERY GOOD with this one particular firearm. [hmmm] I think, never heard of it I think. OK, file it and save it for later JIC we come across one. I would like to see it.

Move forward to March of this year. I've finished jobs and gunsmithing in the shop and have an hour before closing. So I start to look through the NFA sites I like and get to the last one. I'm scrolling through and think, "Let's look at Destructive Devices for S&G's.

There I am and almost at the end, when up comes THE firearm that Nicole was talking about two years ago. Copy & paste to email it to her and ask, "Is this what your book had in it?"

"YES!" is the answer.

"Would you like to buy it?" asks myself.

Long, long pause and she says, "Can we talk about this tonight?"

"Sure." I say.

That night and for the next three nights we talk about it. On the 4th night she pauses and says, "We're getting a Xxxxxxxxx, aren't we?"

"Yes." I say.

I love my wife, she is smart, reads many books, has tons of knowledge I will never have. She get's excited about seeing many lowers go out to become rifles. She get's excited about firearms, especially ones she has read about in books.

Thank you Skyhawk for picking this up and delivering it to us. [thumbsup]
Thank you Jarhead66 and Deadhead133 for helping put it togeether. [thumbsup]

Here is a Solothurn S18 - 1000. [smile][smile][smile]

PA060145.jpg

PA060150.jpg

PA060158.jpg

Nicole with her spotter
PA060160.jpg

PA060165.jpg

PA060169.jpg

There are no words.

Just end this thread. Shut it the f*** down it's over. Whatever else we've bought can wait to be posted in November. You have won the internet, all the unicorns, and a one way ticket to the firearm owner hall of fame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet Jesus. You stole the new Iranian super weapon? :D

That thing is awesome

Nah, it's Swiss... It's a cheese launching peace machine..... It's only 20mm, that's why the holes in swiss cheese are so small.....
And of course.... It had to be put together..... Damned Swiss watches......

ETA:

I just wanna be there the day that thing gets fired. :D

I wanna see EddieCoyle try and shoulder it.... You know he wants to.....

.....or chinalfr.....

ETA2:
Thought it was Swedish for some reason.... It's swiss/german

from my EVO 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Last edited:
It looks like it's in perfect shape. Since it was made in 1940, it qualifies as a C&R. [smile] My understanding is that those guns had different muzzle brakes that could be changed depending on the ammo being used. I've never seen a picture of one with the "duck's bill" brake like that one has. Very nice!

Is that one of the original optical sights mounted on the left of the receiver? A great find. That looks like it is museum quality.

"Solothurn....when you care enough to send the very best." That could take "send it" to whole new level! [smile]

OH MY GOD. That must be the nicest thing I have ever seen. I have a feeling the next few pages of this thread will be us gawking all over it. WOW. Just wow.

Do I get to see this thing when I drop off the uppers to you guys in a couple weeks? [laugh]

When you shoot it, video it, so we can all experience it please.

Yesterday I met a guy down at Zero Hour to do a transfer. As usual I could not get out the door with money in hand. They had a Enfield Snider in .577 at a good price so I grabbed it. The Enfield was originally made in 1863 and then converted in 1867. The bore is very good and the action is tight and crisp. Unfortunately some fool "bubba'd" it a long time ago. The barrel has been cut to 26", the stock was cut down and the cleaning rod channel filled in with wood. Also the artiste carved a lovely design in the forend. Still I like it and may be blowing up some pumpkins with it at the Pumpkin Shoot, if I can get a few rounds loaded up.

snider008.jpg

snider002.jpg

snider016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom