• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Other hobbies/passions/loves

BigWarden said:
I'm a backyard birdwatcher, and amateur nature photographer. That produces results like this ...

cardinal.jpg

Now THAT is way cool. [lol]

BigWarden said:
I'm a backyard birdwatcher, and amateur nature photographer. That produces results like this ...
Way nice pic!
A couple of weeks ago, I saw a bunch of birds on the crab apple tree in the front yard. They were eating all the fruit, picked it clean. I've never seen birds eating them before. I took a closer look and I couldn't figure out what the birds were. Did a little Google search and I'm pretty sure that they were Cedar Waxwings. Pretty neat.

I'm a living room birdwatcher.

In return, my parrot is a living room peoplewatcher.

She likes to play her music box so that her mom and dad will sing for her. She has us very well trained...

I don't have a picture of Emmy but here's a pic of a bird that looks a lot like her:
big002.jpg

JonJ said:
BigWarden said:
Way nice pic!
A couple of weeks ago, I saw a bunch of birds on the crab apple tree in the front yard. They were eating all the fruit, picked it clean. I've never seen birds eating them before. I took a closer look and I couldn't figure out what the birds were. Did a little Google search and I'm pretty sure that they were Cedar Waxwings. Pretty neat.
Yep, they're fruit eaters. They make a little Zee!Zee!Zee! buzz noise. Gorgeous birds!

C-pher said:
C-pher said:
Weer'd Beard said:
Hey I wanna do an easy dive to get back into it. Seriously, we need to get wet!!! NES STYLE!!! 8)

I'm DYING to get back into it!

I have all the gear just hanging in my Parent's garage!

No need for that!

I'd say diveing has GOT to be like shooting a gun or riding a bike. All the skills are still there...just gotta crank the rust out.

Plus I haven't dove since I quit smoking! I bet my bubble-time is WAYYY better now!

Arrrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I guess that I'm going to ahve to look into classes and getting my cert.
And I guess that I have to get gear. Is gear pretty reasonable. Or is it going to cost a fortune? edited for language. Sue

What Language? I didn't say anything...but Ok.

Yeah actully there's an edit on one of mine too. Wonder if it's an error....I don't recall my potty-mouth making an apperence that time....'

Maybe in retrospect maybe I might have dropped the F-bomb....

What is the exact language policy here, Lynne?

I am capable of typing in a compleat G format (though my ability to speak in that way was lost at sea years ago [lol] )....

-Weer'd

Weer'd Beard said:

Well....there isn't really a policy per say. All we ask is that folks realize a lot of people read this forum. (look at the membership#, and that doesn't include guests who surf by) We also have a few members who can't even vote as yet, so, we try to keep it fairly clean. There have been posts that none of us have touched, mainly because we don't want to be language nazi's, but there have been a few cases (and I didn't see what you or C wrote before that "Auntie" edited them) that some of us have stepped in to "fix". That's also why we ask that if a joke is kinda rude, put a warning up on it (adult humor, etc). Or, if a web site is a bit, um...racey?, then put a warning up on that too.

We really don't want to gag you guys. All we ask is that you use some thought when you're posting. :D

Lynne said:
Weer'd Beard said:

Well....there isn't really a policy per say. All we ask is that folks realize a lot of people read this forum. (look at the membership#, and that doesn't include guests who surf by) We also have a few members who can't even vote as yet, so, we try to keep it fairly clean. There have been posts that none of us have touched, mainly because we don't want to be language nazi's, but there have been a few cases (and I didn't see what you or C wrote before that "Auntie" edited them) that some of us have stepped in to "fix". That's also why we ask that if a joke is kinda rude, put a warning up on it (adult humor, etc). Or, if a web site is a bit, um...racey?, then put a warning up on that too.

We really don't want to gag you guys. All we ask is that you use some thought when you're posting. :D

Maybe just a big badge over my posts that say **PIRATE WARNING!!**

hehehe

as my Mom says *Stern Voice* "Andrew! You are NOT on the fishing boat right now!!!"

"Awww Ma, I just wanted you to pass the F$^%&*!! Peas!"
[lol] [lol] [lol]

Until May of 2005, I was an enthusiastic amatuer musician, playing in various musical groups in Boston and Providence. I developed some tinnitus and had to give it up after forty years. Playing my French horn appeared to aggravate the condition. I cannot emphasize the importance of hearing protection and conservation. I cannot directly attribute my condition to shooting per se, as I was exposed to lots of high intensity sound in the military, so it is a combination of things. The VA has concluded that it is definitely service-connected.

I have renewed my interest in shooting and firearms and devote more time to that, also have gotten more involved in church activities and I do support Caleb Butler Masonic Lodge. I still enjoy going to concerts with my wife.

Mark

Glenn and I both have some hearing loss due to the high noise environment we had in the military, and in Glenn's case civilian also. We do take extra precautions to preserve what we do have left.

So nice to read all the diversity her. I am a wood worker, carver and furniture maker. It's nice to have hobbys that are also your buisness. I'm a collector of sorts. Old tools, knives,guns (of corse), and a 51 ford panel truck.It's still in the restoration stage,but I've done 2 early ford pick ups, so I'll try to keep this one as the 3rd one is the charm?
I live in a 275 yr old house so I guess restorations has become a bit more than a hobby. Camping hiking, horseback riding with the better half and 3 people of size ( my kids)

Dam8 you got us beat a bit on the old house. Ours is only 210 years old. We are still in the process of restoring ours also. Glenn's restoring an old Willy's MB also.

edited since hubby had to harrass me on my spelling of Willy's. [lol]

Sorry right now it's covered with the hated blue tarp in the shed with garden tools, kids bikes and the lawn mower! As soon as it gets to be springtime I'll get it out and start in on it again. I'll look to see if I can find some pics if my 51 pick up (that I sold) [cry]

ArmedMainer said:
We've got a 59' Apache truck in our garage in the same situation. It's full of camping equipment ,kayaks,and tools. We've got to dig it out and sell it......someday.
1958, Dear, a 1958 Chevy Apache Fleetside Longbed in very good condition. Anyone wanna buy it?

It does make an excellent kayak storage facility! :p

reinbeau said:

What type of kayaks do you have? I've thinned our fleet down to 2 sea kayaks, a Sealution and a sticth & glue that my wife paddles.

CD

I have a wlden paddler tourer (3 seater) nice and light, ans low. and 41 dope and fabric ( with out the fabric) Does anyone out here re skin kayaks?

I did one in '89 with the material that used on the Folbot kayaks. That was a job, but it was great to get that on the water & paddle it. My sister has that kayak now.

Nickle said:
How much $? I may have a friend that's interested
I'm asking for $8500 but I'm open to offers. It's in very good shape, the frame is solid, the body needs just a bit of work. It runs well other than the fact it's been sitting for five years now. I've got some pictures I can send, if you want, later on, but right now we've got to go to bee school [lol]

cdkayak said:
reinbeau said:

What type of kayaks do you have? I've thinned our fleet down to 2 sea kayaks, a Sealution and a sticth & glue that my wife paddles.

CD
We have two, I have a Hurricane Aquasports Tampico, it's 13.5' long and 37 lbs, I needed something light enough for me to hoist around. Hubby has a larger one, Necky Looksha IV HV (stands for Extra Petite, he says [lol] ) . We haven't been in them now for over a year, no time, but we will be in them this year!!!

Seems like lots of gun folks seem to be car people too. Here's my full-race '71 Z28. Its in semi-retirement as I try and get it street legal for weekend cruising and some open road races. (legal, of course [wink] ) Been racing a Mazda RX-7 in its place. Cheaper parts for those weekends when the car gets redecorated via a wall or a competitor.

ostrovitz4.jpg

As my day job, I'm a corporate travel agent.

My creative outlet is Acting. I've done amateur and professional gigs, live theater, commercials, dinner theater and promotional stuff.

other loves

My first love is motorcyles -riding for 42 years, now riding a Honda 1800 vtx Neo
My next love is being on cape cod beaches.
My next love is shooting.
My next love is photography.

But my True LOVE is SANDEE

Back
Top Bottom