New Acquisitions for September

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOUGHT THIS FROM A FRIEND AND COULDN'T PASS UP THE GREAT DEAL. IMG_0012.jpgIMG_0014.jpgIMG_0017.jpg Winchester model 70 super shadow in 7mm wsm with nikon monarch scope.

Last edited:
Seems like a nice gun, hoping to get it to the range tomorrow. I would have liked to have gotten one of the S&W E Series 1911's, but just don't have the budget for it right now. The SR22 was only $339.99 out the door.

Took the SR-22 out to the Barnstable range this morning, and ran about 400 +/- rounds from a Winchester 555 pack down the pipe. Had a couple rounds that didn't get picked up off the magazine, but other than that no problems to speak of. Fun little gun and pretty accurate too. Definitely recommend one for cheap, fun plinking and fundamental practice! [mg]

I was asked for a range report so here is my mini range report on the Sig 2022

I took out the Sig today and put it through its paces with a few different loads. The plastic Sig handled great I would have to say it shot just about on par with my P226. It has the famous stiff Sig double action pull but it breaks nice on single action maybe 4 to 4.5 lbs. It is more then accurate enough I shot at 10, 15 and 25 yards and it kept 99% rounds in x ring there were fliers but it was do to me, I was able to hit a 6" gong with ease at 25 yards.

Ammo used
Winchester white box: Worst performer 115gr 100 rounds fired zero failures at all shot a little low left averaged about 4" to 5" groups
Geco red box swiss made ammo: 124gr fmj 50 rounds fired zero failures shot just about on POA grouped tight
Federal Classic 115gr Hi-shock jhp: The sig loved these ragged holes right on POA. 50 rounds fired zero failures
Remington Golden Saber 124gr +p JHP: about 2 to 3" groups shot a little left 25 rounds fired zero failures.

pros:
The gun ran great zero issues
The grip seems a little narrower then my p226 and the controls are easier to access.
The +p ammo ran smooth with light recoil I think the polymer frame soaks up some of the vibrations .
The I dot sights are easy to use and line up quick
$340 price tag

cons:
Take down is more difficult then the 200 series pistols but it is not a major pain
Mags are hard to come by I don't understand why they didn't make the mags p226 compatible
Price of mags but this is a sig thing
Only came with one mag but I was told this is how all sigs ship now
The longer mag catch lever might be a problem for shooter with larger hands

I seen reports of the 2022 not locking back on an empty mag but I had zero issues with this. These people could have been running there guns dry and Sigs are wet guns my P226, p6, and a p245 that once i owned all have a issues with slide not locking back when dry.

So far I would have to say the 2022 is a great entry level sig for someone on a budget, it preforms on par with its 200 series brothers for half the price.

I took out the Sig today and put it through its paces with a few different loads. The plastic Sig handled great I would have to say it shot just about on par with my P226. It has the famous stiff Sig double action pull but it breaks nice on single action maybe 4 to 4.5 lbs. It is more then accurate enough I shot at 10, 15 and 25 yards and it kept 99% rounds in x ring there were fliers but it was do to me, I was able to hit a 6" gong with ease at 25 yards.

Ammo used
Winchester white box: Worst performer 115gr 100 rounds fired zero failures at all shot a little low left averaged about 4" to 5" groups
Geco red box swiss made ammo: 124gr fmj 50 rounds fired zero failures shot just about on POA grouped tight
Federal Classic 115gr Hi-shock jhp: The sig loved these ragged holes right on POA. 50 rounds fired zero failures
Remington Golden Saber 124gr +p JHP: about 2 to 3" groups shot a little left 25 rounds fired zero failures.

pros:
The gun ran great zero issues
The grip seems a little narrower then my p226 and the controls are easier to access.
The +p ammo ran smooth with light recoil I think the polymer frame soaks up some of the vibrations .
The I dot sights are easy to use and line up quick
$340 price tag

cons:
Take down is more difficult then the 200 series pistols but it is not a major pain
Mags are hard to come by I don't understand why they didn't make the mags p226 compatible
Price of mags but this is a sig thing
Only came with one mag but I was told this is how all sigs ship now
The longer mag catch lever might be a problem for shooter with larger hands

I seen reports of the 2022 not locking back on an empty mag but I had zero issues with this. These people could have been running there guns dry and Sigs are wet guns my P226, p6, and a p245 that once i owned all have a issues with slide not locking back when dry.

So far I would have to say the 2022 is a great entry level sig for someone on a budget, it preforms on par with its 200 series brothers for half the price.

I have to agree, the SP2022 is very well balanced for a polymer and shoots extremely well. Btw, PM inbound regarding the magazines.

Great report and glad to hear! Cant wait to get my 2340 out on the range. From what I can dig up they are virtually the same, aside from the proprietary rail on the 2340 and the front trigger guard is shaped differently. Thanks for sharing the experience today, +1

Edit: About the grip, mine came with two different sizes (one being noticeably thicker). Do you have both?

Last edited:
Great report and glad to hear! Cant wait to get my 2340 out on the range. From what I can dig up they are virtually the same, aside from the proprietary rail on the 2340 and the front trigger guard is shaped differently. Thanks for sharing the experience today, +1

Edit: About the grip, mine came with two different sizes (one being noticeably thicker). Do you have both?

I have both i think the thinner grip comes installed the one that is mounted on the gun fits me great

I picked up a new EDC blade at the Marlboro show.[smile]

20120924222840.jpg

Picked up a really nice S&W 27-2 last week...

dysu5yvu.jpg

Finally had the chance to get some range time with it... Absolutely a beautiful revolver!!

2012-09-25_14-49-42_246.jpg

new to me M&P 9c, going to be my new carry piece after I put some rounds through it and get a feel for it...
got it as a trade and the thing it pretty mint.

Jim Bunting 10/22 bullpup kit.

- - - Updated - - -

That was the second post today that beat me by seconds. My reflex must be getting slower.

1943 CE code Mauser. It has been sitting for a long time, needs serious cleaning. Everything is matching numbers, receiver, stock,, bolt. I will post better pics when I get it cleaned up

9-25-12009.jpg

ugh.... backordered... i was really hoping to post in this thread but i might miss it and go to the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom