New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello everyone,

My name is Jay and I am from Lawrence, MA- I've been browsing this forum for a while, mostly reading. 25 years old and I've been carrying for two years now. Just looking to meet some cool people that I can go shooting with, etc. thanks!

Welcome Jay89,

Happy you came through to post an introduction. How did you find the site? You will find plenty of good people on the forum to enjoy the shooting sports with. Are you a member of a club at all?

Welcome Jay89,

Happy you came through to post an introduction. How did you find the site? You will find plenty of good people on the forum to enjoy the shooting sports with. Are you a member of a club at all?

I found the site through a google search when I was trying to find out if my application will be denied because of a juvenile offense but luckily everything worked out in my favor. I am still trying to find a club. I was thinking Braintree or Andover? Still trying to figure that out!

I found the site through a google search when I was trying to find out if my application will be denied because of a juvenile offense but luckily everything worked out in my favor. I am still trying to find a club. I was thinking Braintree or Andover? Still trying to figure that out!

Hi Jay, Im a new member as well and love this forum its been really good reading and I have made a few good deals with a few members here. As far as a gun club have you researched Danvers Fish & Game on 114? Im not a member but I do shoot there quit often with friends and plan on joining soon, the Range is pretty decent and its not too far from Lawrence.

Hi Jay, Im a new member as well and love this forum its been really good reading and I have made a few good deals with a few members here. As far as a gun club have you researched Danvers Fish & Game on 114? Im not a member but I do shoot there quit often with friends and plan on joining soon, the Range is pretty decent and its not too far from Lawrence.

Thanks for the info! I just looked it up and it looks nice, the problem is that I don't have any friends that shoot and you need two sponsors that have been members for more than a year. I need to become a member of a club soon!

Thanks for the info! I just looked it up and it looks nice, the problem is that I don't have any friends that shoot and you need two sponsors that have been members for more than a year. I need to become a member of a club soon!

Well next time Im planning a shoot I will send you a PM and maybe you can join us if your interested in checking it out

Hay all,
I'm new to this and so far like it as I read through the posts, I'm a NH Hunter Ed Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor as well as an NRA life member,and have a small shop in Temple NH. I have been shooting for lots of years(don't want to give up my age) but have been around for a wile and love teaching and keeping our heritage alive for the next generation so that they to can keep passing it on. I also shoot every chance I get and hope to meet some of you at the shoots in NH.

Figured I should check in an say Hi. Signed up a few months back. Like the forum and sometimes want to comment but don't

Anyway. Hi there.

Oh, and took the wife to skeet and trap shooting today. She had a blast.

Hay all,
I'm new to this and so far like it as I read through the posts, I'm a NH Hunter Ed Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor as well as an NRA life member,and have a small shop in Temple NH. I have been shooting for lots of years(don't want to give up my age) but have been around for a wile and love teaching and keeping our heritage alive for the next generation so that they to can keep passing it on. I also shoot every chance I get and hope to meet some of you at the shoots in NH.

Thanks for the introduction Shop Keeper. Thank you for becoming a paid dealer as well on the site!
Hope you will be able to jump into some of the discussions and best wishes with your shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Figured I should check in an say Hi. Signed up a few months back. Like the forum and sometimes want to comment but don't

Anyway. Hi there.

Oh, and took the wife to skeet and trap shooting today. She had a blast.

Excellent that you got your wife out there as well with you. Hope you will continue to enjoy the shooting sports and see you in the discussions here.

Welcome new people!! I can't say enough great things about this site. Derek and the Mods do great work. Thank you again for all you guys do!

Hi All,

I'm Paul from the South Shore. I've followed NES for a few years and always enjoy the discussions so I took the plunge and signed up. I've have my LTC-A for a few years and am member down at American Firearms School. I got the Fiancé hooked a few years ago with my Glock19 and now she can’t keep her hands off my MP Shield since I got the trigger done at B.E.C.. I look forward to joining in the posts and meeting some of you.

Hi All,

I'm Paul from the South Shore. I've followed NES for a few years and always enjoy the discussions so I took the plunge and signed up. I've have my LTC-A for a few years and am member down at American Firearms School. I got the Fiancé hooked a few years ago with my Glock19 and now she can’t keep her hands off my MP Shield since I got the trigger done at B.E.C.. I look forward to joining in the posts and meeting some of you.

Hello and welcome Shoot2thrill,

Glad you made an introduction. Even better you introduced your Fiance into the shooting world. Sounds like you will be fitting in just fine here :)
Enjoy the discussions and hope to see you become active here.

Also for all our newest members please consider helping the good fight with donations to COMM2A, GOAL, GOA, etc. Thank you!

Hey All,

Found the site when I was researching about getting my LTC 2 years ago. Got my GOAL membership the day after my LTC, though probably should get around to making some donation to COMM2a also. Read the forum off and on to keep up with what was happening in the world along with getting a good deal of amusement from creative epithets for our lovely MA politicians. I am up in Haverhill and decided to make the jump into becoming an member (and going green) since I have been thinking about getting into actually going to the range regularly as opposed to schlepping up to MFL. So any suggestions of what might be a good club would be appreciated. (Right now I just have a .22 revolver b/c I thought it would be best to start simple and with the cheapest ammo.)

Hey All,

Found the site when I was researching about getting my LTC 2 years ago. Got my GOAL membership the day after my LTC, though probably should get around to making some donation to COMM2a also. Read the forum off and on to keep up with what was happening in the world along with getting a good deal of amusement from creative epithets for our lovely MA politicians. I am up in Haverhill and decided to make the jump into becoming an member (and going green) since I have been thinking about getting into actually going to the range regularly as opposed to schlepping up to MFL. So any suggestions of what might be a good club would be appreciated. (Right now I just have a .22 revolver b/c I thought it would be best to start simple and with the cheapest ammo.)

Hello and welcome boiler_eng,

Your up in my area, I am a member of HHRG for a local club. For a larger club with everything you could ever want Harvard is the place in my opinion. Hope you can enjoy the site and find a club to call home.

hey everyone, my wife and i are in the process of getting our class A ltc in MA...we just took the class so we should have our interviews in about a month...planning on reading, searching and learning in the meantime...hoping to make a purchase or 2 in the near future...great people and info here from what i have read thusfar! [grin]

Hi there!

My name is Matt and I will be moving from Los Angeles, California to Brookline, Massachusetts by the end of the week for the foreseeable future. As far as shooting experience goes, I was introduced to guns at a young age as my uncle was an avid gun collector - but I never fired a weapon till around 3 years ago. Since then I've gone shooting several times at local gun ranges but never took that leap to own. But I'm hoping that will soon change as I will be applying for an LTC-A licence when I get to Massachusetts. While researching the insanely arduous process of getting an LTC-A in Brookline I stumbled upon the NES forums and have been perusing the personal stories and tips since then. As I'm new to all of this, any advice, tips, and suggestions are happily welcomed! Thanks for having such an amazing forum and community!

hey everyone, my wife and i are in the process of getting our class A ltc in MA...we just took the class so we should have our interviews in about a month...planning on reading, searching and learning in the meantime...hoping to make a purchase or 2 in the near future...great people and info here from what i have read thusfar! [grin]

Hello and welcome Point37,

Very happy to hear you and the wife are both going for your licenses. That is a good thing when a family can share in the hobby/sport/protection. Hope you will continue to find the forum of value and enjoy the time spent here.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi there!

My name is Matt and I will be moving from Los Angeles, California to Brookline, Massachusetts by the end of the week for the foreseeable future. As far as shooting experience goes, I was introduced to guns at a young age as my uncle was an avid gun collector - but I never fired a weapon till around 3 years ago. Since then I've gone shooting several times at local gun ranges but never took that leap to own. But I'm hoping that will soon change as I will be applying for an LTC-A licence when I get to Massachusetts. While researching the insanely arduous process of getting an LTC-A in Brookline I stumbled upon the NES forums and have been perusing the personal stories and tips since then. As I'm new to all of this, any advice, tips, and suggestions are happily welcomed! Thanks for having such an amazing forum and community!

Welcome to the forum Matt,

Sorry to hear you will have to be uprooting to come to this state. Brookline is a pain in the ass town to get unrestricted if I remember correctly. You will want to do some more research but you can certainly apply and see what happens. Don't go by my words though as I am no expert, just lived in this hellhole for long enough to know nothing is easy in Massachusetts lol. Good luck!

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster. I'm hoping to get my first license (LTC-A with restrictions, because I don't have a legitimate need for non-restricted), so I figured I'd make my presence known. When I filled out my application, I made the mistake (?) of being honest with my medical prescriptions (I'm on a low-dosage antidepressant) and now I need an affidavit from my physician. My first attempt at getting one met with less-than-stellar results, but I'm trying again...haven't heard back from my physician yet, but I'm not hopeful...my doc felt uncomfortable basically signing something that could make him liable, so I'm not sure what else he's thinking about. And yes, I'm being intentionally oblique, for obvious reasons, but my town is listed as green...

Hi all - long time lurker, first time poster. I'm hoping to get my first license (LTC-A with restrictions, because I don't have a legitimate need for non-restricted), so I figured I'd make my presence known. When I filled out my application, I made the mistake (?) of being honest with my medical prescriptions (I'm on a low-dosage antidepressant) and now I need an affidavit from my physician. My first attempt at getting one met with less-than-stellar results, but I'm trying again...haven't heard back from my physician yet, but I'm not hopeful...my doc felt uncomfortable basically signing something that could make him liable, so I'm not sure what else he's thinking about. And yes, I'm being intentionally oblique, for obvious reasons, but my town is listed as green...

Ouch what a mess to start with FirstDoNoHarm. I can't say for sure what you may want to do outside of finding a Pro-2nd doctor ;) Possibly speaking to COMM2A or GOAL could give you direction but its pretty much do as the licensing officer requests or litigate.

Ouch what a mess to start with FirstDoNoHarm. I can't say for sure what you may want to do outside of finding a Pro-2nd doctor ;) Possibly speaking to COMM2A or GOAL could give you direction but its pretty much do as the licensing officer requests or litigate.

That's what I figured. I'll play the game, and hopefully I'll have worried for nothing. I've been poking around COMM2A and GOAL's websites anyway, trying to further my education on the issues at hand. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

That's what I figured. I'll play the game, and hopefully I'll have worried for nothing. I've been poking around COMM2A and GOAL's websites anyway, trying to further my education on the issues at hand. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

My pleasure, hopefully it goes smooth and you will have it worked out. Glad you will be sticking around and enjoying the forum. Best wishes.

Just joined this week, taking my certification class this weekend and applying for LTC - A next week. Living in Douglas MA which is a green town so hoping for a rather painless process. Looks like a great forum with lots of great info.

Hello, I've been lurking here for a few months and just joined. As you may notice I am not from the Northeast but in fact in Wisconsin. A free stater if you will [smile]. I am a hunter, shooter, and a WI CCW permit holder. I am still in college but luckily live off campus and have a public range minutes from me, and campus carry is legal here. I originally came here seeking information about getting gun rights restored in MA since a have a good friend that lives there and he is going through the ordeal of getting them back. More recently I have been coming here daily to look at General Discussion as most other gun forums are painful to read. [hmmm] I have also been toying with the idea of NH as a possible home one day should the IT job opportunities be unavailable in my neck of the woods when I'm done with school.

Hello, I've been lurking here for a few months and just joined. As you may notice I am not from the Northeast but in fact in Wisconsin. A free stater if you will [smile]. I am a hunter, shooter, and a WI CCW permit holder. I am still in college but luckily live off campus and have a public range minutes from me, and campus carry is legal here. I originally came here seeking information about getting gun rights restored in MA since a have a good friend that lives there and he is going through the ordeal of getting them back. More recently I have been coming here daily to look at General Discussion as most other gun forums are painful to read. [hmmm] I have also been toying with the idea of NH as a possible home one day should the IT job opportunities be unavailable in my neck of the woods when I'm done with school.

Hello and welcome to NES - Cheese_Head,

Glad to have members from all parts of the country. Happy to know you have found the forum yourself for your friends issue. Lots of good people and plenty of discussions taking place so we hope to see you get active and contribute. Enjoy!

Hello, I applied for my ltc a ALP on 7/25/14. I'm in agawam/feeding hills, I've found great info here so I decided to join!

Hello, I applied for my ltc a ALP on 7/25/14. I'm in agawam/feeding hills, I've found great info here so I decided to join!

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself Joevw, welcome to the forum.
I wish you the best in the LTC process. Hope you will continue to come back and get involved in the 2nd Amendment battle we are up against.
Thanks in advance.

Hey guys! Just checking in. I should be receiving my ltc from Pittsfield MA in October. I was told it will restrictions: none! I'm looking forward to my first purchases and the info contained in these forums had been invaluable for me to pass the time. Very good to know there are many "like minded" folks in my neck of the woods.:) Thanks everyone.

Hey guys! Just checking in. I should be receiving my ltc from Pittsfield MA in October. I was told it will restrictions: none! I'm looking forward to my first purchases and the info contained in these forums had been invaluable for me to pass the time. Very good to know there are many "like minded" folks in my neck of the woods.:) Thanks everyone.

Thank you for making an introduction Eaglebones,

Welcome to the site and the firearms community. Hope you will enjoy it here!

Back
Top Bottom