Shriner's

I just got back from the Shriner's Gun show. I couldn't find anything that I HAD to have so I came home empty handed. There were a few really nice guns, but prices are definately creeping up.

Did you see any pre ban AR's at reasonable prices? What kind of price if you did?

There were several ammo dealers, more than most shows which gave the New York guys some competition. The best deals seemed to be to the left when you entered the hall. 308Ammo.com or something like that. Big sign over the booth. I got some .38 Wadcutters for $9.99/50 and some .303 at $15.00 for 50. A few decent deals on long guns, but not much on hand guns.

Saw JayG and C-Pher and met Dave. Yeah, he does sort of look like his avatar. <G>

No where near 500 tables, by my count. I heard a dealer talking to one of his friends. He thought the turn out was low, and not because of the storm. He also commented that W. Springfield is going up to $9.00 on parking and that the show was dying.

Anyway, it was worth going even if I didn't find my SMLE.

Gary

I just got back from the show and I didn't think it was all that bad. More accessories and knives then firearms, but still was a good time walking around. I ran across a few things I wanted that were at a decent price, but the three group buys I'm in dictated no buying large items for me policy. [sad2]

Ran into a bunch of NESrs, which is always a good thing. $10 to get in though is a little steep. I will say I thought this show was much better then the ones at the Big E. The 308 ammo guy was selling a lot of things at decent prices. I loved it because it made the NY guys lower their prices. You could see some cross outs and new pricing on several items in the NY guy's bins. I got there right around 9am and the 308 guy had 500 rnd loose federal 223 for $120. When I got there he had about 20 ammo cans full. Within an couple hours they were all gone. He also had loose south african 308 at $74 for 200. That didn't last very long either. Not sure if he kept any of that stuff for tomorrow, but I doubt it. I passed on buying some. Very stupid of me now that I think of it.

No Empty Hands Here

I got back home about an hour ago. I Got 400 rounds of 7.62 NATO and a KEL TEC SUB 2000 sub rifle with two 30 round mags and one 10 round mag. I have been thinking about getting a SUB 2000 for a little while now, but when my wife saw it and said "Wow, thats cool!" I decided that it was time. The price was right too.

/John

Shriner's Thoughts

I got there shortly after it oppened. The weather on the way up from New Bedford wasn't bad at all. Only traffic was when we got stuck behind a group of plows that were plowing a 1/2 inch of slush. [hmmm]

Parking was pretty easy. My father has a handicap parking pass but even so it took a while for the main lot to fill up. No line, and no waiting either. [grin]

I walked in, kicked a few tumble weeds aside (yes thats how dead it was in there, like a ghost town).

Great for people like me who enjoy walking down the aisles without weeding through a hundred people and being able to get a look at every table. Bad for the dealers who I heard complaining most of the morning about the lack of people. There was such a small crowd that I even passed time looking at handguns and I usually can't get near handgun displays.

I saw a few nice guns but like 45 acp said, I already had most everything I saw that I wanted and what I didn't have I just didn't want. Some decent deals to be had. I saw a few S&W revolvers I thought about buying because the prices were definitely right, but I saved my cash.

Instead I wound up getting 2 huge ammo cans @ 2 for $20, a 200 round can of South African .308 for what I thought was a decent price (can't remember exactly how much now), and 10 packs of the Down East Blend beef jerky plus some snack sticks. I was happy to see Smith's have the Down East Blend. Its been 2 shows since he had any.

I saw a few familiar NES faces and met a few I hadn't before. I also tried haggling with the NY ammo dealers (same ones who usually have the 2 obnoxious brothers working) but when one guy who looked like Richie Aprile from the Sopranos agreed to sell me 10 boxes of Winchester 12 gauge 00 Buck for $25 instead of the normal $2.99 a box, the older guy tapped him on the shoulder and said no deals. [rolleyes] Screw em' I figured and went to the other NY ammo guy at the other end of the show who sells magazines too. He definitely had the best prices on ammo at the show and had a good assortment too. Don't know why that guy only works the Wilmington show but I like buying from him now that NY Steve isn't working for his Father anymore. At least Steve would cut a deal on multiple boxes.

All in all I thought it was a great show with lots of ammo, milsurp/tactical accessories, and plenty of guns even though it was typical gun show pricing. I enjoyed the drive up with my father who I don't see much except for at work, and we stopped in at Zero Hour on the way home where I bumped into TYPEO and also picked up my Ruger PC4 carbine.
Even the weather wasn't bad. Definitely a pretty good day.

I got there right around 9am and the 308 guy had 500 rnd loose federal 223 for $120. When I got there he had about 20 ammo cans full. Within an couple hours they were all gone. He also had loose south african 308 at $74 for 200. That didn't last very long either. Not sure if he kept any of that stuff for tomorrow, but I doubt it. I passed on buying some. Very stupid of me now that I think of it.

Thats the deal I got that I was trying to remember, the .308 in a can @ $74. My regret was not buying the .223 when I saw it.

That guy only works the Wilmington show and usually always beats the other NY crew at prices.

I got back home about an hour ago. I Got 400 rounds of 7.62 NATO and a KEL TEC SUB 2000 sub rifle with two 30 round mags and one 10 round mag. I have been thinking about getting a SUB 2000 for a little while now, but when my wife saw it and said "Wow, thats cool!" I decided that it was time. The price was right too.

/John

They're a blast to shoot once you get the hang of getting a cheek weld on the tube and get used to the funky feeling recoil. Cold weather is tough though. I thought of buying some black cloth tape to put on mine for shooting in the winter months.
Very handy little rifle!

The show was good. Found some 50AE at a good price meet some NES people for the first time. Nice to finally put a face to a name

Thats the deal I got that I was trying to remember, the .308 in a can @ $74. My regret was not buying the .223 when I saw it.

That guy only works the Wilmington show and usually always beats the other NY crew at prices.

I nailed two cans of that as well, the loose packed 200 round cans of boxer primed SA. Actually pretty solid price for 7.62 as it is harder and harder to find these days.

That's all I got. I saw a somewhat neglected 03A3 that I was thinking about but someone snatched it up first. Wasn't a killer deal at $500 but I have been looking for one. The rest were 700 and up and I don't want to spend that much on one...

show was pretty good. gun prices were WAY high again SW9VE for $375 and P22 for the same price!!! I picked up 2 Preban 30 Round AR Mags for $15 Each! and some mag pulls. other then that i didnt get much..good amount of reloading stuff but i might go back tomorrow to pick up a Mosin the guy had there for $80!

how were the prices on 7.62x39?

The NY boys (Golden Tiger) and 308Ammo (Wolf) were selling 1000 rounds of 7.62x39 for $185. Of course after paying the 3% credit card surcharge and state tax, they come out to $200/case. Still, that's what the market is charging right now, especially if you add shipping costs. It will only get worse...

I've put a couple thousand rounds (+) of Wolf downrange with my SAR-1, without a hiccup. I can't remember a single dud either. I'll try Golden Tiger someday, but for right now I'm sticking with what has worked well in the past.

I picked up a ruger 10/22 for $145. Came with scope mount, cheapo scope and magazine.

I'm gonna use it to build a custom 10/22.

Gun prices were way too high.

I missed out on a 10/22 for $125. I saw it as someone picked it up to look at it...then he bought it.

I picked up a ruger 10/22 for $145. Came with scope mount, cheapo scope and magazine.

I'm gonna use it to build a custom 10/22.

Gun prices were way too high.

I missed out on a 10/22 for $125. I saw it as someone picked it up to look at it...then he bought it.

Was that you at my table, almost at the end of the show?

Show was kind of a disappointment. The one thing I was maaaaaybe looking for wasn't to be found...No biggie though as it was probably better I saved a few bucks.

Got to see C-pher, Jay, Gary, Bill, Troy, Joe, and got to meet John from Liotech and PaulD, as well. I think I saw Mike from far away, but by the time I made my way, I couldn't find him.

Back
Top Bottom