New Acquistions for June 2009!

not to veer this thread too much off track, but I agree, here's my Nissan:

xp1tnb.jpg

Love every second of driving it.

Is that Flax Pond in the background?

/John

Thank you Viper22

It's actually Ell Pond John, in Melrose across from the high school

I grew up in Melrose. El Pond used to be a dirty cess pool, a polluted swampy bog across the street from the school. Calling it a pond was being charitable. Just the threat of being immersed in the putrid water sent shudders down a 7th grader's spine. Actually being thrown in was the ultimate denigration and the worst thing that could happen to you in Melrose Jr. High. You would be forever shunned like a filthy stinking leper.

I can tell you it's still that dirty, it's a wonder to me they were never able to get it cleaned up because from a distance it's a beautiful pond until you get up close and see shopping carts from Johnny's Foodmaster lying half in the water and all types of trash below. The problem is that it's in the direct line of the middle and high school kids walking to and from school every day, the demographic least likely to care or be concerned about what they throw into a pond or keeping it clean.

The gas mileage report is in: 29 MPG (In town driving)....This is with a couple runs to the fire department when the tones went out, so if you factor out that agressive driving....I should be right around 30 MPG around town. We'll see how it does tomorrow driving to Quincy. I hope to see 40 MPG highway.

I'll bet you easily see 40. I am getting 33 -35 in my 2.5 Altima. With all the crap going on I really think Nissans are a bargin.

Zarathurstra11...all I can say is...AWESOME [rockon]

The gas mileage report is in: 29 MPG (In town driving)....This is with a couple runs to the fire department when the tones went out, so if you factor out that agressive driving....I should be right around 30 MPG around town. We'll see how it does tomorrow driving to Quincy. I hope to see 40 MPG highway.

I get an overall average of 33mpg with mine.

Impulse buy for my bday - GSG-5

I had thought I decided I wasn't going to get one of these, but then I saw one in the store and couldn't help myself:

IMGP4799.jpg

It is hard to read but it says "1st Anniversary Edition" on it (anniversary of what I'm not sure since the GSG-5 has been around more than a year). It should make some fun plinking this weekend.

Oh, and it was either this impulse buy, or an HK SL8 that was beside it. (Drool!) I justified this expense by telling myself that I could have spent 4X as much on something not including costly ammo, so look at all the money I'm saving! Seems logical to me.

Oh, and no one tell my wife that that is her pillow and that I had just finished cleaning the gun.

prepper

you are going to love the gsg. i have 2 of them on form 1's
they are a blast to shoot. just be careful when you take it down to clean, there is a teenie tiny really small bolt hold open spring that likes to fly out. i have already lost 2 of them, but if you contact ati they are $3 each and they are quick to ship them out.
also, happy birthday, hope you enjoy your gift

garyz

just be careful when you take it down to clean, there is a teenie tiny really small bolt hold open spring that likes to fly out.

Where in the gun do I find this spring? I didn't see any spring so I'm hoping it didn't fly out already. Would it be obvious if it was gone (i.e. what would stop working?) Currently, I see the bolt holds open when I move that lever back and up to lock it in place, as well as when a mag is inserted w/o it being loaded.

LRB Arms M14.

M14-1.jpg

M14-2.jpg

I am extremely impressed with the job these guys did. The pictures really don't do it any justice. I need a big light box! LRB makes the only forged M14/M1A style receiver currently.

very nice. if you dont mind, what did you get that for?

LRB Arms M14.

M14-1.jpg

M14-2.jpg

I am extremely impressed with the job these guys did. The pictures really don't do it any justice. I need a big light box! LRB makes the only forged M14/M1A style receiver currently.

very nice. if you dont mind, what did you get that for?

Check out their site at lrbarms.com. I got the basic rifle setup. They also have a receiver that has a top rail mounting point system built in which allows scope and iron sight use. I'm fairly sure you can spend as much as you want to with these guys depending on what you ask for!

Just received from Hawktech, Predator Raptor 10/22 stock in Atomic Red. I wasn't overly impressed with the finish, it was a bit rough. I took 0000 steel wool to it, smoothed it all out and now I'm applying coats of Poly to it. Still waiting on all the parts to assemble the rifle, so stay tuned in July for the completed product.

DSC01694.jpg

DSC01695.jpg

DSC01696.jpg

Yeah, I can't wait to get a frame so I can build the Skorpion. It weighs the same as a 1911 but shoots a .32 ACP! And I think I just might have to invest $200 in a tax stamp to put the stock on.

Yeah, I can't wait to get a frame so I can build the Skorpion. It weighs the same as a 1911 but shoots a .32 ACP! And I think I just might have to invest $200 in a tax stamp to put the stock on.

a tax stamp for that is a must. It's gotta be a short barrel, just like they have them in third world countries! [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom