NH non resident permit?

I just moved (same city, different street) and am wondering what I have to do to change my address on my NH non-resident permit. I can't find anything on the card or online for it. Do I even have to notify them?

I just moved (same city, different street) and am wondering what I have to do to change my address on my NH non-resident permit. I can't find anything on the card or online for it. Do I even have to notify them?
NH FAQ

How do I submit an address change on a NH Non-Resident Pistol License?
Please forward a letter to NH State Police, Permits and Licensing Unit, 33 Hazen Drive, Concord NH 03305 notifying us of the change of address, including the old and new address. If you would like to receive a license that reflects the new address, enclose a fee of $3.00 made out to State of New Hampshire - Treasurer.

I called yesterday. She said it's on the officers desk who approves them. She wasn't sure where he was or if he'd be in for the next week, then said something about training. I guess I'll just wait longer.

sad !!! it took less time for my mass A ltc [angry]

You may be able to blame it on MA.... NH has to confirm your permit with MA. When I was in MA and getting a NH non-ressie I called after a period of time and they said that the delay is because they were waiting for MA to confirm my license.

But if you want, move to NH and you'll get it in <14 days; generally 3-4 days.

If you have restrictions on your ma ltc class a license can you get non-resident in nh with no restrictions? Thank you

A couple of times previously somebody in the NH hierarchy has taken it upon themselves to decide that they can't issue to anyone with a restricted home state license. Both times that erroneous presumption has been corrected, though after several months of denials. Currently we're once again where the NH legislature clearly intended when it wrote the statute, and NH permits are being issued regardless of any restrictions on your MA LTC.

I don't see what sort of restrictions could possibly be put on a NH license, since the only thing anyone needs on for is to carry a loaded firearm either concealed on one's person or in a motor vehicle. Not valid for carry in foreign-made cars? Regardless, there is absolutely no provision for any sort of restrictions.

Ken

did you all use "personal protection" or "all lawful purposes" as your reason? I just got my form and the two options it said to list are relatively the sam.

thanks

"ALL PROPER PURPOSES". Why would you put anything else?

I would think the answer is obvious. I am currently living in Mass, where every gun law and process is totally contrary to common sense !! (and contrary to the constitution)

Thank you for the prompt assistance.

nh non res ltc --- delay

i decided to call the other day and find out the story.......they told me they were short on help.......go figure .....8 weeks ....she told me 2 more weeks .....must be a lot of people applying for nh ltc's.....

NH is just like MA - they ignore the law whenever they feel like it - I believe their statutes require issuance within 15 days unless they find a reason for rejecting the application.

I believe their statutes require issuance within 15 days unless they find a reason for rejecting the application.

While that is true for a resident's permit, I don't believe it applies to non-residential permits. In any case, the state has made it known that they have had a hiring freeze so any non-essential areas will lag for the foreseeable future.

Waiting Period

Everybody should just relax, it is obvious that they have a limited amount of people handling the permits. If everyone is making phone calls, the waiting period will definitely be longer, instead of processing permits, they are talking to you on the phone, give them a break. If your check was cashed, then they received your paperwork, and you will eventually receive your permit.

"Patience"

NH is just like MA - they ignore the law whenever they feel like it - I believe their statutes require issuance within 15 days unless they find a reason for rejecting the application.
While that is true for a resident's permit, I don't believe it applies to non-residential permits. In any case, the state has made it known that they have had a hiring freeze so any non-essential areas will lag for the foreseeable future.
It's supposed to issue within 14 days and, as written, that section of the law should apply to both residents and non-residents.

Like jairadio said, the state police aren't intentionally dragging their feet in issuing non-resident permits, since they DO issue them eventually, and with not all that long a delay. But the state police office doing the non-resident licensing has seen serious increases in non-resident applications - they are overloaded, underfunded, and in a hiring freeze. You can thank the current majority in our state house for the cost overruns and budgets based on pie-in-the-sky revenue growth projections, which made the freeze necessary.

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xii/159/159-6.htm

159:6 License to Carry. –
I. The selectmen of a town or the mayor or chief of police of a city or some full-time police officer designated by them respectively, upon application of any resident of such town or city, or the director of state police, or some person designated by such director, upon application of a nonresident, shall issue a license to such applicant authorizing the applicant to carry a loaded pistol or revolver in this state for not less than 4 years from the date of issue, if it appears that the applicant has good reason to fear injury to the applicant's person or property or has any proper purpose, and that the applicant is a suitable person to be licensed. Hunting, target shooting, or self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose. The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued. The license shall be in duplicate and shall bear the name, address, description, and signature of the licensee. The original shall be delivered to the licensee and the duplicate shall be preserved by the people issuing the same for 4 years. When required, license renewal shall take place within the month of the fourth anniversary of the license holder's date of birth following the date of issuance. The license shall be issued within 14 days after application, and, if such application is denied, the reason for such denial shall be stated in writing, the original of which such writing shall be delivered to the applicant, and a copy kept in the office of the person to whom the application was made. The fee for licenses issued to residents of the state shall be $10, which fee shall be for the use of the law enforcement department of the town granting said licenses; the fee for licenses granted to out-of-state residents shall be $20, which fee shall be for the use of the state. The director of state police is hereby authorized and directed to prepare forms for the licenses required under this chapter and forms for the application for such licenses and to supply the same to officials of the cities and towns authorized to issue the licenses. No other forms shall be used by officials of cities and towns. The cost of the forms shall be paid out of the fees received from nonresident licenses.

I'm not a NH lawyer, so take this with the proverbial grain of salt.

The state isn't going to hire additional personnel to process the permits based on recent press releases. The only way they would move the process along is to significantly raise the cost to cover the increases people doing the work. As a taxpayer, I'm not picking up the cost to speed up processing of out of state permits.

Back
Top Bottom