Shriners - Wilmington, MA Feb 18th and 19th.

Anyone know the process to carry (concealed, boxed, locked?!) my pistol in to the show? From what I saw at Marlborough, they don't want CC. But since I want to buy a holster, I need to have the pistol with me!

thanks,
Chuck

They will ask you at the door if you have any guns. If you do, they will make sure the firearm is cleared, and tie wrap the gun so that even if you do want to try it in a holster it probably won't fit right anyhow.

I have always just cleared my gun in the car, loaded it with an empty mag, and didn't say I had it on me...

But you can do what you wish.

Adam

The Fall Marlboro show had a sign up saying that anyone caught with any ammunition (presumably other than boxed) would be presecuted for "criminal trespass". I'm not sure if that's the correct MA terminology, but it's probably close enough. While tresspass is a misdemeanor, it might be enough for the issuing authority to consider you "not suitable" to have a LTC. That would probably depending on where your permit is from.

Of course you could carry some cutters and extra wire ties so if you see a holster you absolutely have to try, you can cut the tie, test the holster, and then retie the weapon.

As a matter of fact, I brought some extra ties to Marlboro in case there was a weapon that I really wanted to look at in depth. That way I could tell the seller that I'd give him a replacement tie. I know it's like 10 cents or less, but it would seem to be the courteous thing to do.

Gary

That's good to know...What about like Adam said, by leaving an empty mag in it?...or removing the mag altogether and just having a holstered weapon? I don't know, I probably won't even bring a CC, but more for reference.

If it's like Marlboro, and actually every other gun show I've gone to, they'll ask you at the door if you are carrying. If you are, they'll ask you to unload your weapon. At Marlboro they put the ammo in a plastic bag with a piece of paper on which I wrote my name.

Gary

$8.00

Signs are meaningless in MA. You have to be requested to leave, AND refuse in order to be charged with criminal trespass here.

Great idea

We can all laugh about bringing a wagon until we are forced to drag those crates across the parking lot. As you are lying half dead in the middle of a parking lot grasping for air, you last sight on this earth is the guy zipping by with that red Radio Flyer.

I would have killed to have one during my last trip to the Springfield show. :p

I'm going to try and hit the show too! Is there a secret NES.com pin or or secret handshake to recognize fellow board members? You know, for those without red wagons....

ajw45 said:
I'm going to try and hit the show too! Is there a secret NES.com pin or or secret handshake to recognize fellow board members? You know, for those without red wagons....

Some will be wearing NES shirts and Sweatshirts. Not me. My grey one was not the right size. So I was screwed with that, and my other one is pertty much all scewed up with stains and the like...

SO I'll probably post what I'm wearing when I get dressed Saturday Morning....I might be working some at the Powder Keg Table first thing in the morning. Don't know yet.

C-pher said:
Some will be wearing NES shirts and Sweatshirts. Not me. My grey one was not the right size. So I was screwed with that, and my other one is pertty much all scewed up with stains and the like...
Baby puke?

ajw45 said:

Here is a picture of C-pher..
So it will be easy to find him!

BGA.jpg

[twisted] [twisted] [twisted] [twisted]

Adam_MA said:
ajw45 said:

Here is a picture of C-pher..
So it will be easy to find him!

BGA.jpg

[twisted] [twisted] [twisted] [twisted]

Ok, so now I'm going to have to find a shirt like that to wear to the show.

Warning::::: if you see this man, do not be alarmed! He wants to buy your milsurps and is there for that one purpose. Oh... and maybe some ammo too. [lol]

18f477e2.jpg

Well since its too late to order a NE Shooters shirt, i'm still gonna wear a Springfield Armory one.

How far is FS from the gun show. Figure if I am in the area I would check it out for the first time. I will be going to the gun show in the am on Sat. :D Can I rent some space on the Radio flyer ? Should only need space for 2 cases of ammo. [oops]

edin508 said:
How far is FS from the gun show. Figure if I am in the area I would check it out for the first time. I will be going to the gun show in the am on Sat. :D Can I rent some space on the Radio flyer ? Should only need space for 2 cases of ammo. [oops]

Down 93 to 95....oh, probably about 20-25 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom