Service List

Pilgrim-
I've probably run into you at the Middleboro Gun Shop. Good place to go broke. [lol]

I recognize the ASA patch. As I remember the first US soldier to die in Vietnam was ASA, in 1961.

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines here. I joined the Marine Corps back in 1993. I am active duty currently serving on an I&I Staff with the 25th Marines in Worcester, Ma

I am an 0681---EKMS (Communications Security) Manager for the Regiment!!!

BTW, I don't like being a Private either But I guess that's how the ranking system goes in here :eek:

Lynne said:
Welcome aboard Gunny, and thank you for your service! Don't worry about the rank - just post a lot, you'll get promo'd. [lol]

Yep, take it from Mrs.3000, she knows how to make rank around here. [lol]

TSBH said:
Gunnery Sergeant of Marines here. I joined the Marine Corps back in 1993. I am active duty currently serving on an I&I Staff with the 25th Marines in Worcester, Ma.

IIRC, we'll be seeing one of your boys at Franklin Lodge in Grafton next month for our Toys For Tots drive! I'll keep you posted as to the date.

Ross

dwarven1 said:
TSBH said:
Gunnery Sergeant of Marines here. I joined the Marine Corps back in 1993. I am active duty currently serving on an I&I Staff with the 25th Marines in Worcester, Ma.

IIRC, we'll be seeing one of your boys at Franklin Lodge in Grafton next month for our Toys For Tots drive! I'll keep you posted as to the date.

Ross

Are you sure it's us? I think 1/25 has that area don't they? Either or, yeah you will see "A" Marine soon. Toys 4 Tots has kicked off in full swing. We are going to toys r us next week to spend $10,000 [shock]

TSBH said:
Are you sure it's us? I think 1/25 has that area don't they? Either or, yeah you will see "A" Marine soon. Toys 4 Tots has kicked off in full swing. We are going to toys r us next week to spend $10,000 [shock]

I only looked quickly at the letter we got (I'm the Secretary of the Lodge) and then turned it over to the Senior Warden who is working with the Marines to set this up, so I could be mistaken about what unit we were working with. Somehow I didn't think that there'd be that many Marines stationed in Worcester! :D

We usually have a good time the day we set up for the drive... I bring down some slot car track and some cars and let the kids of the brothers run them. The folks dropping off toys sometimes bring their kids with them, too, and they're welcome to stay and play for a while. We usually have munchies for the kids and the donors.

Here's photos from the 2000 drive.

Ross

I only looked quickly at the letter we got (I'm the Secretary of the Lodge) and then turned it over to the Senior Warden who is working with the Marines to set this up, so I could be mistaken about what unit we were working with. Somehow I didn't think that there'd be that many Marines stationed in Worcester! :D

We have a staff of about 20 there. I wanted to ask that today too and I forgot. Something is telling me though that Grafton is not our area. If you tell me where Grafton is near I can tell you for sure! 1/25 does the Boston area so if Grafton is near Boston then it definatley isin't us.

TSBH said:
We have a staff of about 20 there. I wanted to ask that today too and I forgot. Something is telling me though that Grafton is not our area. If you tell me where Grafton is near I can tell you for sure! 1/25 does the Boston area so if Grafton is near Boston then it definatley isin't us.

Grafton is the first town to the southeast of Worcester - next town south of Shrewsbury.

dwarven1 said:
TSBH said:

Grafton is the first town to the southeast of Worcester - next town south of Shrewsbury.

Welp, I guess that is our area [lol] I don't know why I didn't know that! Oh wait I know why, I try to stay as far away from that T4T thing as I can...what a pain in the butt that is for us man [lol] I try to stay in my "Box" and T4T is not my "box" [lol]

TSBH said:
Welp, I guess that is our area [lol] I don't know why I didn't know that! Oh wait I know why, I try to stay as far away from that T4T thing as I can...what a pain in the butt that is for us man [lol] I try to stay in my "Box" and T4T is not my "box" [lol]

Well, that would explain it! [lol]

Tank said:
joined the VT ARNG in DEC 99

OSUT July 2000 'till April 01
1/86 FA VT ARNG

JAN 04 'till FEB 05
deployed in Iraq

JUNE 05 'till Presnt
deployed to Kuwait

I might be home someday........
Dirve On and good luck.

A friend of mine just deployed to Iraq. He was in Afghanistan a couple of years ago, Desert Storm, and was on active duty 1983 to 1993. He's been in the NG since 1978. His father was a WWII and Korean War vet so I guess he felt he had something to prove. I think when he gets home next year he'll have all the proof required, even to his dad.....

TSBH said:

Well, our T4T drive is scheduled for Saturday, 12/10 from 1200-1600 at the Grafton Masonic Temple on Rt 140 in North Grafton. And since we were told that we aren't going to have a Marine come down, if you want to volunteer (or just drop by at sometime), you'd be warmly welcomed.

Heck, I'll even make sure that as many of the shooters we have in the Lodge come down so we can shoot the bull about guns. there are at least 4-5 of us...

73-82: USN Submarine duty USS John Adams (ME, SC & Holy Loch Scotland) & Sub repair in NLON CT.

82-92: USN Reserve; Various duties with surface and sub-related units in UT, ME, WA and IL.

92-03: USN Reserve Navy Mobile Construction Battalions 26 (MI) & 27 (ME)

Currently Grey-area retired.

I was just found this, thought I would check in.

United States Navy

00-01 Naval Nuclear power Training Command Charleston, SC

Jan01-June01 Nuclear Power Training Command, Ballston Spa, NY

Aug01-Nov05- USS George Washington CVN-73 Two Deployments to Middle East

Dec05-Present Nuclear Power Training Unit Instructor Ballston Spa, NY

Back
Top Bottom