• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Non-Resident RI permit.

But they do require re qualification.
I believe re qualification on renewal is standard - AG has been requiring it of me every four years since 1992. Have they added an annual requalification and, if so, do they put a one year expiration of your RI carry permit?

I am not planning anything, but if someone wants to organize a group they can work out a date with me. My requirement is $20/head, minimum $100 to do the job, payable to Hopkinton Sportsmens Association. My time is donated for the benefit of the club and NES members.

Sounds good... I'll be in touch for sure.

As I recall reading RI law on their licensing, the law requires requalification upon each renewal, it's not optional.
The plain reading of the statute doesn’t have a time limit on when one qualed.

When Don DeBiasio wrote the statute in 1959, it was only intended to be a one time thing.

Every licensing authority illegally requires qualification to have taken place within 1 year because they just copy what the AG had in place for many years.

EG told me that they have to treat each license as new, they do not have a process for renewal, hence all the BS every 4 years
They make up everything. There is no legal requirement for a written application. There is no legal requirement for fingerprints (except a print on the license for town permits).

All what is legally required is $40, one time proof of qualification, and that you aren’t prohibited. Not 1 of the 39 local licensing authorities follows this.

References, dear diary letters, social security number (illegal for them to do this), and employment is all extra.

Even the friendly licensing authorities make this wayyyyyy to complicated.

This entire process, even for Foster, can be done all online and without almost all the nonsense, including in person visits. For example, my entire Maryland carry license application was done entirely on my iPhone and the license showed up in my mailbox.

My son is applying for both Maryland and Washington DC non resident permits. He lives in Virginia but travels among those locations a lot.

It will be interesting to see how he does.

My son is applying for both Maryland and Washington DC non resident permits. He lives in Virginia but travels among those locations a lot.

It will be interesting to see how he does.
Maryland is super easy. The entire application was completed from my phone.

you need prints rolled in Maryland on livescan. Most gun stores can do it.

I was training exempt. if not, MD has insane requirements for one to go through for training.

They make up everything. There is no legal requirement for a written application. There is no legal requirement for fingerprints (except a print on the license for town permits).

All what is legally required is $40, one time proof of qualification, and that you aren’t prohibited. Not 1 of the 39 local licensing authorities follows this.

References, dear diary letters, social security number (illegal for them to do this), and employment is all extra.

Even the friendly licensing authorities make this wayyyyyy to complicated.

This entire process, even for Foster, can be done all online and without almost all the nonsense, including in person visits. For example, my entire Maryland carry license application was done entirely on my iPhone and the license showed up in my mailbox.
The aggravating part of this is that not even courts will tell the issuing authorities to knock it off and the current legislature is so bought and paid for by Bloomberg on 2A issues that they won't do jack to change the law.

How does one get exempted from the MD training requirements?

I was training exempt. if not, MD has insane requirements for one to go through for training.

That includes "Is a qualified handgun instructor". There is a good chance an NRA instructor certification plus the MA one issued by the MSP ($50/10 years if you have the NRA cert) would do it.
It won’t. “Qualified handgun instructor” means being a Maryland instructor.

It takes about 3 minutes to become one. Have a copy of your NRA certification and search for MSP handgun qualified instructor and follow the steps. It won’t cost you anything.

It won’t. “Qualified handgun instructor” means being a Maryland instructor.

It takes about 3 minutes to become one. Have a copy of your NRA certification and search for MSP handgun qualified instructor and follow the steps. It won’t cost you anything.
I regret that I have but one like to give your post.

My son just went through 2 days of training for MD and DC non resident licenses. They do make you jump through a lot of hoops.

Completed my RI qualification last week.
Going through Exeter

Shout out to “mike1960”.
On short notice I was going to be in E.G. when I saw his post in this thread.
A quick pm,and we set up a meet at Elite Indoor shooting range.
Smooth operation.
We banged out the qual and I was headed home within an hour.
Mike doing his part, getting the ear of his reps and explaining the HD4420 abomination.
If it works for you I would definitely recommend.

Completed my RI qualification last week.
Going through Exeter

Shout out to “mike1960”.
On short notice I was going to be in E.G. when I saw his post in this thread.
A quick pm,and we set up a meet at Elite Indoor shooting range.
Smooth operation.
We banged out the qual and I was headed home within an hour.
Mike doing his part, getting the ear of his reps and explaining the HD4420 abomination.
If it works for you I would definitely recommend.
Keep us posted on Exeter. A recent datapoint would be appreciated. If you can drive to Exeter and your local PD can do a couple of fingerprint cards for you, then just follow the instructions and call the town Sergeant to schedule a time to have him sign and review your application.

I'd like to put something together to meet Rob within the next 2 weeks. Something during the week. I'm working weekends. If anyone is interested, send me a pm. Looking for 3 or 4 others to pitch in. Just got my Sig Scorpion .45 if anyone would like to qualify with it. Send me a pm and, if during the week works for you, I can send a few dates to Rob. Thanks...

Pete

I'd like to put something together to meet Rob within the next 2 weeks. Something during the week. I'm working weekends. If anyone is interested, send me a pm. Looking for 3 or 4 others to pitch in. Just got my Sig Scorpion .45 if anyone would like to qualify with it. Send me a pm and, if during the week works for you, I can send a few dates to Rob. Thanks...

Pete
I'd be glad to do it.

Back
Top Bottom