• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pisses me off...

Do you support or oppose a bill in Congress to make all illegal aliens felons?

• Support

Votes: 68 93.2%
  • Oppose

Votes: 5 6.8%

• Total voters
The bill has one good provision: it will punish employers with both fines and jail time if they hire illegal aliens. I have always maintained that there would be no supply (of illegals) if there wasn't a demand (employers who want workers on the cheap).

I agree this is the first thing that needs to be done.

The real problem that I see, however, is enforcement. Do we actually have the adequate number of law enforcement personnel to investigate and apprehend these felons ? Once they are brought before the court, can the system provide a speedy trial ? When convicted, are there adequate facilites available to incarcerate them ? Have we only created another unenforceable law ?

I think we do have the ability. However, there would be a short-term increase in illegal alien crime before it could be brought under control. The price for allowing ot to go unchecked for so long. The borders must be secured, then by simple attrition they get tossed back across the border. Those who have actually committed crimes while here serve their time then get tossed.

There is plenty of desert to be used as a state-side Gitmo.

Coyote33 said:
New poll there:

Should illegal immigrants be required to go home before becoming eligible for U.S. citizenship?

Yup!! [smile]

then look the border gates [devil2] (if there really were any)

That's How I Feel.....pack um up and ship em out.

The Chambers of Commerce should actively PROMOTE businesses which do not use ILLEGAL labor, and ban those which do.

A friend got a roofing quote the other day and the guy said: "The crew is Brazilian, and those guys just LOVE to work." He and I just looked at each other and nodded.

Greg said:
I think I will name some clay pigeons this weekend. Pedro,Jose,Juan...[smile]

Ok boys, I want each of you to grab a clay pigeon and run towards that berm with holding that pigeon over your head. Who ever makes it to the berm with pigeon intact wins.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom