Plymouth, MA. Yes, that is correct! October 6 & 7

Gary,

Thanks. News to me. Oh well, maybe when it's sold we'll get a pro-gun owner and can re-approach for gun shows. [I hope you liked that segue. [wink] ]

I do expect to get down to Plymouth to scope it out and meet up with a couple of friends afterwards.

Over the years I've found that the ammo prices at MA shows are no where near as competitive as they used to be. You're better off just finding the best deal online (that'll ship to MA)

Maybe I'm wrong about it but that's just what I've noticed with the majority of ammo vendors I check out at Marlboro.

Will definitely try and make this show. Afterwards, will stop off at Cupcake Charlie's and stuff myself full of peanut butter cupcakes until I need a Rascal scooter to mobilize myself.

Hey All,

Just saw this after trolling NES today (got my LTC-A NR today!) and was wondering if gun shows are worth waiting for to buy a handgun. Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am brand new to the gun world. I am itching to get my first gun now, but if the prices are worth it then I may wait.

Regardless of waiting to buy one I will be attending this for sure.

Thanks in advance!

You will likely pay more at a gun show than one of the numerous reputable gun shops local to you.

They typically jack the prices up at the shows!

Hey All,

Just saw this after trolling NES today (got my LTC-A NR today!) and was wondering if gun shows are worth waiting for to buy a handgun. Sorry if this is a silly question, but I am brand new to the gun world. I am itching to get my first gun now, but if the prices are worth it then I may wait.

Regardless of waiting to buy one I will be attending this for sure.

Thanks in advance!

IMHO a gun show is probably the most terrible place to buy your first handgun. For the 12 bucks or whatever the hell it costs to get in, that'd probably buy you enough gas to drive to 3 different gun shops in your area. One of them will probably have something you will like, and will have staff that will have more time to answer your questions.

A gun show is the last place to go when you NEED something specific. [laugh] They are fun otherwise if your expectations are low, but if you go in expecting to buy something, you are setting yourself up to get disappointed.

-Mike

Hi LenS and Mike,

Thanks for the heads up guys. That is opposite to what I would expect when going straight to the manufacturers at the show, but great to know. I'll definitely end up going to the show just to get a chance to physically check out some of the guns, but I'll be heading to my local gun shop to pick up my first one

Appreciate the feedback gents!

-Julien

Hi LenS and Mike,

Thanks for the heads up guys. That is opposite to what I would expect when going straight to the manufacturers at the show, but great to know. I'll definitely end up going to the show just to get a chance to physically check out some of the guns, but I'll be heading to my local gun shop to pick up my first one

Appreciate the feedback gents!

-Julien

Julien,

Just to clear this up for you, this is NOT a trade show. There are NO mfrs present.

This is a "flea market" for gun stuff. Lots of small gun shops selling their stuff.

I usually just go to look, I get a kick out of the high prices on guns and end up just picking up some targets and maybe ammo. For anyone knew to the firearms sports, it's kind of fun.

For many years I have gone to Marlborough gun show...only to hit fourseasons in wouborn to buy something on the return trip.

I have a list of 20 items I take with me to gun shows overcthe past 5 years. Things I need but not really "need ". Parts for older guns and projects. Misc. Gear effect.
I have crossed off 6 items.
Make a list of items you want/ need your just not finding local.
What I do. I plot all the gun shops on the way to a show on my gps. Usually with in. A mile or 2 of the main route. I will call those shops to see if they are going to show or not.
depending on your route. There are a few shops in the area that you can check out.
No particular order here
Acme Armorment, Outback arms, C&F guns, middleboro gun shop, Plymouth bay/M&M sporting goods. There's a few a bit more south also? Names escape me at the moment. Bring cash if your gonna buy. Don't be afraid to haggle. I offer my Max "I " am willing to pay for a item. Not so much what it is worth.

I am going to this show. I did not go to the Marlboro show, but will go to this one just to look around. I am hoping to find maybe some AR parts, or some decently priced pre-ban AR mags. If I go home with nothing, no big deal.

I am going to this show. I did not go to the Marlboro show, but will go to this one just to look around. I am hoping to find maybe some AR parts, or some decently priced pre-ban AR mags. If I go home with nothing, no big deal.

Parts, sure. But to find a decently-priced pre ban AR mag at one of these shows is about as likely as being raped by a one-eyed unicorn.

Sometimes there will be out of state vendors there with boxes of post ban AR mags @ $10/ea.

Parts, sure. But to find a decently-priced pre ban AR mag at one of these shows is about as likely as being raped by a one-eyed unicorn.

Sometimes there will be out of state vendors there with boxes of post ban AR mags @ $10/ea.

Oh, that sounds exciting. [laugh]

Well you never know, even at $20 I would buy at least a couple. That way I don't have to call or drive around to 10 different LGS's looking for them.

You've got a week and a half Darth! Even if you don't have it by then, still you should go check it out if you've never been to a gun show. There's lots of cool stuff to look at besides guns/ firearms related items. I had been going to gun shows with my father since I was knee-high and I always managed to find something awesome to bring home. When I was around 14 yrs old a vendor sold me a replica Walther PPK complete with swastika grips and leather holster. Not that I condone Nazi ideas or any such thing but I thought that little piece was the coolest thing ever.

So get yourself there and look for a new flashlight or pocketknife or something!

I plan on being there at 8am Saturday morning. I want to get in, before all the good crap is picked over. [laugh]

It's going to be a long hour+ drive to get there. I better find something AR related.

When I went to the Springfield show a few months back, the guys from Gadsden & Culpepper were there and I bought some stuff from them. I hope they will be at this show as well.

Back
Top Bottom