Shriners - Wilmington, MA Feb 18th and 19th.

edin508 said:
How far is FS from the gun show. Figure if I am in the area I would check it out for the first time. I will be going to the gun show in the am on Sat. :D Can I rent some space on the Radio flyer ? Should only need space for 2 cases of ammo. [oops]

Yea, not far, I think that BJ and I are going to scoot over there after the show as well. As well as going over to Collectors. So, if you can find us, I would think that you can follow us over there.

If you're going, it's now looking like I'm going to be in there in the morning working at the table for the Powder Keg. So if you're there early, then stop on by and say hi.

I do know that I'll be wearing a Boston Red Sox hat.

Look for this mug...

Mackenna018.jpg

C-pher said:
edin508 said:
How far is FS from the gun show. Figure if I am in the area I would check it out for the first time. I will be going to the gun show in the am on Sat. :D Can I rent some space on the Radio flyer ? Should only need space for 2 cases of ammo. [oops]

Yea, not far, I think that BJ and I are going to scoot over there after the show as well. As well as going over to Collectors. So, if you can find us, I would think that you can follow us over there.

If you're going, it's now looking like I'm going to be in there in the morning working at the table for the Powder Keg. So if you're there early, then stop on by and say hi.
Will do. Not too sure about the time I have to spend though. I will be having my mom watch my son so I can get a better look at some things this time :)

I might have some free time in the morning- if you show up at 9AM will there likely be lines? If I only have a couple hours is it worth it? I've never been to a gun show.

Thanks

My advice - either show up a half hour early, or don't come until about 11 AM. Otherwise, the line will be so long, you might just turn around and say "forget it."

There is a strong incentive for someone to be early through the door because there might be just the thing he's looking for - just around the corner.

And there may be only one of them in the whole show...

And it may be cheap enough that he can afford it...

And small enough so he can sneak it in the house undetected...

Have Fun!

Ken

I'm planning on being there around 11. Look for the heavyset guy with a shaved head and a goatee wearing a "Nation of Riflemen" t-shirt...

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Special deal from Powder Keg is I mention NES? [lol]

I wish, then I would mention it. :D Too bad I'm the only one that come here. Really, I'm just friends with the guys and helping out in the morning. I'm not getting paid, and I don't have any clout. I'm just there so they can go to the bathroom. :D :D

And I'm only there to help them get set up and through the morning rush. Then I'm going to walk the floor with TypeO and then head over to Four Seasons and then maybe Collectors.

I've never been to a gun show. Is it the kind of thing where I can carry/wear a sign or something that says "Para Ord 1911 for sale" or would I get the evil eye for doing that without a table?

Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question.

crakowski said:
I've never been to a gun show. Is it the kind of thing where I can carry/wear a sign or something that says "Para Ord 1911 for sale" or would I get the evil eye for doing that without a table?

Sorry if that sounds like a stupid question.

Not a stupid question. And to answer, you can, and you will see people there doing that as well.

There will be people there with rifles with a flag sticking out the barrel telling you the price and any data.

Just make sure that you have some FA-10's on you if you plan to do that.

OH, and so you know, I've done that by the way.

I've brought in pistols to a show and walked around and went from table to table to see if anyone wanted to buy what I had. People would walk up to you and ask if you wanted to trade, or if you would sell.

So it's no big deal. You'll just have to clear the pistol at the front table before going in. Then do what you have to, to get the price you want.

Anyway we can ID Northeast Shooter forum members at the show? (I don't have any NES shirts or hats yet). Maybe a secret handshake or wave or something??? 8)

Moderator said:
ChristosX said:
Anyway we can ID Northeast Shooter forum members at the show? (I don't have any NES shirts or hats yet). Maybe a secret handshake or wave or something??? 8)

How about this?
secret_hand.jpg

:p [lol] You know me but I am going to give you the wave when I see you anyway [lol]

gunshow

Sheriff Dudley will be there!! just look for an old dopey looking guy
with a hat on that say,s " TOP GUN". dont shoot, just show me guns,
guns, and more guns, i think thats a reasonable request!

Take Care
S.D. [roll]

Re: gunshow

sheriff dudley said:
Sheriff Dudley will be there!! just look for an old dopey looking guy
with a hat on that say,s " TOP GUN". dont shoot, just show me guns,
guns, and more guns, i think thats a reasonable request!

Take Care
S.D. [roll]

Hey Sheriff...when'd you get back?

Well, I won't be there!

Got a return call from Michael deBethencourt a short while ago. Will be meeting up with him just before he does his thing with SAS to discuss the possibility of putting together some different kind of training for NES Members.

So I'll be over at BR&P from very early afternoon onward . . .

LenS said:
Well, I won't be there!

Got a return call from Michael deBethencourt a short while ago. Will be meeting up with him just before he does his thing with SAS to discuss the possibility of putting together some different kind of training for NES Members.

So I'll be over at BR&P from very early afternoon onward . . .

I'll see you & the Missus there. I'll be doing the gun show, Four Seasons, & BRP. :D

Back
Top Bottom