Northeast Trading Co, North Attleboro, MA

I have done business at Northeast Trading in the past and I will gladly and willingly do business with him again in the future. He's a regular guy trying to run a difficult enough business in MA. Ted is not the problem.

-Cuz.

With dealers like Ted who needs enemies in the state house.

Guess you don't have a problem with him meeting with the Attorney General and backstabbing the gun owners in this state THREE different times ? Do a little research on "The Rat" and get back to us and let us know if you still consider him a "regular guy". I can't wait to hear your answer.

You say he backstabbed the gun owners. I say he is a small businessman trying to survive in a very difficult environment. Like I said before, Ted is not the villian. You are just blaming him because you are to chickenshit to take on the real problem. It sounds to me like you would be happy if Ted were to close up shop and go home. Explain to me how having one less gun store in MA would be a good thing?

You say he backstabbed the gun owners. I say he is a small businessman trying to survive in a very difficult environment. Like I said before, Ted is not the villian. You are just blaming him because you are to chickenshit to take on the real problem. It sounds to me like you would be happy if Ted were to close up shop and go home. Explain to me how having one less gun store in MA would be a good thing?

I'll be the first to admit that I get tired of all the Ted bashing here. But, just because it just gets old...not because I think he was in the right. Plenty of gun stores survive without burning the public or their competitors. What he did was wrong and there's no way to spin that. While you are right in saying the real enemy is the state, you are wrong by saying that Ted is just doing what he needs to do to run a business. What he did was exploited a corrupt local government to further his business. It's still unethical and that means a lot to a lot of people.

Ted IS the villain. What part of conspiring with the AG THREE TIMES against lawful gun owners of this state are you having a hard time grasping ? Obviously you care nothing about the facts and take "The Rats" side based solely on the fact that your perception of him is a small businessman.
Never was Ted's shop in danger of closure and I find it beyond laughable someone would even imply that.[rolleyes] What he did was done with the sole purpose of preventing free trade of other gun shops and mail order companies with gun owners of this state. He used his connections with the AG's office to prevent other vendors from undercutting his prices at the expense of our freedoms. Basically he sold all of us out so he could have a slight increase in profit due to less competition.
Maybe you ought to go back in this thread and take some time to review the facts of the three things Ted did against the lawful gun owners of the state before you are so quick to defend him. Then when you have something that resembles a clue get back to us and let us know if still think "The Rat" is a regular guy. [rolleyes][rolleyes] Sincerely, Chickenshit [laugh][laugh]

Ted admitted to calling on BPS when they opened. Fact

Can anyone show me these other "facts", that they have? Seriously!?
How in the hell do you know he called the AG multiple times? Oh that's right, because someone said he did.

Ted admitted to calling on BPS when they opened. Fact

Can anyone show me these other "facts", that they have? Seriously!?
How in the hell do you know he called the AG multiple times? Oh that's right, because someone said he did.
Actually that "Someone" who said he did it was Ted himself. Had you read all the threads on the subject you would have know that already.

Ted, is that you?

Ted is a registered member? I didn't see where he said anything. Can you show me some quotes?
Just sayn..
Ted isn't a registered member that I'm aware of but he's told many a respected longtime NES member he was proud of what he did. The reason you didn't see anything about WHO he told these things to is you didn't look. If you'd like to see the quotes and WHO he told them to start reading this thread or the many others regarding "The Rat's" colorful past. Happy reading.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, no sense letting this discussion degrade any further. Luckily, we are all free to make up our own minds and come to our own conclusions. You see things your way and I'll see things my way.

-Cuz.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, no sense letting this discussion degrade any further. Luckily, we are all free to make up our own minds and come to our own conclusions. You see things your way and I'll see things my way.

-Cuz.
I have no problem disagreeing on any subject. I do find it troubling that there is anyone on NES who would disregard the statements made by so many fellow members here and make absolutely no effort even looking for them. Luckily enough people who believe in RKBA know about "The Rat's" past so one person being blindly loyal won't make a difference.

I have read all of the pages.
See my join date, just a month before you in 2005. I have been here for the whole thing.
I have been into the shop to ask him to his face what was done and not. Have you? Prolly not. I did!
And yes, he did admit to me that he called when BPS opened. He also regrets the knee jerk move, but he did what he did.

YOU, have become one of the Sheeple, but he said it was true! I guess you believe everything you read on the interweb must be true. :/

There are 40 f-ing pages of he said she said bullshit here and that is about it.
I am not loyal to any one shop or anything else for that matter. I will buy what I want, wherever I want, if the price is right.

I just find it funny how quick this group grabs the pitchforks and torches without any facts. Bunch of Witch hunters.

I have read all of the pages.
See my join date, just a month before you in 2005. I have been here for the whole thing.
I have been into the shop to ask him to his face what was done and not. Have you? Prolly not. I did!
And yes, he did admit to me that he called when BPS opened. He also regrets the knee jerk move, but he did what he did.

YOU, have become one of the Sheeple, but he said it was true! I guess you believe everything you read on the interweb must be true. :/

There are 40 f-ing pages of he said she said bullshit here and that is about it.
I am not loyal to any one shop or anything else for that matter. I will buy what I want, wherever I want, if the price is right.

I just find it funny how quick this group grabs the pitchforks and torches without any facts. Bunch of Witch hunters.
That's the best you can come up with ?[rofl2][rofl][rofl2] You're kidding right ? You can pretend it never happen all you want. Facts are facts my boy. Get over it.[rolleyes]

That's the best you can come up with ?[rofl2][rofl][rofl2] You're kidding right ? You can pretend it never happen all you want. Facts are facts my boy. Get over it.[rolleyes]

Best I can come up with? Seriously!? Then show me the facts? BOY! You can't, can you! What facts are facts? SHOW ME SOME! What happened? Proof? So far, the only fact, is that he did call on BPS. And the way I see that, BPS is no different than Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart squishing out the small local guys. Other than that, there is a lot of he said she said crap going on.

I am not loyal to any shop! I do prefer however to keep my business local if I can.
You want me to jump on the bandwagon? Show me something. I hear people say shit all the time, about all kinds of different things. And this being the internet, I try and take things for what they are worth.
I have personally shopped there in the past, and have had good dealings with him. He has gone out of his way for me and it sure seemed like a good shop. Plus, it is close to home, just the way I like to do business.

Last edited:
I deal with this shop only for my transfers and will continue to. They have the cheapest transfer rate around that is closest to me. It does not make sense to drive all the way somewhere else just to transfer a gun and pay a larger transfer fee. Do I like the politics? Do I like that he supposedly ratted? No, but I NEVER get jerked around at Northeast and it is always a smooth transactions, I am in and out in no time.

I say he is a small businessman trying to survive in a very difficult environment.

Then he's doing it wrong.

He could've made more money by keeping quiet about Bass Pro selling Glocks, XDs, etc than he did by ratting them out.

Last edited:
I think this argument has run its course. Lets please move on.

LOL! People have been bashing Ted based in 2nd hand info they read here or heard from other people for awhile now. As soon as someone asks for proof and argues the regular criticism here you say that the argument has run it's course? If what he did is true then I think it's wrong. But you do realize that if you don't have proof of what has been said here, and you don't permit people to debate it, it's an open invitation for a libel lawsuit against this website?

LOL! People have been bashing Ted based in 2nd hand info they read here or heard from other people for awhile now. As soon as someone asks for proof and argues the regular criticism here you say that the argument has run it's course? If what he did is true then I think it's wrong. But you do realize that if you don't have proof of what has been said here, and you don't permit people to debate it, it's an open invitation for a libel lawsuit against this website?

It's only been debated here out in the open 5000 times, all the facts/info is there if people want to read it and spend the time looking for the crap. Most here consider it a dead, settled issue. If you really want to, go ask ted, I'm pretty sure he would cop to doing all of it, so there's no "Libel" to be had. BTW people have also tried to get him to defend his position on BPS on here (back when it happened) and he refused to even do that, so that should tell you something. He's pretty much unrepentant about what he did and proud of it. Those who say he didn't do it are "I think the earth is still flat" types. Even the polishers know what he did but they don't care... and that's their choice to make.

I think Type0's point is that at this stage of the game someone is either a Ted polisher or they're not, there's no use beating this dead horse because it isn't going to change anyones mind. The horse on this has already been to the glue factory 48 times.

-Mike

I was talking about the two of them going at it and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Would you rather have 2 more pages of back and forth bickering?

Last edited:
I think Type0's point is that at this stage of the game someone is either a Ted polisher or they're not, there's no use beating this dead horse because it isn't going to change anyones mind. The horse on this has already been to the glue factory 48 times.

-Mike

Ted Polisher? Your an ASS!
Because I choose to shop where I want? I left it alone, why don't you come up with something more than "read the thread". Because you can't.

Last edited:
I was talking about the two of them going at it and accomplishing absolutely nothing. Would you rather have 2 more pages of back and forth bickering?

Why not?
Anytime someone comes on here (this thread) to say something other than "Ted sucks". They are bashed to the ground and met with pitchforks and torches.
It sucks that having ones own opinion on this site is such a bad thing.

Why not?
Anytime someone comes on here (this thread) to say something other than "Ted sucks". They are bashed to the ground and met with pitchforks and torches.
It sucks that having ones own opinion on this site is such a bad thing.

I gave you a positive rep point for having the guts to speak your mind. I've followed this thread for awhile and have done some buying at his store in the past. I had not come to a conclusion myself as to my perception of Ted. Your confirmation that Ted admits to dropping a dime on BPS is sufficient for me to no longer do business there. I do thank you for helping to finally clarify this issue for me.

I gave you a positive rep point for having the guts to speak your mind. I've followed this thread for awhile and have done some buying at his store in the past. I had not come to a conclusion myself as to my perception of Ted. Your confirmation that Ted admits to dropping a dime on BPS is sufficient for me to no longer do business there. I do thank you for helping to finally clarify this issue for me.
No problem!

Ed,

None of us can give you the "first hand evidence" that you seek wrt the BassPro incident.

I have "first hand evidence" of Ted's involvement since he stated the facts and was bragging (very proud of himself) at a Mansfield F&G BOD meeting (a few days after the BP incident occurred). There were ~10 of us present that evening, although I might be the only NES'r that was present. NOTE: I did NOT expose Ted about this initially . . . someone else that he bragged to posted it first on NES and then I confirmed that it was also told to me and ~8 others at a MF&G BOD meeting by Ted himself.

So the evidence I have is "first hand" to me, but verbal only . . . we didn't ask Ted to swear out a written statement [wink] although he might have agreed to it that evening if we asked him to do so as he was beside himself in full "righteous glory". [thinking] Ted told me that he did it because he was afraid that BP would harm his business (he was #2 or #3 behind Four Seasons in gun sales in the state, according to what Ted had told me prior to this).

I will also tell you that he THREATENED ME with the following statement "The AG is considering prosecuting you for aiding and abetting a felony" because I was a Mod back then and I was deleting many posts by idiots asking "what's up with BP selling Glocks, etc." Ted and the AG's office were reading and probably copying those posts as fast as possible (unbeknownst to myself) just as I was deleting them as fast as possible.

For the record, the Glocks were/are on the EOPS List and thus I knew that the AG Regs were being ignored (which is a civil matter and not criminal). I do not carry the EOPS List around with me and if they were selling any guns that were not on that EOPS List, I was unaware of it the evening of their grand opening when all this crap went down.

The prices BP gets for their handguns are obscenely high, much higher (by $100-200) than Ted or Four Seasons sells them for on a daily basis and I told Ted that he was an idiot for ratting them out. I was sincerely hopeful that BP knew what they were doing and was about to challenge the AG Regs by doing this. Turns out that they folded like a 2-bit whore the following morning and attempted to retrieve all the Glocks they had sold after the AG threatened legal action. I was in the store that following morning and talking with a manager about it, so I got the story from their side (none of us knew about Ted's involvement at that time).

Further, I can tell you that Ted has been "out for my head" since that incident and has caused me trouble at Mansfield F&G. I have not stepped foot in his store since that BOD meeting.

Furthermore, it was Qmmo (someone who I consider a "trusted party") who told me that Ted had told him that Ted was responsible for the AG going after the out-of-state dealers who shipped ammo into MA. So, I don't know this as fact, but I do trust the source of the info. Ted and Qmmo used to do a lot of business together.

Each of us is free to associate or do business with anyone we wish to. I know where I stand on this and you have apparently made your decision. Others can read and decide for themselves.

Last edited:
Ted Polisher? Your an ASS!
Because I choose to shop where I want?

No, obviously it's your right to do so. I have no right to tell someone else how to spend their money. I have friends who still shop at the gun room, and I harbor no ill will against them, they're free to do what they want. They have their reasons.

I just call people ted polishers that deny he did what he did, but I suppose in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter. I just think that those who have resigned themselves that he's an ass but still shop there anyways because they like what he sells, or they like the other staffers that work there (which I will say, FWIW, are pretty decent guys, the one time I dealt with them) or whatever, are at least being intellectually honest with themselves about it..... as opposed to the polishers who make all kinds of excuses for the guy's behavior.

I left it alone, why don't you come up with something more than "read the thread". Because you can't.

I said what I said because there's no point to me wasting time excavating stuff which is considered fact by most at this point. Len was nice enough to post the summary version.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom