Shriner's

The biggest disappointment I saw at the show was a rare Izhevsk arsenal SKS that had been put it a Ram-Line synthetic stock.[sad2]
The asking price would have been ok if it had the original stock and I even thought about rescuing it and returning it to original as a project but whoever did it replaced the handguard wood too.
It just wasn't worth it because between the parts I'd need and the handguard work, I couldn't justify spending that much when I know there is a mint version out there somewhere for me.

The stuff I got was headstamped OFV 96, advertised as South African, boxer primed, loose packed

I'm pretty sure that's Indian..Take care when firing it through a semi.The 70's Indian is good,but the later stuff not so much.Overpowered,underpowered etc..

If ya like it,I have about 800 rounds I'll sell you.

Last edited:
This is the .308 ammo that was loose packed. Label on the can says South African 200 rounds. Its the smaller can alongside the 2 big cans I picked up for $20.

100_0527.jpg

Show was kind of a disappointment. The one thing I was maaaaaybe looking for wasn't to be found...No biggie though as it was probably better I saved a few bucks.

Got to see C-pher, Jay, Gary, Bill, Troy, Joe, and got to meet John from Liotech and PaulD, as well. I think I saw Mike from far away, but by the time I made my way, I couldn't find him.

It was cool to meet you and C-pher.

I got some decent ammo deals so it was a worthwhile show.

This is the .308 ammo that was loose packed. Label on the can says South African 200 rounds. Its the smaller can alongside the 2 big cans I picked up for $20.

100_0527.jpg

Yeah, turns out its Indian, and the 90s stuff didn't have great QC apparently.

Labeling mistake, or deliberate misleading? I knew I should have just grabbed some of the Prvi 200 round packs.

I got this stuff:

Know what it is?

/John

Yep, should be some good stuff. The FNM .308 is good and this should be close.

I saw you at the show. I was the guy in the green jacket sitting in a chair filling out a 4473 while you were looking at the Kel-tec. I left just as you were starting to fill out the form for it.

Joe R>

Labeling mistake, or deliberate misleading? I knew I should have just grabbed some of the Prvi 200 round packs.

Wouldn't be the first time I've seen that kind of thing.

I saw some ammo being sold once as israeli military surplus. I started sifting through the bins only to discover that there were at least a half dozen different headstamps in the ammo. They probably were just reloads. The cases looked nice, though.... [laugh]

-Mike

Met a couple of NES'rs Saturday morning. I loved that I could just browse around without feeling like cattle getting loaded into a truck. I ended up coming home with a Surefire L4 and some books,Mosin,SKS and AR-15 as well as 500 rounds of Wolf 7.62x39. I didn't see any gun deals that jumped out at me so no guns for me.

A couple of years ago the guy at 308 ammo had a bunch of 7.62nato labeled Hirtenberger and it was OFV which is the Ordnance Factory at V......... can't remember the spelling of the name but it's in India. He also had some KF which is the Kirkee arsenal in India. He seems to have a habit of mislabeling his ammo. JSYK, OFV96 is a post Radway Green era run of ammo. RG pulled out sometime prior to that and the QC went into the toilet. Hope you have good luck with it.

Thanks for the pic, it's Portugese made in the "BF" factory as opposed to the "FNM" version of Port.

Yep, should be some good stuff. The FNM .308 is good and this should be close.

I saw you at the show. I was the guy in the green jacket sitting in a chair filling out a 4473 while you were looking at the Kel-tec. I left just as you were starting to fill out the form for it.

Joe R>

Thanks for the info guys.

Sorry I didnt get to meet you Joe.

Find me a GSG-5 tomorrow.

Thanks.

I didn't work the show on Sunday. I ended up working at Bass Pro.

Could have been.
Chinese guy with a Yale hat on. My brother (Hanwei) was with me.

Yep, that was you. I think that you even came back to me to get them to let you out with the 10/22 that you bought.

I went yesterday, I ended up getting some 556 tracer bullets, some Ramshot powder, and some replacement followers for a couple of AR magazines that needed them. It was nice to see the show back in Wilmington again, but like most MA gun shows, there weren't many deals, but still fun to walk around...

I bought a few pounds of smokeless, a few thousand primers and a shoulder holster for my 686.
There seemed to be less junk than at the Marlboro show, more NIB stuff.....all in all a little bit more to see (even though we've all seen the same stuff more times than we care to remember).
Was the GOAL table tucked away where no one could find it?
I was glad to finally make it back to a show at the Shriners'.
I would imagine the weather kept a few away on Saturday.
CJC

Yep, that was you. I think that you even came back to me to get them to let you out with the 10/22 that you bought.

Thanks for letting me out by the way.

I've already started to modify the 10/22 I bought.
Some polishing, some modification to the bolt release, and I'm building a new stock for it.

2rxvcw2.jpg

ydjjb.jpg

2u793bs.jpg

dpei4o.jpg

Back
Top Bottom