TheRoland/Timber Challenge Planning Thread

Harvard's only about an hour from me, so if you want to set it up in the pits there, that's great. Pelham might be an option, too.

Let's say Harvard or Pelham, and leave both open for now? If this is going to be more than, say, 10 people, I probably can't unilaterally fill up the club parking lot without getting approval [grin]. I'll start pinging people at HSC.

Definitely play to your strengths in setting it up, dude. That's what will make it fun.

At the start signal, engage the target with two shots, then solve this series of relativistic physics problems. Show your work!

My impression, based on very little evidence, is that our pistols-shooting skills are probably pretty similar. I think if I cheat, it might not be fair.

For rules, I imagine we can have a couple of "standards" drills, like El Presidente, or a dueling tree (if we have one) then a couple of stages, generally USPSA Production style? No arbitrary cover calls, no procedural, just shoot targets as fast as you can. Anyone reading want to submit a few stages?

I show up, beat you at your own game, you commit seppuku, everyone goes home happy. Well, except you. Unless you're into that sort of thing. My little girl has a high school buddy who's an Emo fag, so I'm trying not to be too judgmental of people who like to cut themselves. [smile]

I'll be helpful and burn a CD full of weepy music for your ride home![wink] Do people still burn CDs? I think so.

[popcorn] No extra funds. BUT if I can share a ride to watch this "Event" ALL gas & breakfeast, lunch and dinner $ go to Comm2A!

Matt

Agreed on the very little evidence part. As in, I have none to judge you by at this point, but I love a challenge, don't hold grudges, don't complain, and love getting beaten by someone who's better than I am because I learn things from it.

Speed and accuracy. The fewer rules the better. If I get called for something gay like "air gunning" or dropping a mag with rounds in it during a reload, I'm gonna be bullshit and scream "Aaaallaaaah" while detonating the vest.

As long as it's your favorite Belle and Sebastian assortment, I"ll be able to eat myself into a Ben and Jerry's comma happily after you've killed yourself in shame. [laugh]

Agree on all counts, except I had to look Belle and Sebastion up. I'll start asking around at Harvard this weekend.

My biggest concern is bringing some people to shoot some stages vs. "hosting an event". The former is easy, the latter is more complicated.

Last edited:
In for the head spectator head count. :)

If you need any help with setup/logistics you know how to reach me....

Man I wish I knew how to make stuff like this!!! : )

640px-Wheel_of_Fire.jpg

I prefer NH because I'm not going to disarm to go to an event. I'm also near the above mentioned camping location and would volunteer to set up and take down. Boghog is coming up to look at the farm and can verify that it is suitable.No entry fees and with notice the farmstand can provide pizza, fried dough, beverages etc.It has hills with good backstop and fields with photo worthy views of the Merrimack river below and Pats Peak ski area and Kearsage mountain.Marshalls firearms and the Barn store gun shop are 3 miles in either direction and exit 17 on 93 are within 5 miles .Very easy access, not bogged down by heavy rules and located in a beautiful area nerar gun shops, thats hard to beat.

Only condition on my end is that it's carry guns with over the counter ammo only. No slicky boy race shit with low recoil reloads. [wink]

BP SAA revolvers. Timer starts, you load cylinders then shoot. I'll provide the powder and Timber can provide the balls.

Long arm, off hand the 82A1 with targets being the 6 pack of Old Milwaulkee someone left here. I just sold one of these so if you folks want to shoot side by side we can do it.

This whole idea is fricken awesome. I will so show up to watch this and throw a $20 donation to Comm2A for the privilege of watching you two guys go at it.

But please consider holding the event somewhere that A LOT of people can and will show up. You could actually do a ton of good raising some money for a great cause and like Timber said, It'll be a hoot.

You guys rock. Every NES dispute should be settled this way. Classy - very classy

Agreed on the very little evidence part. As in, I have none to judge you by at this point, but I love a challenge, don't hold grudges, don't complain, and love getting beaten by someone who's better than I am because I learn things from it.
You would suck as a contender on topshot

And don't trust that Supermoto guy. I hear he dresses up in his wife's panties when she's not around.

Hear? You were the one I was modeling them for.

Anyways here a 3 quick drills to test skills neither of you have

Triple 6. Basically 3 Bill drills one at 7 then 15 and 25 yard. tests draw, recoil control, fast shot calling

El prez, tests transitions and reload

6 chickens, test speed and accuracy, reload and strong hand shooting
http://www.uspsa.org/classifiers/03-02.pdf

We'll agree that Harvard works then. Screw hosting an event.
If we go this route, we can still make it an "event" and send invitations and get you legally covered. It's large numbers of people and spectators I'm not sure how to handle. Let's go this route for now, but if we find a venue that can easily accommodate everyone, I'm open for changing.

Or it might not be hard to accommodate people; I'll have to talk to people like WeedWhacker about this.

We can always make lots of video, and I might have access to equipment for live-casting a feed.
And there's a few good places to grab a beer and burger down there, too.

There sure are!

$10 bucks a head donation sounds good. Loser donates $100. We could even do an all challenger's event for anyone who wants to beat the winner.

Something like that sounds good to me!
Only condition on my end is that it's carry guns with over the counter ammo only. No slicky boy race shit with low recoil reloads. [wink]

Is a 5" M&P acceptable to you, so we're both shooting 9mm? The trigger is a little light (3# or so), but I'll bump it up to carry weight if desired.

WeedWacker said:
If you need any help with setup/logistics you know how to reach me....

I'll chat with you this weekend. You know much more about the logistics than I do, so.. .offer accepted.

Acme will provide the ammo for this event

Awesome! I'll take 147gr Subsonic, and Timber will take 127gr +p+.[grin]

Works for me. Trigger's fine, too. Ordered up a weak side Blade tech Stingray so I can run this guns akimbo. Need to find a couple of bandoleers and a sombrero now for the authentic Dirty Sanchez look.

I'm searching my closet for an appropriate suit. Can't show up to a modern-day duel underdressed, can I?

Also ordered some flat-dark-earth magazine pouches so you know how tactical I am. Brown things are Super Tactical, in case you didn't get it. When I take a shit, tactics come out. Or blood.

Any recommendations on a crash diet? Mom says I shouldn't really be running much until I spend more time off the couch and drop my weight below 350 at least.

I eat a pint of Ben and Jerry's daily, to maintain a layer of flab. The Survival forum told me this was the winning strategy in case of TEOTWAWKI or whatever.

Last edited:
There should be a flashlight involved. Wasn't that part of the original argument?

Even if the competition is outdoors in the middle of a sunny day. [wink]

Talking to WeedWacker about formal planning, event approval, logistics and man-on-man stages, etc.

Optimistic. Will report back when I know more.

Back
Top Bottom