Panic Buying

Tula really is crappy ammo. I've had issues with the 7.62x39. 2 squibs, a couple seized in the chamber, with bulge like you describe. One time my vz58 just ripped the bottom of the case and left the rest in the chamber.

Lots of other reports out there of tula being garbage.

Good if you want to practice failures.
I'm surprised to hear that. I have shot thousands of Tula 7.62 and other than it smelling like cat piss I have had maybe 3 or 4 failure to feed. I stockpile that stuff for range time that way I don't have to get into my reserves of GT and WG.

I'm surprised to hear that. I have shot thousands of Tula 7.62 and other than it smelling like cat piss I have had maybe 3 or 4 failure to feed. I stockpile that stuff for range time that way I don't have to get into my reserves of GT and WG.

Same here. Before I started buying GT by the case, I shot a couple thousand rounds of Tula 7.62x39 and never had any issues with it. I haven't bought any recently, so maybe it's gotten worse.

Same here. No issues and thousands of rounds of cat piss rounds.

It's an AK. It needs nothing better than filthy Tula. Mine's been flawless, again with thousands of rounds.

YMMV.

what's the verdict on the golden tiger 7.62x39? i've never shot it. i've only used the steel stuff tulammo or wolf.

what's the verdict on the golden tiger 7.62x39? i've never shot it. i've only used the steel stuff tulammo or wolf.
I've only shot several hundred rounds of it and never had any issue, my bud MikeLawtown here runs it a lot and the times I've shot with him I know he hasn't had any issues. It's more accurate than Tula and not as dirty I'm told. AKfiles had some guys bitching about it a few months ago I don't remember exactly about what but those guys are hard to please regardless

does it actually perform any better? accuracy?

i have found wolf and tulammo to be incredibly accurate stuff given the price.

It's sealed at the neck and primer which most x39 isn't so it's good to stack deep for a rainy day. That being said I've never had any issues with any of the other stuff out of my SKS. I think most of it is made in the same plants anyways.

does it actually perform any better? accuracy?

i have found wolf and tulammo to be incredibly accurate stuff given the price.
this picture is GT at 100 yards. 5 shot group, 1st one was off (if you can even say that)and after i got zero i hit 4 shots in 1 hole pretty much, Not bad for a Fat slow round..LOL. You can see lead splatter from the steel plates that were close to my target.I put it up against the Match Hornady SST and my group was better with GT.

But anyway i think its good ammo and best part is it's LAQ coated , sealed at neck and primer so storage is a non issue. Its about 250 a case so about 25.00 more than Wolf so i think its worth having some around. For WOLF i like the HP myself

Attachments

• IMG_3545.JPG
    IMG_3545.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 85
  • golden%20tiger%20124%20gr%207_62x39%20ammo%20004_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
    golden%20tiger%20124%20gr%207_62x39%20ammo%20004_jpg_thumbnail1.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
what's the verdict on the golden tiger 7.62x39? i've never shot it. I've only used the steel stuff tulammo or wolf.

I've shot hundreds of rounds of Golden Tiger through my AK and SKS.... never had any issues with the AMMO.

This ammo is much better and cleaner than wolf or tula.

The only gun shop that has/carries GT is Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack NH (also called 619 Guns and Ammo)

The last time I was there they were selling 500rds for $129.99 and 1000rd cases for $249.99.

I think I may stop by Sat and pick up another case....November is coming soon!

this picture is GT at 100 yards. 5 shot group, 1st one was off (if you can even say that)and after i got zero i hit 4 shots in 1 hole pretty much, Not bad for a Fat slow round..LOL. You can see lead splatter from the steel plates that were close to my target.I put it up against the Match Hornady SST and my group was better with GT.

But anyway i think its good ammo and best part is it's LAQ coated , sealed at neck and primer so storage is a non issue. Its about 250 a case so about 25.00 more than Wolf so i think its worth having some around. For WOLF i like the HP myself

Can't get over that group with steel cased ammo from an AK! You'd swear those are shots from an AR...very nice.

your both wrong...

the smart move was to just never buy anything and just build your own from 80% lowers and never have a single gun registered to your name, no fingerprints taken etc....

Last edited:
Those who "panic bought" another AR each time a new ban was proposed no longer look so paranoid.

Yeah good job on their part. I made sure to build one (my first in December) but never really thought I should buy tons of lowers and other parts.

I really wish people wouldnt be throwing the 80% term around online. The whole reason we're in this mess is due to people openly pointing out the differences between MA compliant and non-MA compliant were dumb and cosmetic. I saw a guy make reference to 80% lowers on Maura's own FB page last night. Could not f*cking believe it.

Before yesterday, I was content with what I had. Today, I wished I went full retard and bought that DDM4V11 a couple months ago. But no, I didn't like the look of the comp that came with it. Or didn't buy that Battle Arms lower I wanted because the drive was too far or I might be able to save $10 freaking dollars if I had it transferred. And I should've bought everything when Alex had all his lowers nicely laid out. Idiot! So many missed opportunities. [sad]

I really wish people wouldnt be throwing the 80% term around online. The whole reason we're in this mess is due to people openly pointing out the differences between MA compliant and non-MA compliant were dumb and cosmetic. I saw a guy make reference to 80% lowers on Maura's own FB page last night. Could not f*cking believe it.

Not sure if serious, there have been videos published about how ****ing stupid the 94 AWB was since the ban sunset in 2004. The antis have been roiling to renew + increase the AWB. It's not as if anyone who could walk into a gun shop in MA wouldn't have seen a bunch of neutered ARs on the walls and boxes of preban mags for sale.

As far as the 80% thing, I agree with you on that... people just need to shut their mouths once in awhile. A huge contingent of the post-sandy hook gun crowd are dumber than a box of rocks.

-Mike

How is everyone finding the availability and pricing of 9, 45, & 556?

I got plenty of my 9mm and .223 reloads that cost me about 16 cents per round and 19 cents respectively....[smile]
Anyway, the prices look normal to me. 21 cents per round shipped for 9mm. .223 has stayed the same since Orlando, about 32 cents per round shipped.

Back
Top Bottom