NH non resident permit?

FYI
I have a restricted "sportsman" New York license from Suffolk County NY.
I have received a non res NH on it (took about 45 days)
I have received a non res PA on it (took about 2 weeks)
I also have FL. Still waiting on UT and CT.
Both UT and CT have cashed checks, so it's in the works.

All of the non res licenses were issued this year.

Last edited:
FYI
I have a restricted "sportsman" New York license from Suffolk County NY.
I have received a non res NH on it (took about 45 days)
I have received a non res PA on it (took about 2 weeks)
I also have FL. Still waiting on UT and CT.
Both UT and CT have cashed checks, so it's in the works.

All of the non res licenses were issued this year.

Tell me about the New York sportsman's license - Mass. law doesn't really say what it is, but there is administrative documentation that refers to hunting, camping, hiking, and outdoor recreation. I had to confirm with my chief that he is OK with this.

I have
NH - 3weeks
Maine - 3 months
Utah and Florida - one or two months I recall
South Carolina 90 days

Same boat

Sent in my Non Resident permit application to N.H. 8 weeks ago also, have heard nothing, my check hasn't even been posted to my account yet. I'm suspecting they are having backlog issues or they are processing resident permits on a priority first. Just some thoughts.

Kevin D.
Enfield CT

Sent in my Non Resident permit application to N.H. 8 weeks ago also, have heard nothing, my check hasn't even been posted to my account yet. I'm suspecting they are having backlog issues or they are processing resident permits on a priority first. Just some thoughts.

Kevin D.
Enfield CT

Resident permits are done with the local police dept, non-res is state police. My NH resident permit was completed the same day. I dropped off the application in the morning and had it early afternoon. I'm surprised it is taking so long, perhaps we are trying to give nonresidents a taste of what it is like to wait for it. NH non-res is $20 for 4 years.....It's much better than that MA $100 annually.

I submitted my NH. I am going on my 3rd week with NH. I think NH is hit or miss. WHen my friend got his it took about 2 weeks. He also submitted it to Maine and has not heard back. Its been about 2 months. I"m going to waiting on maine to see what he gets. I have been to maine once in the last 5 years so if my friend gets a restricted permit im not going to waste my time with Maine.

NH was easy $20 and fill out a paper. I am in NH all the time anyway.

I submitted my NH. I am going on my 3rd week with NH. I think NH is hit or miss. WHen my friend got his it took about 2 weeks. He also submitted it to Maine and has not heard back. Its been about 2 months. I"m going to waiting on maine to see what he gets. I have been to maine once in the last 5 years so if my friend gets a restricted permit im not going to waste my time with Maine.

NH was easy $20 and fill out a paper. I am in NH all the time anyway.

is Maine supposed to be that tough to get CCW for a nonresident?

is Maine supposed to be that tough to get CCW for a nonresident?

Nah. Long application I recall, and a very long wait - 3 months or so I believe, but it's shall issue and worth applying for if you go up that way a bit. No fingerprinting was necessary, need passport photos, and some photocopies of your LTC's.

I applied for a NH non-res LTC and was rejected for not having an unrestricted Mass LTC. My mass ltc reads Restrictions: Sporting so when i called my local police to see if i could change my license the Lt. said "call the sergeant in charge in NH and let him know that even though there is a restriction on the card any Class A LTC in Mass is considered an unrestricted License to carry. has anyone else encountered this and anyone have any advice??
Thanks!

If that d***a** PD had just issued a LTC/ALP-A there would not be any issue.

In sense, MA in this instance is preventing you from exercising your right in another state.

That PD even suggested "even though there is a restriction on the card" the LTC is "considered unrestricted" . ?

[thinking]

I mailed my NH out of state permit on March 3rd. I just called the bank. The check has not been cashed yet. Whats going on with the NH non-resident permits? Everyone i talked to said it would only take 2 weeks. I'm starting to get nervous i didn't fill it out right, or at least should have sent it certified mail.

In the envelope i put: my completed form, copy of my MA license (front and back) and a $20 check. Did i miss something or is NH just really backed up right now?

Took them about 2-3 weeks to cash my check, then another 4-6 weeks to get it.
Probably a little office doing it all.

I've been reading this post and it seems anyone whop submitted theirs late feb and later has not received it yet. Its going to take me longer to get my NH license than it did my MA one!!!!! lol

I'm sure I'm one of the few people that will be able to say that though. [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

Patience is a virtue

After reading about all these delays, I got out my non-res license and the copy of my application. Back in May of '06, my turnaround time was seven(7) calander days. They must be jammed with applicants and hampered by budget cuts. Things change, just look at our economy and the value of your home. Be patient, it will come. NH is a Free State to be enjoyed[grin]

You all just need to get NH resident permits. [smile] It took 2 weeks and I bet I could have gotten it sooner if I went back to the PO sooner (at least in Derry, you drop off your application and go back in 2 weeks. I'm sure it could have been ready much sooner).

You all just need to get NH resident permits. [smile] It took 2 weeks and I bet I could have gotten it sooner if I went back to the PO sooner (at least in Derry, you drop off your application and go back in 2 weeks. I'm sure it could have been ready much sooner).

In my town I dropped off the application in the morning. I had a call around 1:30 that afternoon saying it was all set and I could come pick it up.

I got my CT a few days ago, took about 2 1/2 months.
That makes PA, CT, NY (home state), NH and FL.
Waiting on UT.
Gives me 38 states I believe.

Last edited:
Sent Mine in Jan 30th, got it back tonight! so 8 weeks all in all.

Mine reads Non Resident Pistol/Revolver Licence but not ccw or ltc anywere i assume this is standard?

Sent Mine in Jan 30th, got it back tonight! so 8 weeks all in all.

Mine reads Non Resident Pistol/Revolver Licence but not ccw or ltc anywere i assume this is standard?
Permit and License FAQ NH

states

The NH Non-Resident Pistol License does not contain the wording "carry concealed."
Can I "carry concealed" with this license?
Yes, a license issued under RSA 159:6 is a full privilege concealed carry license.

looks like i still have a little longer to wait! i sent mine in the beginning of march. I really hope it comes soon. Its getting to that time of year where i will be going to NH alot.

Back
Top Bottom