Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Not a trail cam photo but I just saw these guys munching on greenery in my back yard. Ran outside and shot them (with my camera)

10265519_10102018768573482_2046239718890216945_o.jpg

10380537_10102018768338952_7852178106740105276_o.jpg

I have access to a new patch of woods 1.5 miles from my office and just started scouting it. It's a large piece 150+ acres I think. Anyway put out one cam Wednesday at lunch. Put out 2 more today and pulled the card even though it had only been in 2 days.

I got got a doe and fawn and a buck. Hard to tell what he will grown into he's not very big. I am sure I'll see him again before the summer is over. Anyway, good start and I'll work to refine my cam spots. not great pics, the camera is too close to them in this spot.

image.jpg image.jpg

I assume it has no type of motion sensitivity control on it?

nah the thing is a piece of junk... literally one of if not the cheapest camera I could find. They're all on public land so I didn't want to take the chance of losing an expensive camera if/when someone walks off with one.

Now I bring out a climbing stick with me and mount it one stick high. So I may upgrade....... next year....

nah the thing is a piece of junk... literally one of if not the cheapest camera I could find. They're all on public land so I didn't want to take the chance of losing an expensive camera if/when someone walks off with one.

Now I bring out a climbing stick with me and mount it one stick high. So I may upgrade....... next year....

Yeah hopefully they stay there but I have read to many stories to think all of mine are safe even on private land and locked to the tree.

I wonder if yours is picking leaf-branch movement. I had one where I did not notice a branch and got about 3500 pictures of "nothing" because the branch would trigger it with a little wind.

Maybe (if possible) try it in a bit more open space and see if it helps.

Yeah hopefully they stay there but I have read to many stories to think all of mine are safe even on private land and locked to the tree.

I wonder if yours is picking leaf-branch movement. I had one where I did not notice a branch and got about 3500 pictures of "nothing" because the branch would trigger it with a little wind.

Maybe (if possible) try it in a bit more open space and see if it helps.

I've got several and they all do it.... So I don't think that will make a difference unfortunately... Wish I had access to some private land. I think I'm going to just start knocking on doors.... Worst they can say is no. Hell if I get 1 yes out of 20 no's - that's better then what I have now.. But there are public lands out there that have little if any pressure. They aren't easy to find - but they do exist.

I've got several and they all do it.... So I don't think that will make a difference unfortunately... Wish I had access to some private land. I think I'm going to just start knocking on doors.... Worst they can say is no. Hell if I get 1 yes out of 20 no's - that's better then what I have now.. But there are public lands out there that have little if any pressure. They aren't easy to find - but they do exist.

Public or private, a deer does not know which he is on. If you can find a food source and than either some good sign or some beds you will probably be in the game on either.

Back
Top Bottom