Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Had the chance to sit
on stand while kids were in school- walked in to 2 does and a buck about 60/yds away watching them!
Cant wait!

Best time of the year is here! Shoot fish in the AM and deer in the PM! Love it

What is this? I'm not a bird guy...

MFDC0941.JPG

looks young to me.

I had a HUGE 70+ (flock/murder) of possibly crow on my front lawn Saturday.
They were all black w/ blue metallic heads... that's why i say possibly crow. I've never seen a crow other than all black.

ETA: the black birds were common grackles.

JR73148-Grackle.jpg

Last edited:
ETA: the black birds were common grackles.

JR73148-Grackle.jpg

They're loud, raucous, *******s of the bird world.

As a migratory non-game species, they're federally protected except to prevent predation of crops. Or as the crusty old Texas game warden said, "Hell, son, I ain't never seen a grackle that wasn't predating on something!"

They're loud, raucous, *******s of the bird world.

As a migratory non-game species, they're federally protected except to prevent predation of crops. Or as the crusty old Texas game warden said, "Hell, son, I ain't never seen a grackle that wasn't predating on something!"

Yeah, they really are *******s, if you get a flock around a bird feeder they will be sure to drive off anything useful and empty the feeder before moving on.

I finally remembered to put out my new game cam I got last year for Christmas. About a 2 min walk out the back

This is the doe that's been hanging around (usually she has a lamb with her)
EK000008.jpg

At least I now know there actually is a buck in the area
EK000013.jpg

Friggin dog out there at 11:30 this morning. About 40 minutes before I was there swapping cards.
EK000015.jpg

I finally remembered to put out my new game cam I got last year for Christmas. About a 2 min walk out the back

This is the doe that's been hanging around (usually she has a lamb with her)
View attachment 118299

At least I now know there actually is a buck in the area
View attachment 118300

Friggin dog out there at 11:30 this morning. About 40 minutes before I was there swapping cards.
View attachment 118301

Is that the buck you got? Looks fairly similar, might not be as much mass but it's hard to tell in the low light.

Is that the buck you got? Looks fairly similar, might not be as much mass but it's hard to tell in the low light.
I don't think it is. The tines are taller on the one I shot. I left the camera out there, so I will check it later this week.

PRMS0478size.jpg PRMS0377size.jpg PRMS0082size.JPG

Two nice (6pt) bucks and a big coyote. The coyote has a friend but never got a good pic - just another one back in the shadows.

These are only 70yds from my back deck, next full moon I'm sitting in the window and going to pop that coyote.

The game camera had low batteries, since changed and the other camera wasn't working right - I then found the logo sticker over the sensor window[crying] that might explain the qty of pics from that one.

We also re-hung his stand, the wind last week twisted it around the tree and screwed up the angle, all better now level (L-R) and <5 deg tip to the rear.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom