Shriner's

Posted for March 1&2. Some are skeptical given the past few years, but it's on the Shriner's web site.

Gary

At least this time a flyer appears to exist.

Still, I won't believe it until I talk to a friend of mine who works for an FFL the night before setup and he says "we're going to wilmington tomorrow". [laugh]

-Mike

It's got to be better than the show that replaced it last year.

Place was so crowded by 10:00 AM you couldn't move or see anything.

Glad it's back at the Shriners hall.

Got my card in the mail yesterday.

Got my coupon, too. Hopefully, it will be the same show it used to be. This show always seemed to attract several ammo dealers - and the Boys from NY had to mark their prices down to normal levels.....

I talked to Carol from from Newmart productions (they produce the show at the Shriners)yesterday and she said tables were selling well. We were still able to get a table to promote our club but she was looking forward to a good show.

Got my coupon, too. Hopefully, it will be the same show it used to be. This show always seemed to attract several ammo dealers - and the Boys from NY had to mark their prices down to normal levels.....

Indeed! I scored some Golden Tiger, 1,000 rounds for $175. Thats $25 less than what I saw them selling it for a while ago.
There is a certain rifle I've seen at a few gun shows recently that I didn't pick up but probably should have. If its at Wilmington it'll be mine.[smile]

Probably a dumb question...

Indeed! I scored some Golden Tiger, 1,000 rounds for $175. Thats $25 less than what I saw them selling it for a while ago.
There is a certain rifle I've seen at a few gun shows recently that I didn't pick up but probably should have. If its at Wilmington it'll be mine.[smile]

I'm thinking about going to the show at Shriners. It would be my very first gun show. Can anyone give me some very basic info on what to expect? It sounds like there are good deals on ammo sometimes. What else? I have this suspicion that shows in the People's Republic of Mass aren't quite the same as shows in the rest of the country. Is that correct? Do manufacturers typically set up tables? Good place to buy accessories? Any other tips (i.e. arrive early, come late, etc.)?

Thanks in adance.

I will be there debating wether or not to were my fez. 10 hour work shift + 6 hours of watching my daughter while wife is at school = me tired as hell in my fez on PC.
shriner.jpg

I'm thinking about going to the show at Shriners. It would be my very first gun show. Can anyone give me some very basic info on what to expect? It sounds like there are good deals on ammo sometimes. What else? I have this suspicion that shows in the People's Republic of Mass aren't quite the same as shows in the rest of the country. Is that correct? Do manufacturers typically set up tables? Good place to buy accessories? Any other tips (i.e. arrive early, come late, etc.)?

Thanks in adance.

Lots of booths and plenty of ammo, handguns and rifles. These things get crowded and people stand in front of the cases making it difficult to see what is inside. There is old, new and unusual and the prices are all over the place from $5.00 to $5000.00. I am looking forward to it and hope to find some good deals. The last one I saw was at the Ferncroft and it was too small. Go and experience the agrivation and Joy.[smile]

I've been going to gun shows all over the country for 30 years which means nothing more than I have evolved (or maybe devolved) to the point that I consider it at worst a couple of hours of entertainment.

I haven't seen a bargain on a gun in years, although I hear stories. I just haven't seen them myself. I'm told all the real deals happen Friday night before the show ever opens.

I go looking for specific things like hard to find ammo, magazines and stuff you ordinarily can't find in stores.

I go on Saturdays around noon or early afternoon. No way I'll ever stand in that early morning line. The crowd starts to thin a little by then so you can actually see the tables.

I take whatever cash I'm willing to spend and avoid impulse buying, BUT, I get my hand stamped in case I want to come back Sunday and make that buy after sleeping on it.

I think they are fun.[grin]

If I get scheduled to work on Sunday at BPS, then I'm not going to be working both days. If they don't put me on Sunday, then I'm at the show.

But I am there on Saturday.

Well, then, I'm going to have to make sure to make it down Saturday morning!

Back
Top Bottom