• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

So, you want to shoot 3 gun?

We're planning to run a 3-Gun match at Harvard next season. The crew wants to shoot one (or mainly, Al wants to shoot one) so we're going to run one.

As I mentioned in another thread, we love shooting 3-Gun, and we don't mind setting them up, but the shooters are generally not that interested. If we get 30 shooters at a 3-Gun, as compared to 80-100 at a typical pistol match, or 60 at a rifle match, or 50 at a shotgun match, it makes us think that most folks would rather have a 1-Gun match. A few years back we got really hooked on 3-Gun and ran three matches in one season. The first match had decent attendance; the second was kinda small; and the third was a nice little match that seemed like it must have been "invitation only." We kinda go with whatever makes people happy.

Dan,
Pick a date to run the match. If it doens't conflict with matches I'm traveling to, in June and hopefully August, I'm in for more than holding a timer.

We're planning to run a 3-Gun match at Harvard next season. The crew wants to shoot one (or mainly, Al wants to shoot one) so we're going to run one.

As I mentioned in another thread, we love shooting 3-Gun, and we don't mind setting them up, but the shooters are generally not that interested.

Awesome. As soon as the date gets announced, it's going on my calendar. I'm in for any help you need. I think you'll find the demand is there now.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

As I mentioned in another thread, we love shooting 3-Gun, and we don't mind setting them up, but the shooters are generally not that interested. If we get 30 shooters at a 3-Gun, as compared to 80-100 at a typical pistol match, or 60 at a rifle match, or 50 at a shotgun match, it makes us think that most folks would rather have a 1-Gun match. A few years back we got really hooked on 3-Gun and ran three matches in one season. The first match had decent attendance; the second was kinda small; and the third was a nice little match that seemed like it must have been "invitation only." We kinda go with whatever makes people happy.

If I am not out to sea, I am there. I can help move stuff, or any other type of simple tasks are needed. I am not that experienced with the game, but I am good at manual labor.

Depending on schedule/dates, I would be there to help. Been an IDPA SO since 05, SO'd many state and local IDPA matches and a few small 3 gun matches. Hope to take the USPSA RO course in March; 2 days means I must stay overnight. Still planning on it.

Merry Christmas to all.

David E.

I'm in Dan! The three gun match a Few years back was amazing. Pit one had the picket fence with doorway and dog house behind it. Breeching the door with the SGs... So much fun!

I wouldn't mind a 3 gun match that doesn't have any shotgun stages. [smile]

Last edited:
I resurrected this thread as it is for informing shooters that have interest in trying 3gun, but have little knowledge. It's not about match schedules. There are other threads dedicated to that.
Thank You

It was a club only event. A few others were invited but I wanted it not to get too big. As it was Dan and I didn't have enough time to talk about all the things we wanted to before we were rushed into the shooting portion.

As far as Wallum Lake running 3 gun matches next year..? we'll see what happens. Theres only one big range out to200yds then 6 kinda small pistol bays. They also need alot more paper target stands and all the things that go along with them.

Now I can tell you that that will be more shotgun only matches as they have almost 200 steel targets, trap, skeet, sporting clays and lots of property thats good for natural terrain stages. I'll let you know when dates start to come together.

Back
Top Bottom