New Acquistions for May 2009!

S&W 642 and 66-1

IMG_4136.jpg

I bought this in april, but never got a chance to post it.
Mossberg 817 17HMR with Tasco Varminter 6-24x42 Mil-dot. $220 for gun and scope new. I know, the scope is excessive, but I can see the expression on the squirrel's face as he explodes.[smile] Sorry, cell phone pic.

There, fixed it for you. Atleast that was my experience with a head shot using a 17hmr on a tree rat. Nice setup.

Mosin Nagant Chinese T53

My first Mil surp. Mosin Nagant T53. Stock is rough, but metal is in good shape. Barrel has good rifling and barely any pitting. Thinking of making it a sporter. It might not be much, but I love old military rifles, and now I own one!

m-n2gun.jpg

Picked this up at Blue Northern yesterday. S&W 6946 9mm, DAO with 3 mags. Years ago I used to own one of these, it is the only gun I regret selling. I think this line of S&W are real sleepers. Highly under appreciated.

6946001.jpg

Finaly got my LTC today

Well my LTC class finly came in today and as soon as I heard the news I did what an responsable gun owner would do.... I banged in sick for the rest of the day and headed up to four seasons popped my cherry and picked myself up the following.

A DPMS Panther™ AP4 Car. Miculek Comp. chambered in 5.56 and a Beretta 92FS, I can't wait to shoot these!!!

CIMG0244.jpg

CIMG0245.jpg

CIMG0243.jpg

Four Seasons was just as great as all of you on here make it out to be. Got both of these along with one preban highcap for 92fs for a very reasonable price, I saw the same rifle at another store in MA for $800 more than I paid for it. This is going to be a great summer!!

Last edited:
My first Mil surp. Mosin Nagant T53. Stock is rough, but metal is in good shape. Barrel has good rifling and barely any pitting. Thinking of making it a sporter. It might not be much, but I love old military rifles, and now I own one!

m-n2gun.jpg

If you really love old military rifles you won't make it a sporter and will instead appreciate it for the battle rifle it is.

At one point someone's life may have depended on that rifle.

High Standard Model 107 Military Supermatic 22LR

pix780080875.jpg

pix780081281.jpg

That is a beaut!!!....make sure you check for the possible hairline crack that can occur by the mag well and the cut-out for the mag release.

i had one in my hand before and was ready to buy it until i looked[sad2].
The owner did admit to using high-velocity ammo.

m-n2gun.jpg

If you really love old military rifles you won't make it a sporter and will instead appreciate it for the battle rifle it is.

Can I put a side folder and a flash light on one of those?[laugh2]

+1 to what M4M said.

Once you change it its no longer a Milsurp.

Keep it the way that god intended.

I don't feel that just putting a new stock on it will hurt anything. I could always put it back the way it was. Although I do see your point, and it has grown on me a lot already. I'm going to the range with 60 rounds on Saturday, I will know then if I will change it or not. If it feels good to shoot, it's staying the way it is. I have a feeling it won't be changing.

Well my LTC class finly came in today and as soon as I heard the news I did what an responsable gun owner would do.... I banged in sick for the rest of the day and headed up to four seasons popped my cherry and picked myself up the following.

A DPMS Panther™ AP4 Car. Miculek Comp. chambered in 5.56 and a Beretta 92FS, I can't wait to shoot these!!!

Congrats and Congrats! [smile]

I don't feel that just putting a new stock on it will hurt anything. I could always put it back the way it was. Although I do see your point, and it has grown on me a lot already. I'm going to the range with 60 rounds on Saturday, I will know then if I will change it or not. If it feels good to shoot, it's staying the way it is. I have a feeling it won't be changing.

your not going to get through all 60[wink]

Beretta 92 FS

A few new ones for the collection. A new-to-me 92FS Inox bought from a fellow NES'er. Recent upgrades upon ownership, include a full stainless guide rod, factory red sights drilled out and re-painted white, and AJAX custon black Burlwood grips. Headed to the range this weekend..!

guninventory08-01-082010.jpg

guninventory08-01-082007.jpg

guninventory08-01-082011.jpg

And a Kel Tec PF9..hardly broken in.

guninventory08-01-082005-1.jpg

Picked this up at Blue Northern yesterday. S&W 6946 9mm, DAO with 3 mags. Years ago I used to own one of these, it is the only gun I regret selling. I think this line of S&W are real sleepers. Highly under appreciated.

6946001.jpg

Nice looking and I've heard good things about them. What's the difference between the 6906 and 6946?

I'm sure that somebody didn't care what kind of stock was on it as long as it worked. In fact most of the military folks I know today are constantly modifying their equipment. They hold no sentimental value to the way the weapon came out of the factory.

Nice pick up Kenny. Do with it whatever makes you happy.

I'm sure that somebody didn't care what kind of stock was on it as long as it worked. In fact most of the military folks I know today are constantly modifying their equipment. They hold no sentimental value to the way the weapon came out of the factory.

Tell that to the soldiers who carved their history in their Yugoslavian SKS rifle stocks.

The point is that the OP said he loved old military rifles. I was just pointing out that if thats the case, why sporterize it?

Last edited:
Tell that to the soldiers who carved their history in their Yugoslavian SKS rifle stocks.

The point is that the OP said he loved old military rifles. I was just pointing out that if thats the case, why sporterize it?

Because to many people, "old military rifles" don't carry with them any sort of sentimental value. They are merely, as the name "Military Surplus" implies, a way of getting a quality gun on the cheap.

Not that I'm saying that you do but there are those that, every time somebody tries to modify a milsurp, they act like you are committing some sort of huge sin. Like you are disrespecting the honor of the brave soldier who fought with it. And while, yes, many soldiers do form sentimental attachments, it was because it was THEIR weapon. It helped keep THEM alive.... not the guy who picked it up from some crate where it had been bulk packaged and sold for a fraction of it's value.

The soldiers that I talk to today tend to be of the opinion that if somebody went around implying that everybody should treat every milsurp like a collectors item that should never be changed, while they would be flattered by the attempt, they would quietly say "Dude... you weren't there and it wasn't your gun.... relax." [cheers]

I'm sure that somebody didn't care what kind of stock was on it as long as it worked. In fact most of the military folks I know today are constantly modifying their equipment. They hold no sentimental value to the way the weapon came out of the factory. Nice pick up Kenny. Do with it whatever makes you happy.
Finally, somebody that understands my point! I know somebody protected them self and maybe others with this rifle. But, it's mine now. I will never modify the factory stock, as it does hold sentimental value to me. It will still be the same barreled action in a sporter stock, and only takes 2 screws to put the original back on. I like military rifles in all forms, sporterized or original. They all have their place. If this was a complete numbers matching gun I wouldn't modify it in any way. But this isn't, it doesn't even have a bayonet. I'm not rebarreling it, rechambering it, or in anyway making permanent changes to it. There are thousands of Mausers that have been completely butchered and modified beyond point of return. It was common practice to do so in the past, and was one of the best ways to get custom rifle. I see no problem in changing a rifle to make it special to you, as it is yours to do as you please. I plan on buying nicer rifles to keep as they are. But this one is going to be "my rifle", to defend myself with and do so comfortably. I only paid $100 for this gun, but it is special to me and I want to make it my own. Sorry if I offend anybody by doing this, as it is not my intent. I hope you can understand. I have a stock on order.

Back
Top Bottom