New Acquisitions for October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have an idea how fast and how heavy a bullet that moster launches?

Cartridge is called the 20 x 138mm B. Bullet weight is not known by me right now. Bullet velocity is reported as being 850 m/s, which converts to 2788.7139107611547 ft/s.

It looks like it's in perfect shape. Since it was made in 1940, it qualifies as a C&R. [smile] My understanding is that those guns had different muzzle brakes that could be changed depending on the ammo being used. I've never seen a picture of one with the "duck's bill" brake like that one has. Very nice!

Is that one of the original optical sights mounted on the left of the receiver? A great find. That looks like it is museum quality.

"Solothurn....when you care enough to send the very best." That could take "send it" to whole new level! [smile]

It is in Very Good shape. Barrel doesn't look like it has had to many rounds down it. The shooter was supposed to change muzzle brakes depending on what round they were shooting.

Yes, that is and original optic w/matching number. [wink]

When you shoot it, video it, so we can all experience it please.

Will definatly video the firing. [smile]

Right now I feel like George when his date saw him right after he got out of the cold ocean.

What do you plan on using, iwb or owb?

That Solothurn begs the question: When does a single shot rifle go from being FID compliant to being a "destructive device"?

it's not a single shot BTW.... came with an 8 round magazine :)

mass legal!!

26 U.S.C. 5845(F)

For the purposes of the N.F.A., the term "Destructive Device" means:

- A missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than 1/4 oz
- Any type of weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may readily be converted to expel a projectile, by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore greater than one-half inch in diameter
- A combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a device into a destructive device and from which a destructive device can be readily assembled

Exemptions:

- A shotgun or shotgun shell which is determined by the A.G. to be generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes
- a device which is neither designed nor redesigned for use as a weapon
- a device which is designed or redesigned for use as a signaling, pyrotechnic, line-throwing, safety or similar device
- surplus ordnance sold, labeled, or given by the Secretary of the Army pursuant to law such as antique, obsolete bronze or iron cannon
- a device which the A.G. determines is not likely to be used as a weapon
- an antique firearm
- a rifle which the owner intended to use solely for sporting purposes

so..... is 20mm legal for hunting deer in any state? ;)

ETA:

the ATF doesn't consider potato cannons DDs:

We have determined that these devices, as described, are not firearms provided that they are used solely for launching potatoes for recreational purposes. However, any such devices which are used as weapons or used to launch other forms of projectiles may be firearms and destructive devices as defined.

Last edited:
Right now I feel like George when his date saw him right after he got out of the cold ocean.

What do you plan on using, iwb or owb?

I figured that Tiny would be just the man to build one. OWB would be better.

That Solothurn begs the question: When does a single shot rifle go from being FID compliant to being a "destructive device"?

It is a semi-auto rifle. But the BATF&E say it is a DD so they will require you to have a MA Machine Gun license.

Time for a new signature line, I imagine. "Don't buy a Solothurn if you don't like recoil"

"Buy a Solothurn if you DO like recoil. [smile]"

Ok now we know who can piss the furthest, I mean shoot the furthest.

I was going to post picks of my completed AR build but now it just seems inadequate.[grin]

Seriously though congratulations, you don't make a purchase like that everyday.

Last edited:
I want to see the tooling and proof marks on that jewel. History captured and preserved.

And you and me can witness it. Thanks to Adam and his lovely wife Nicole.

(And his capacity to listen to her)

I still owe my wife a pink AR thanks to her. These two are amazing people on NES.

...so..... is 20mm legal for hunting deer in any state? ;)

Deer?!

Maybe this:

t-rex-predator-or-scavenger-1.jpg

I have a question it might be a stupid one but i just don't know is each 20mm round classified as a DD like a 40mm and require a $200.00 tax stamp ?

I want to see the tooling and proof marks on that jewel. History captured and preserved.

yeh i tried to get some nice textural close ups..... i was photographing the rivets when i felt a single rain drop on my arm.....
BACK INSIDE!!!!!!

and then it poured for a bit......

but yeh..... it's just beautiful to look at, the machining, the colors.....

i was processing the images one handed ;)

Picked up a SR22. Read good things about it. Just can't beat the price of 22lr ammo. [smile] Man and almost walked out with a a Super Nova but had to leave it. Gotta save up for my first AR build. Also picked up my LRB lower from the group buy and the upper's coming soon.

i have the sr22ct but the trigger is a little cruchy, anyone have a trigger done on one of these? Looking for someone on the southshore or new framingham to do it. suggestions? Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom