• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

My FedEx driver wasn't going to get an xmas card this year except that he had to deliver a ~70lb kettlebell to me a couple of days before christmas.
I ordered 400 lbs of bumper plates and a full power rack. I helped him unload it off the truck and gave him a card, he's always been good with the ammo too

We should work something out where people who are able to land ammo orders can grab stuff for everyone else. At this point I see it as a challenge to get orders through, the problems are that I'm running out of storage and money. [laugh]
Biggest problem with this is that, based on yesterday, you're lucky to get one item into a cart and purchased before it's gone. Trying to get one thing for yourself and one thing for someone else results in no things for anyone.

Unless you're looking for a lanyard. I can make you a good deal on one of those!

Canceled my TS Prime autorenew. I can't justify it at this point, if things stop being FR later on I may consider renewing it. Maybe if they would put a 30-minute timer on a shopping cart so someone doesn't pickpocket you while you try to enter your payment info. It's not like they are going to have to put it back on the shelf if you don't complete the transaction...

Canceled my TS Prime autorenew. I can't justify it at this point, if things stop being FR later on I may consider renewing it. Maybe if they would put a 30-minute timer on a shopping cart so someone doesn't pickpocket you while you try to enter your payment info. It's not like they are going to have to put it back on the shelf if you don't complete the transaction...
They need to impose a 5-case max, and a captcha. Neither is hard to do, but there's no reason for them to do it unless you tell them about it. They're gonna sell everything they get in, but if they start hearing from Prime members (which has got to be a money-maker) that they're not going to re-up, hopefully they'll make the necessary changes to the website. Bass Pro started having ammo on the shelves a lot more once they stopped online sales. TS, hopefully, will play the long game and make some changes to not piss everyone off.

A 1 minute timer would be enough. A buddy asked me to snag a case of 5.56 for him, and I added it to my cart this morning when the website had "99+" in stock, but by the time I could check out, it was OOS. It wasn't more than 30 seconds.

Just out of curiosity why can’t links from other sites be posted? I have no problem with it, I just thought this had become a sort of ammo in stock thread
Massachusetts has threatened a number of online ammunition sellers. Target Sports told them to stuff it and kept selling online, however, other companies discontinued sales to MA. There's no need to bring unwanted attention to someone doing something perfectly legal but who may not be willing to deal with the irritation of a state demand.

They need to impose a 5-case max, and a captcha. Neither is hard to do, but there's no reason for them to do it unless you tell them about it. They're gonna sell everything they get in, but if they start hearing from Prime members (which has got to be a money-maker) that they're not going to re-up, hopefully they'll make the necessary changes to the website. Bass Pro started having ammo on the shelves a lot more once they stopped online sales. TS, hopefully, will play the long game and make some changes to not piss everyone off.

A 1 minute timer would be enough. A buddy asked me to snag a case of 5.56 for him, and I added it to my cart this morning when the website had "99+" in stock, but by the time I could check out, it was OOS. It wasn't more than 30 seconds.

I just sent them an online message stating I'm a Prime member and suggesting a per case max & captcha/timer or something to alleviate the problem. Stated that unless the issue is addressed, there's no real value in having a Prime membership. FWIW. We'll see if they reply.

I just sent them an online message stating I'm a Prime member and suggesting a per case max & captcha/timer or something to alleviate the problem. Stated that unless the issue is addressed, there's no real value in having a Prime membership. FWIW. We'll see if they reply.
And I just received this reply:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the recent email inquiry. We sincerely apologize for the items that you were not able to place an order for items placed in stock. We are doing our best to get as much inventory in but we do not have control over how fast items sell out.

We are doing our best to allocate more items so that we can offer it to our prime members.

Thank you,

Target Sports USA

Customer Support Team

Same thing has happened to me multiple times. Add in stock items to cart and before I can complete the checkout process they are gone. Nothing more frustrating than hitting the place order button and being told item is out of stock when you just added it you cart seconds ago. Also with basically no ammo available and using text alerts and praying you get online in time the benefits of a prime membership are reduced. It has become hit or miss and maybe not worth the cash.

And I just received this reply:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the recent email inquiry. We sincerely apologize for the items that you were not able to place an order for items placed in stock. We are doing our best to get as much inventory in but we do not have control over how fast items sell out.

We are doing our best to allocate more items so that we can offer it to our prime members.

Thank you,

Target Sports USA

Customer Support Team
Yeah, I called yesterday. They plan to do nothing...to quote the girl I spoke with, limiting purchases (ie, case limits) "didn't work out well for us". Supposedly they had a 2 case limit for a while. Now it is apparently 10, according to her.

I did the same. An 8% discount and free shipping isn't worth it if I can't buy anything...

Back
Top Bottom