• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for September

Status
Not open for further replies.
That thing is clean! Nice grab.

- - - Updated - - -

Might still try and save up some more dough and eventually pick up an XDm for winter and bulkier clothes or something like that. Not sure yet, need to find some excuse to buy one! Still want a G30 also, and a G19 while I'm at it [rofl]

Buy both if you can afford to! Glock will kick the shit out of any other gun manufacturer you put it next to. [pot]

Seriously though, G19 is the best 9mm out there. And the G30 can't be beat IMHO.

I'll definitely consider this! I'm not opposed to 18", I just figured with such long RIS that 20 would look a bit less cluttered

I like a shorter barrel/longer rail from an aesthetic standpoint. I had a 13" Troy rail on my 16" WOA barrel, but I recently changed to a 10" Centurion C4. WOA makes great barrels and Rainier is a great place to buy from too.

Pics were taken in a free state.

It's kind of sad you have to put up a disclaimer to stop the obligatory "BUT THAT'S NOT ALLOWED!" crying. How long is that barrel? It might just be my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks damn long on a carbine. Maybe it's just that it doesn't have the gov profile.

It's kind of sad you have to put up a disclaimer to stop the obligatory "BUT THAT'S NOT ALLOWED!" crying. How long is that barrel? It might just be my eyes playing tricks on me but it looks damn long on a carbine. Maybe it's just that it doesn't have the gov profile.

That can't be a carbine, that looks like a rifle length to me. And he is probably worried about the gov. to come on here and see killy AR's with banned features. I post pictures as they are and if you don't like the way my gun looks, that's on you. [wink]

Couple of M1 Carbines

Picked up this Universal M1 Carbine at Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack. To Join the Rockola M1 Carbine with a aftermarket Paratrooper Stock that I bought a week earlier.

universal.jpg rockola.jpg

It is true. You can't just have one.

Mark

What good does it do to post the pics on a public forum in the first place?

It's like this but it is a pre-ban rifle. OK now???

Colt AR-15A2 Gov't AR6520 Carbine
.223 Remington/5.56x45mm NATO
16.1" chrome-lined lightweight barrel
1:7" RH twist, 6 lands and grooves
Gas operated, multi lug rotary locking bolt
20 round magazine
Forged A2 upper receiver with fixed carry handle and rear sight
Anodized aluminum upper/lower receivers
Standard A2 front sight base
Two-piece, black plastic handguards with heat shield
Black M4 buttstock
35" overall length
5.8 lbs unloaded

noveske sbr 1.jpg
noveske sbr 2.jpg

specs:

Noveske upper
S&W M&P lower (with newly aquired stamp)
Noveske 8.2" 300 blackout barrel 1x7"
Magpul afg, ctr, enhanced trigger guard and moe grip
Seekins precision 9" BAR rail (to fit supressor when i get into a free state)
Troy 7.62 Claymore
Noveske marked troy BUIS

Shot her yesterday and she works great! surprised of how light the recoil was as well as how quiet she ran.

View attachment 39320
View attachment 39321

specs:

Noveske upper
Troy 7.62 Claymore
Noveske marked troy BUIS

Shot her yesterday and she works great! surprised of how light the recoil was as well as how quiet she ran.

That thing is sweet! I would love me a nice SBR like that. How do you like the Claymore brake?

it does everything i need it to do by directing all the muzzle blast foreward. Makes perceived recoil extremely light, probably feeling close to a 5.56 AR with a battlecomp. I chose it instead of the other linear comps because it was easier to get in 7.62

This was the big one for the month.. Actually the summer... Hyosung GT250. The pic was before they cleaned it up for delivery. Low miles, and might need a paint job if I decide to keep it for a while. It's my first bike, and 300 miles in, it's been treating me pretty well.

452b6212f927a901f8b9cee7b2c22c8a.jpg

Last edited:
View attachment 39320
View attachment 39321

specs:

Noveske upper
Troy 7.62 Claymore
Noveske marked troy BUIS

Glad to see another SBR .300 blackout here!!! Looks really good! Have a 9" AAC myself.

I'm thrilled to FINALLY post the acquisition of a S&W 3913, courtesy of AlohaDoug. I've wanted one of these since I got my LTC, and Doug's classified ad hit just I freed up some funds. Beautiful condition, and I'm pretty sure that 2 of the 3 mags it came with had never even been used. Little bit of muzzle wear & light scratches, looks like it was carried a lot and shot just a little. Thinking of having some trigger work done and maybe throwing some wood grips on there, but overall, I LOVE this gun.

2012-09-09_16-23-25_464 (1).jpg

Wife bought it for my Birthday.

Enjoy.

DSC05906.jpg

DSC05907.jpg

DSC05908.jpg

DSC05909.jpg

I do carry the gun and I do shoot it!!

Thanks for looking

Fred

Fred:

Thanks for the favor today, and for showing me your WC Supergrade. The color case hardening by Turnbull is awesome, and the provenance on the grips just adds to this truly unique gun. Happiness is a $ 10,000.00 1911, a Viper and a good cigar! I just added a page to my bucket list.

Rob McD.

PS: The following story about Fred's grips is from the WC blog.

The American Horse Chestnut grips on this first Presidential Classic are from the Mount Vernon estate of George Washington and are documented to have been planted by the first president of our country. These stunning grips come with a certificate of authenticity guaranteeing their provenance through Historical Woods of America, the steward of this exclusive wood. Wilson Combat is the exclusive user of Historical Wood for firearms.

Last edited:
Minor acquisition this month (so far)... Pearce +0 grip extensions for the Glock 36 mags. (Thanks for the tip, ColdDayInHell!)

Ya those lock the gun in your grip real good. Some 36's are picky with those though and if you have issues, it will be from the extensions. The spring sometimes is too weak to properly feed the rounds into the chamber. But your 36 has acted way better than mine did, so you should be fine! Have fun!

It's been slow for awhile but this month seems like the deals all came at once:

Colt 1911 Series 80 in .38 Super:

DSC_2596.jpg

S&W Model 17 made in 1962:

DSC_2601.jpg

Randall 1911 Service Model in .45 ACP. Don't see too many of these around:

DSC_2600.jpg

This should be here tomorrow!Wilson Combat CQB in 9mm. Naked slide, night sights [smile]

Attachments

• WP_000004.jpg
    WP_000004.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 153
This should be here tomorrow!Wilson Combat CQB in 9mm. Naked slide, night sights [smile]

Thats nice, I really would like to try that gun of course after you break it in on your own lol. IF we can ever meet up at a NES shoot or otherwise I would like to ask to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom