• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Terrorist paper targets are illegal?

Send a letter to the officers and/or board of your club including a copy of the law in question. Ask them to inform the range officer that he is wrong. They can't fix it if they don't know about it.

Actually, yeah, you do. I was at a gun shop in NH and this myth was being repeated to customers in the shop. (something along the lines of "these targets are illegal in MA"

This myth has gone so far and wide you would swear that Joseph Goebbels was ressurected from the dead, for the sole purpose of running around to MA and NH gun stores and ranges, telling them about the law in MA that makes it a crime to use silhouette/humanoid targets. [rolleyes]

-Mike

Well, he said "We don't have these problems in NH," and he's right. Talking shit about MA isn't a problem in NH.

Hell, we make up all kinds of stuff about the gun laws down there. It's how I used to get my kids to eat their vegetables.

Plenty of Fuddtards in NH too, it ain't panacea up there.

(Posted from Portsmouth, NH)

Makes me appreciate the fact that there is never anybody around at the club I go to on a weekly basis. Surprising if there are 3 people there at a time, never mind a RM.

Granted we are pretty gay here in MA, but why does everyone blame everything on us?? Every state sucks in it's own way I'm sure. Give me a break.

Some RO's are just dinks. I went shooting with another NES member a couple weeks ago, and some fudd was busting our/his balls for nothing. Go away and leave me the frig alone. I go to shoot maybe once a week if that. I don't want their stupid asses bugging me on my weekly range trip. They are a waste.

Well, he said "We don't have these problems in NH," and he's right. Talking shit about MA isn't a problem in NH.

True, but I was more referring to the ability of people to keep repeating legal myths than the laws.

Hell, we make up all kinds of stuff about the gun laws down there. It's how I used to get my kids to eat their vegetables.

Yeah but why make stuff up if there is already plenty of truthful heinous crap in MA law? [laugh]

-Mike

MA blows.

Yes MA Blows chunks, but this situation is not a MGL issue, it is a CLUB issue, and unless this club has been issued a license that binds them to follow the MGL I linked to above, then it is a bunch of FUDDs at the club who proposed, adopted and accepted it, and it is the membership that needs to grow a set of balls and tell the BOD to pound sand and not infringe on their rights to train using those targets.

That pretty much makes IPSC shooting off limits ... they're silhouette targets...
pick another club i guess...

This is an instance to me, where you have to stand up and say something. Bring the targets in and continue to shoot at them and let them know that you won't stand for the bullshit. I don't get it.

Keep that in mind if you ever have a serious medical problem that the hospital in East Podunk, NH can't figure out. You'll need to come to Boston and get a second opinion at world class hospital.

Funny how MA thinks its the "center of the medical universe"....amazing the rest of the country hasn't died off yet from abject medical ignorance.

Although that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

Last edited:
I bought my targets at law enforcement targets.com
They featured a tattoo'd guy and one of our middle eastern friends.
Not very PC for Law enforcement

Funny how MA thinks its the center of the medical universe....amazing the rest of the country hasn't died off yet from abject medical ignorance.

Although that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

Eh, Boston is ok, but really lags behind LA, San Francisco, and Davis. Eat that hub o the universe!

target_dog.jpg

you should have used this, then told him "it's ok, I'm a cop!"

[rofl]

Some clubs are stubborn. They have the oldest people running the club, half of them dont like Emails, so its impossible to get to them and the websites are never updated. They change policy and dont let anyone know...But when its time for the fees, we all find out, and we find out in time.
your comment about the oldest people running the club is true in a lot of cases. my club is the same way we have over 300 members and less than 10% of them show up at the meetings. most want a place to hunt, shoot, fish, ride dirt bikes/atvs, or any other activities and leave when they are finished. we do not have range officers looking over anyones shoulder. when it was time to elect a new board of officers this year, we just enough people at the meeting to fill the offices and the bod and it was all the same officers as last year except for one new member who joined last year after he retired. i believe thats why some clubs seem to be run by fudds.

Can I use this target? Not terrorist, but

Jake-promo-shooting-small-322x500.jpg

Isn't that the guy who quit Top Shot last year?

EDIT: Yep. http://nextleveltraining.com/product/jake-zweig-targets-10-pack

Jake Zweig, a contestant on Top Shot Season 3, was a prime target for the other competitors and CEO of NextLevel Training, Mike Hughes, has provided Jake fans (and Jake haters) the opportunity to have more effective training. Thick card stock water resistant targets. 10 Pack $9.99

I like this one better:
JakeBatTarget.jpg

Last edited:

That is awesome. "If you don't eat your spinach, Marsha Coakley will lock you in a bathroom stall with an illegal alien pedophile. And when your dad punches him, he will get arrested."

The kids will look like Popeye in no time.

Back
Top Bottom