New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hey Everyone,

Just delivered both my wife's and my LTC applications to the Hopkinton PD yesterday. I love all the info on this site and look forward to interacting with everyone.

i am sure I will have plenty of questions and will be asking for advice.

Thanks!

[smile]

Hey Everyone,

Just delivered both my wife's and my LTC applications to the Hopkinton PD yesterday. I love all the info on this site and look forward to interacting with everyone.

Thanks!

[smile]

Hello and welcome to the forum iofneedle,

Thanks for going green in support of the forum. I am glad you got both you and your wife involved.
Hope to see you posting again soon.

Hi from South west N.H. Brought up around Hunting/trapping/target shooting/camping/hiking ect. guess you get the picture lol. Served as LEO for a decade and in my 27th yr as a call Firefighter. CCing for many yrs and G23 is my CC baby and 686 4inch my hike/camp partner.

Hello everyone! Just recently received my MA-LTC A and from central MA. So far this forum has been really helpful with all concerns in regards to MA firearm laws and all my general questions.

Howdy folks, long time lurker here, been reading the forum for years and have gotten lots of good information in the process. That's how I found the forum, while googling for information. I've been shooting on and off since I was a kid in the 70's but somehow never got my own license and my own firearms until this year. I'm on the south shore.

I have an LTC-A, restricted, despite being in my late forties with no criminal record of any kind. The firearms officer stated that everyone's getting a restriction unless they put a DD214 or a letter from an employer saying they need to carry on his desk. I asked if taking courses from Mass Firearms and others, then reapplying, would get the restriction removed and he said no, not by him. He said that maybe the next firearms officer that takes over when he retires might do it. Maybe. I'm not bashing him, he's a good guy, a veteran, and a true public servant but I have to express my disagreement with him on this point.

As you can tell, I'm still pretty disappointed, particularly after paying over $19,000 in property taxes, which includes a deceased family members back taxes, this year alone. I do realize that the taxes aren't a factor in licensing but I do wonder what I'm getting in return for what I pay. Certainly not my constitutional right to self defense outside of my home.

Oh well, I can always move [grin]

Hi from South west N.H. Brought up around Hunting/trapping/target shooting/camping/hiking ect. guess you get the picture lol. Served as LEO for a decade and in my 27th yr as a call Firefighter. CCing for many yrs and G23 is my CC baby and 686 4inch my hike/camp partner.

Welcome to NES canteencup,

Sounds as if you have plenty of experience and we look forward to seeing you take part in the discussions. Glad you found the site and become and member here. I like your choices in firearms already :)

Howdy folks, long time lurker here, been reading the forum for years and have gotten lots of good information in the process. That's how I found the forum, while googling for information. I've been shooting on and off since I was a kid in the 70's but somehow never got my own license and my own firearms until this year. I'm on the south shore.

I have an LTC-A, restricted, despite being in my late forties with no criminal record of any kind. The firearms officer stated that everyone's getting a restriction unless they put a DD214 or a letter from an employer saying they need to carry on his desk. I asked if taking courses from Mass Firearms and others, then reapplying, would get the restriction removed and he said no, not by him. He said that maybe the next firearms officer that takes over when he retires might do it. Maybe. I'm not bashing him, he's a good guy, a veteran, and a true public servant but I have to express my disagreement with him on this point.

As you can tell, I'm still pretty disappointed, particularly after paying over $19,000 in property taxes, which includes a deceased family members back taxes, this year alone. I do realize that the taxes aren't a factor in licensing but I do wonder what I'm getting in return for what I pay. Certainly not my constitutional right to self defense outside of my home.

Oh well, I can always move [grin]

Hello Pim Scutney,

There are many that feel the exact same way on the process you go through getting your LTC. It's sad anybody has to deal with that but we are all working hard at the good fight. Hope you will join us by supporting your 2nd Amendment organizations like COMM2A, GOAL, GOA, etc. Get involved and write, call, campaign for those that have our backs (which I admit is few and far between).

- - - Updated - - -

Whats up guys, Checking in from Miami!

Welcome to NES,

What brings you to the forum? Either way we are happy to invite people from all around the country. Thanks for chiming in.

Hello everyone! Just recently received my MA-LTC A and from central MA. So far this forum has been really helpful with all concerns in regards to MA firearm laws and all my general questions.

Happy to have you here BeeSayavong, jump in the discussions and enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry I already messed up....lol.... I made my own thread to say hi. http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/260319-New-Guy

No worries, glad you made a post to say hello and introduce yourself. The M&P series are nice, may need a bit of trigger work (MA trigger) but other than that a solid shooter.
Welcome Snowskull

Hey Everyone,

Thanks!

[smile]

So went we down to my PD today for fingerprints and photos...the cop was very encouraging...he said about six weeks and I don't see any trouble with LTC-A unrestricted.

On another note, my wife and I went to the range for a personal lesson Labor Day. She has only fired a .22 once. She loads five into a Sig P226 and hits all center from 16 feet. Like a fish to water. Of course, mine were all low.

Sorry to hear of the restrictions Pim Scutney. :'( I hope you have better luck with the next guy. When I first moved to my town it was red. I wasn't paying attention as a new chief was appointed that turned out to be pro gun! We can only hope that someday the town's are all of one standard and we have national reciprocity! For the time being I hope it's some solace to be able to protect your home.

Last edited:
I just joined after lurking since I received my LTC-A earlier this year. Lot's of good info here and now it's time to participate. I've been learning to reload 9mm and 38spl and will soon be giving .223 a go.

I just joined after lurking since I received my LTC-A earlier this year. Lot's of good info here and now it's time to participate. I've been learning to reload 9mm and 38spl and will soon be giving .223 a go.

Hello and welcome to the site franktc,

Glad to hear your rolling your own and saving on costs. Allows you to shoot much more! Happy to see your introduction and hope to see you in the discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Dirty hope I can contribute to the forum as much as I will learn from the members here.

My pleasure, there are many more knowledgeable than I… I just put in my two cents when its useful :)

Hi, my name is Fred and I live and work in Walpole, MA. I shoot bullseye with the Fin Fur and Feather club in Millis MA and am a certified instructor and RO. I registered for NES a few years ago but didn't really use the website until recently (okay, I was slow on the uptake). What a great resource!

Hi, my name is Fred and I live and work in Walpole, MA. I shoot bullseye with the Fin Fur and Feather club in Millis MA and am a certified instructor and RO. I registered for NES a few years ago but didn't really use the website until recently (okay, I was slow on the uptake). What a great resource!
Hello and welcome to the forum Fred,

Glad you decided to give the forum some time and see what its all about…even if a few years later ;) Enjoy!! and look forward to seeing you in the discussions.

New user here from Franklin. Have had my LTC A since 2002. Glad to live in a town with a reasonable chief.

Just started shooting pistol again (old reliable P226 in 9mm) and have recently done a little trap. Getting my 15 year old son into trap, and he's a lot better than me! We need to join a club soon.

Love the site. Thanks for sharing the info!

Got my ltc-a unrestricted from agawam last Monday! 8weeks.

Great way to make a first post :) Enjoy the new hobby and passion for many!

- - - Updated - - -

New user here from Franklin. Have had my LTC A since 2002. Glad to live in a town with a reasonable chief.

Just started shooting pistol again (old reliable P226 in 9mm) and have recently done a little trap. Getting my 15 year old son into trap, and he's a lot better than me! We need to join a club soon.

Love the site. Thanks for sharing the info!

Welcome HagueBrook,

Glad to have another person enjoying the forum. See you in the discussions

Hello all, my name is Patrick. I am active duty Air Force and just moved to the North Shore. Coming from South Dakota I will say your guns laws are going to take a little while to get used to. I am originally from Iowa and have grown up around firearms. I have already taken a class at the Sig Academy (Handguns 103) and look forward to taking many more while I am stationed here (already scheduled for 104). This forum was the source of a lot of good information prior to my move so thank you.

Hello all, my name is Patrick. I am active duty Air Force and just moved to the North Shore. Coming from South Dakota I will say your guns laws are going to take a little while to get used to. I am originally from Iowa and have grown up around firearms. I have already taken a class at the Sig Academy (Handguns 103) and look forward to taking many more while I am stationed here (already scheduled for 104). This forum was the source of a lot of good information prior to my move so thank you.

Welcome Patrick and thank you for your service.
Happy you found the forum, maybe give you a little relief to know there are others out this way with your same mindset. Hope you will continue to visit the forum and become active in the discussions. Enjoy!

Hi, my name is George, new to the forum, was reading it for a while and like it a lot! I am a runaway from NJ, moving soon to NH, cannot be happier, FREE AT LAST!!!!!

Hi, new user here from Quincy originally from Boston. Have my LTC A unrestricted from Quincy for about three years only. Braintree Rifle and Pistol club member also. Learned a lot about this state's gun laws from reading the forums and decided to join.

Hi, new user here from Quincy originally from Boston. Have my LTC A unrestricted from Quincy for about three years only. Braintree Rifle and Pistol club member also. Learned a lot about this state's gun laws from reading the forums and decided to join.

Welcome to NES Dan. I think I ended up here for just about the same reason. " Whaddya mean I can't buy a new Glock/Kimber/Colt at the gun store?" Followed by " Why does the magazine have to be 20 years old? It say "Large Capacity" right on the friggin license!"

Hi,

New guy from Merrimack here. Just moved up from Nashua with my wife. I have visited here a few times after various searches pointed to threads here. Lots of great info! I'm a permanent resident and own several handguns and rifles. Been interested in firearms my whole life, but it wasn't until I moved to this great country that I could really get into the hobby, much to the dismay of my wallet! [smile]

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place, seems like a great resource and a bunch of good folks!

Last edited:
Hello! I am new from Fitchburg! Yes all Mighty Fitchburg! Native of Massachusetts, and ashamed of it. I will be/love to move to other areas of the North East. I have viewed this forum for awhile, and my instructor for my course suggested I visit here. I have not a lot of hands on experience with firearms, but I do attest that I educate myself as best I can with any sources I can find. I take it all with a grain of salt, and still yearn to learn. Hoping to meet fellow enthusiasts and sportsman alike. Thanks for hosting/creating/supporting an amazing source of information. From one new guy to a wall of heroes-Jay

Hi,

New guy from Merrimack here. Just moved up from Nashua with my wife. I have visited here a few times after various searches pointed to threads here. Lots of great info! I'm a permanent resident and own several handguns and rifles. Been interested in firearms my whole life, but it wasn't until I moved to this great country that I could really get into the hobby, much to the dismay of my wallet! [smile]

Anyway, I'm glad to have found this place, seems like a great resource and a bunch of good folks!

Hello Tg78,

Sorry for the late welcome but happy to have you on the board. Thanks for introducing yourself and hope you will become active on the forum and with the good fight ahead :)

Hello! I am new from Fitchburg! Yes all Mighty Fitchburg! Native of Massachusetts, and ashamed of it. I will be/love to move to other areas of the North East. I have viewed this forum for awhile, and my instructor for my course suggested I visit here. I have not a lot of hands on experience with firearms, but I do attest that I educate myself as best I can with any sources I can find. I take it all with a grain of salt, and still yearn to learn. Hoping to meet fellow enthusiasts and sportsman alike. Thanks for hosting/creating/supporting an amazing source of information. From one new guy to a wall of heroes-Jay

Welcome Jay,

Happy to have another member to enjoy the site with. Keep on shooting and keep on reading and the knowledge will come.

Back
Top Bottom