New Acquisitions for September

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet Jesus Dom. That's the car Quentin and George Clooney had in From Dusk Till Dawn! You never see these cars. They look so badass and futuristic. Good luck with it, and that's a sweet 686!

the car is done minus paint, and it needs a new steering box as you can see by the leak under the ole girl! it needs zero body work. all the panels are pristine and the interior is flawless minus one small tear in the shoulder of the drivers seat.

Im entertaining offers on it as well! You never see a big block cougar, you could see a hundred or so mustangs and not see a single cougar. Car is Black on Black.

Dom

Finally got myself a 1911 this afternoon - SW1911 Pro Series in 9mm. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, probably making an evening trip to the indoor range to break it in.

0y467.jpg

Very Nice... And it is in 9MM no less. I will have to look into getting me one of those. I would love to hear how it shoots. I'm off to a great start. I already have that exact PEN. [laugh2]

Very Nice... And it is in 9MM no less. I will have to look into getting me one of those. I would love to hear how it shoots. I'm off to a great start. I already have that exact PEN. [laugh2]

In my initial run last night it shot great - fed everything, trigger was nice, little recoil, and very accurate. I'm planning on bringing it out again soon to give it a more thorough evaluation.

here is the car, sorry it took so long for the pics!

1967 mercury cougar, 390, auto, 9" rear, etc etc etc
View attachment 39609View attachment 39610View attachment 39611View attachment 39612View attachment 39613

And the delicious 686+ wearing the 4" tube
View attachment 39614View attachment 39615View attachment 39616

Dom

Dom, Very Cool, Looks to be in great shape for it's age. Interior looks clean, engine also look pretty good too. How extensive a restoration are you planning on doing? You looking to go for factory original or something Hot Rod like?

Great gun. Shoot it a while before you decide to have any trigger work done. The 3rd generation semis have very good triggers out of the box. Put a few hundred rounds through it before you decide what you want to do with the trigger.

Be careful though, they are addictive. It starts with a 5906, then you have to have a 6906, followed by a 3914NL, a CS9, and for variety, a 457. Then you find a pristine 3913.

You just started at the other end of the spectrum with a very clean looking 3913.

My biggest issue with the trigger is that in SA, the trigger is *loose* ... as in you can flick it forward and back about 1/2". The SA trigger pull itself is fine, though a little long (in my opinion) given that the reset is SO short. Also, the DA pull is a bit too long for my taste, as well. To be honest, I don't think there's more than 500 rounds through this thing (100 were courtesy of me). Will any of my complaints be alleviated once it's actually broken in?

As for others, I always knew I'd start with a 3913, have always loved the look. I think a 5906 or 6906 is probably next, with a CS9 or CS45 to follow ... unless someone is looking to unload a CS9 or CS45 on the cheap. :-D

Dom, Very Cool, Looks to be in great shape for it's age. Interior looks clean, engine also look pretty good too. How extensive a restoration are you planning on doing? You looking to go for factory original or something Hot Rod like?

Well, its super clean straight out the barn. I did a full mechanical restoration, engine has been rebuilt, trans rebuilt, rear end done, all new brakes and brake components, and the interior is like brand new. Im leaving it as original as possible, minus the little lumpier cam and a larger carb with an electric choke.

Dom

I'm thrilled to FINALLY post the acquisition of a S&W 3913, courtesy of AlohaDoug. I've wanted one of these since I got my LTC, and Doug's classified ad hit just I freed up some funds. Beautiful condition, and I'm pretty sure that 2 of the 3 mags it came with had never even been used. Little bit of muzzle wear & light scratches, looks like it was carried a lot and shot just a little. Thinking of having some trigger work done and maybe throwing some wood grips on there, but overall, I LOVE this gun.

View attachment 39352

I'm very interested in what you think of the 3913. I have read some posts that seem very positive.

I purchased one many years ago, then got seriously tied up in some personal issues. Needless to say it has never once been out of the original box.

Only, recently found it when I was digging for some paperwork out of the safe. Tough to get old. You tend to forget things after a while.

DPMS 18" HBAR upper with polymer lower from joeboboutfitters.com (New Frontier Armory LW-15 GENII Complete AR15 Polymer Lower Receiver with A2 Stock, just $129)
ar15.jpg

Attachments

• photo (15).jpg
    photo (15).jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 77
  • photo (14).jpg
    photo (14).jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Like I promised, I picked up my truck a half hour ago from the dealership!!! It was a tough choice between the 2012 Frontier 4x4 Crew Cab V6, the F150, and the Chevy Silverado. My parents have a 2004 Yukon which can tow 12,000 lbs so I can use that if I needed to tow that much. The F-150 has a slightly bigger engine option but I didn't need the towing capacity or big engine. The Frontier just had a better test drive IMHO and I ended up with a great truck. I think it's the best midsize truck on today's market and the ride is not too smooth and not too tough. Now I have more room for my rifles and shotguns! [smile]

img0888nf.jpg

img0892rw.jpg

img0890b.jpg

ColdDayInHell, Very Nice.... Good luck with your new purchase.

Now, go get your gun vault bolted into the frame somewhere in the inside back area. Actually you should get two. One for the ammo & one for your CCW when required. [smile]

DJ

Great pick-up (pun intended [laugh]) CDIH!!

Thanks, I love it. I have been getting stares already, it's just begging to get keyed. The cargo light is very bright, when I hit unlock it lights up the whole perimeter of the truck. I tried to find one of many NRA stickers I have laying around but I can't find one! I need an NES sticker, NRA, and GOAL. Thanks for the comments and rep's everybody. [smile]

Could you tell if the stares are for the new truck or the driver behind the wheel...

The truck is blinding shiny and I've been driving for 7 years, this being my 2nd black vehicle. I doubt it's just my paranoia, but I could be wrong. I need to throw a hitch ball on it so I impale drivers who rearend me.

Thanks, I love it. I have been getting stares already, it's just begging to get keyed. The cargo light is very bright, when I hit unlock it lights up the whole perimeter of the truck. I tried to find one of many NRA stickers I have laying around but I can't find one! I need an NES sticker, NRA, and GOAL. Thanks for the comments and rep's everybody. [smile]

No NES sticker, but I have GOAL and NRA one. You can have it if interested.

"Send it" via iPhone V

I can't say, since I've never noticed bad trigger feel in any of my 3rd generation guns. The trigger is one of the things that most people rave about.

My biggest issue with the trigger is that in SA, the trigger is *loose* ... as in you can flick it forward and back about 1/2". The SA trigger pull itself is fine, though a little long (in my opinion) given that the reset is SO short. Also, the DA pull is a bit too long for my taste, as well. To be honest, I don't think there's more than 500 rounds through this thing (100 were courtesy of me). Will any of my complaints be alleviated once it's actually broken in?

As for others, I always knew I'd start with a 3913, have always loved the look. I think a 5906 or 6906 is probably next, with a CS9 or CS45 to follow ... unless someone is looking to unload a CS9 or CS45 on the cheap. :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom