New guy to the forum

Rangers Lead The Way

U.S. Army
1998 - 2001
Ft. Benning
OSUT, AIRBORNE, RIP(RANGER INDOCTRINATION PROGRAM),
3rd Bn 75th Ranger Regiment.

MAY01-DEC02
TSM-Soldier working on Land warrior, SEP, prototype weapons in PEO-soldier.

Now a humble Bar Manager who will be going to the LEO side of things next year.

Hello all!

24 Oct 89 to right now - 104th FW, MA ANG

Avionics tech, QA inspector, Avionics shop super.

13 years of that full time.

Now, I'm just not looking forward to replacing our A-10's with @#$^&@! F-15's. Not that they asked me........

Kevin

Usn 1974-80

USS Rowan DD-782 1975, USS Vogelgesang DD-862 1978-80.

Highlight of my 6-year tour of duty?

Operation Frequent Wind 29Apr1975. My ship planeguarded CV41 USS Midway as we evac'd RVN.

I saw lots of dead helo's pushed off CV41, plus a Cessna landing.

U.s. Army

Active Duty, U.S. Army-

1981-1983: C-3/319th F.A., 101st Airborne Division(AASLT) as a 13B.
1983-1985: A-1/40th F.A., 3rd Armored Division(Hanau, FRG) as a 13B.

1985-1992: Break-In-Service.

1992: Re-up into MAARNG and attended Military Police School @ Ft. McClellan, Alabama. Assigned to 972nd Military Police Co.,211th Military Police Bn.

Post 9-11, activated for Homeland Security Mission @ Logan Int'l Airport, Boston MA. Upon De-Mob, received WARNORD for possible deployment for Operation Enduring Freedom. Activated and later sent to Afghanistan and Uzbekistan to join the party. About 12 months downrange.

Fulfilled obligation and ETS as an E-6 / SSG. Still mulling it over whether or not to Re-up and finish with 20 year's. Only 3 more needed. Civilian Police Officer in the world.

Welcome Freedom Vet. Thanks for your service. Seeing how you are considering another go around.... Ft. Dix is looking for soldiers who have been in either sandbox to do a fulltime gig down there training the units going over. Our son is considering it. It's a year at a whack.

i'm the boot on here.
went delayed entry in 95
became a Marine in '96
97-98 in okinawa with combat assualt battlion/motor transport
98-00 Camp Lejeune 6th Marine Regt./ motor transport
left active service as a Cpl.

Usaf 85 - 99

13 Yrs 6 Mos 11Day AD-AF

Lackland (Where else)
Chanute
RAF Fairford
Pease AFB
Carswell AFB
Beale AFB
Osan AB ROK
Beale AFB

325x1 / 455x1B / 2A4x1

KC-135 / B-52 / U-2

InTheBlack:
USMC 1969-1975
PI
Lejeune (Geiger)
San Diego for Comm school (No combat duty. However TJ was tough, but I survived it) ;=)
HQBN, HQMC, Henderson Hall, Arlington, VA

Overall an REMF, with heart and soul for America and its values.

Son did Army stint as Combat Medic. Am a very proud father.

Looks like there will still be a need for the military when my 1-year old grandson comes of age. Business appears to be booming. :=(

My heart and thanks go out to all who have served, are serving, and will serve.

Active duty Marine, 1985-1992. I should have never gotten out. Other than my children, I am proudest of being a Marine NCO.

Enlisted in the MA National Guard just after 09/11/2001. Spent the better part of 2003 in Afghanistan.

Left the Guard for about 14 months when I was trying to save my marriage after OEF. Re enlisted in my old unit last spring (the marriage ended), and am hoping to go to Warrant Officer school this summer.

Back
Top Bottom