Target Sports Delivering Again - Megathread

we do not have control over how fast items sell out.

That's objectively horseshit.
There's a million ways to control how fast items sell out, and virtually every sought after product release (buying 9mm and 223 is harder than buying a ps5, graphics card, or yeezys these days) has a way to do it except TS apparently.

The best way to control how fast items sell out is to raise prices, but they catch shit for that too.

At the end of the day they're a business looking to move product. I don't think they're going to lose too much sleep over lost prime members in this environment, or any environment that's reasonably foreseeable in the short to medium term, and frankly it's not clear to me how they might take care of prime members' ability to buy ammo without seriously screwing up the rest of their operation. Setting aside the prime members, why should they have to ration the ammo out?

The best way to control how fast items sell out is to raise prices, but they catch shit for that too.

At the end of the day they're a business looking to move product. I don't think they're going to lose too much sleep over lost prime members in this environment, or any environment that's reasonably foreseeable in the short to medium term, and frankly it's not clear to me how they might take care of prime members' ability to buy ammo without seriously screwing up the rest of their operation. Setting aside the prime members, why should they have to ration the ammo out?
Honestly they probably just see the writing on the wall. With Beijing Xiden, online ammo sales will probably be banned in about a month. Might as well sell out everything you can as quickly as you can. Prime will be no more.

I've only had 3 notifications from them since I went Prime last Winter/Spring. Anything I managed to buy was the result of me refreshing like crazy on my day off. I definitely won't be renewing mine.

Say what you want to about their stock disappearing in seconds, but they're the absolute Not Fukcing Around Crew when it comes to shipping.

Order Date:1/18/2021 1:17:45 PM
UPS3.JPG

I managed to snag 600 rds of with M1152 9mm (dumb luck) yesterday, and I could be shooting it today.

YOU HEARING THIS, BASS PRO?

I know we've been joking around about these lanyards but they really are breathtaking. Real game changers in the field of displaying credentials. Everyone talking about cancelling their prime membership needs to lay hands on one of these before making that decision.

Realizing that a product review without any sort of rigorous real world testing is meaningless I decided to put the lanyard through its paces over the course of the last 7 minutes. Here are my findings.

First, I designed a training scenario appropriate for the product in question. Today I would be going to the dentist, but this was to be no ordinary cleaning. They found some issues last time I was there and told me I'd need a crown, so this dry run would have the added benefit of preparing me mentally for what lies ahead.

I geared up. Mechanix gloves, pre-Healey ban fully custom AR (Anderson lower, mix of high-ish end parts up top, pic rails everywhere, receipt proving its pre-Healeyness folded up and stored in the grip storage), 30 round p-mag with a mag block epoxied in and 10 snap caps fully loaded, Blackhawk! Dynamic Entry Thundermaul in my belt, and the lanyard around my neck. My dental insurance card snapped into the lanyard with a very faint click that was both satisfying and reassuring at the same time. It was a perfect fit. Those bastards at Blackhawk! had somehow done it again.

After scouting out the front yard and sending my 5yo out to clear the driveway (always train as a team) I slipped out the back door and 3 tactical rolls later I was at the car. I cleared the trunk, the backseat and the Sears X-Cargo on the roof before jumping in. Once inside I paused to take inventory and realized that the lanyard had sort of broken apart during one of the rolls but it was still managing to hold the card so I proceeded to finish the simulation and drive to the dentist's office before turning back to head home. The rest of the trip was uneventful aside from some light traffic.

All in all the lanyard did a damned fine job of holding and displaying my insurance card throughout a highly dynamic training exercise. Yeah it broke apart but the ground in my AO is frozen this time of year so I have no reason to believe that a lanyard from any of the other Tier 1 lanyard manufacturers would have fared any better.

It's a great piece of critical kit with exceptional fit and finish. It's worth every penny of $22. An easy 5/5 stars.

1611081347864.png

Realizing that a product review without any sort of rigorous real world testing is meaningless I decided to put the lanyard through its paces over the course of the last 7 minutes. Here are my findings.

First, I designed a training scenario appropriate for the product in question. Today I would be going to the dentist, but this was to be no ordinary cleaning. They found some issues last time I was there and told me I'd need a crown, so this dry run would have the added benefit of preparing me mentally for what lies ahead.

I geared up. Mechanix gloves, pre-Healey ban fully custom AR (Anderson lower, mix of high-ish end parts up top, pic rails everywhere, receipt proving its pre-Healeyness folded up and stored in the grip storage), 30 round p-mag with a mag block epoxied in and 10 snap caps fully loaded, Blackhawk! Dynamic Entry Thundermaul in my belt, and the lanyard around my neck. My dental insurance card snapped into the lanyard with a very faint click that was both satisfying and reassuring at the same time. It was a perfect fit. Those bastards at Blackhawk! had somehow done it again.

After scouting out the front yard and sending my 5yo out to clear the driveway (always train as a team) I slipped out the back door and 3 tactical rolls later I was at the car. I cleared the trunk, the backseat and the Sears X-Cargo on the roof before jumping in. Once inside I paused to take inventory and realized that the lanyard had sort of broken apart during one of the rolls but it was still managing to hold the card so I proceeded to finish the simulation and drive to the dentist's office before turning back to head home. The rest of the trip was uneventful aside from some light traffic.

All in all the lanyard did a damned fine job of holding and displaying my insurance card throughout a highly dynamic training exercise. Yeah it broke apart but the ground in my AO is frozen this time of year so I have no reason to believe that a lanyard from any of the other Tier 1 lanyard manufacturers would have fared any better.

It's a great piece of critical kit with exceptional fit and finish. It's worth every penny of $22. An easy 5/5 stars.

View attachment 438145
Thanks! But seriously, now I have to go buy a Thundermaul.

Does it pass the "Microwave test"...?

View attachment 438164

That's ridiculous. Why even test it? What are the odds of being trapped inside a microwave and having to show my credentials?

You raise a good point though (completely unwittingly I'm sure), so I've designed a small tactical faraday cage to go around it. If anyone has an emp of some kind that I can borrow for testing I'll be able to report back on how well the lanyard functions post-event.

That's ridiculous. Why even test it? What are the odds of being trapped inside a microwave and having to show my credentials?
A shame really... I was hoping for a more thorough test to determine if will block microwave/G5 frequencies from penetrating into the forehead...

1611084894711.png

Just for shits & giggles I looked at the NES classifieds for ammo, haven't looked there in months. A guy is selling 1500 rounds of Eley .22 target for $500. I can go on CMP right now and get 1500 rounds of that for around $235 delivered to my front door. Everything else is close to a buck per round. What's hilarious are the guys selling 39 rounds of this or 22 rounds of that. It's insane.

I'm getting a mite sick of not getting text messages when stuff is in stock. Their website says I was sent a text, and yet...

Yea they either never come or come hours afterwards. The alerts are useless I used to set them up but id get them and 10 seconds after receiving I would go and it would be gone. Then I just started refreshing randomly and I would see ammo I had alerts set up for come in. Id buy it and it could b 10 mins, 2 hours, or never and the email and/or text would show up.

I'm getting a mite sick of not getting text messages when stuff is in stock. Their website says I was sent a text, and yet...

FWIW:
You can double check your notification settings. It is in my account under the communication tab.

I wasn’t getting notifications and found that I had typed my phone number in incorrectl.

Bob

FWIW:
You can double check your notification settings. It is in my account under the communication tab.

I wasn’t getting notifications and found that I had typed my phone number in incorrectl.

Bob
Yup, notifications are all fine. The last text I got from them was last Wednesday but accoridng to their website I've ben getting them all this time. Bull.

Yup, notifications are all fine. The last text I got from them was last Wednesday but accoridng to their website I've ben getting them all this time. Bull.

I'd bet that they start sending alerts as soon as the ammo goes up on the site as available and then they stop sending alerts as soon as it's sold out. No way they have the bandwidth to drop every alert at the same time. With how fast their ammo sells out I'd be surprised if they get 10% of the alerts out before they stop sending them.

I'd bet that they start sending alerts as soon as the ammo goes up on the site as available and then they stop sending alerts as soon as it's sold out. No way they have the bandwidth to drop every alert at the same time. With how fast their ammo sells out I'd be surprised if they get 10% of the alerts out before they stop sending them.
Could be. I'm gonna need to be bumped up the list in that case!

Back
Top Bottom