Trail camera thread. Post ur trail camera photos.

Thermal deer (plural) Preview:
ezgif-4-0934750662f2.gif

I think these deer are licking the rock salt I put down after the last big snow! Cheeky buggers.

Last edited:
My co worker sent me a video from Weston job from last week. Three bucks with head gear. Two big ones sparring. Pretty cool.

Just happened to pull this card today during a walk with my daughter. This guy was filmed earlier this morning after weeks of no activity. We've been debating if he is limping or just loping along - I think his left rear leg is dinged up....I like the snow on his nose...

Last edited:
52F9796D-DECB-40E6-BDC4-69AC10491722.png
“Hmmm this looks like a good bed...bleat!”
76503244-15F4-4242-99D4-FE962A60CC49.png
“Let’s see if another bed exists here..bleat! bleat!”
9BD99A2D-F723-43B9-AB76-5C0E815C65E1.png
Ahh, good night....Wait wth is this? BLEAT!”

Put my new camera out a week ago. Pulled the card today.
6 different bucks working a small scrape in one week. Three big boys been hanging out together all summer:

MFDC0059.JPG

Opening day for me:

Sitting in my tree stand, sipping my tea.

*Bam* echos the first shot at about 4:30 am.

"Idiots" I think to myself as I take another sip.

I doze off for a bit, come to about 10 minutes later, sun is just starting to glow in the sky. I take a stretch, kick my feet up, and zone out and listen for an hour.

Sunrise is now on the horizon, the faint glow just peeks over the horizon. I check my watch- 20 minutes to sunrise.

*Bam!*

'Nother one gettin off early.

4 minutes later another boom echos in the distance. Over the next 15 minutes rounds randomly start popping off until official sunrise...

I'm now in the rice fields- rounds echo off the valley near and far., the only thing missing from the ambiance is air support. I sip my tea.

A doe bounds from my right, sprinting full tilt. I don't have a tag and I watch her loft a short stone wall that separates me from the People's Republic.

"Clever Girl" I think, "Deer season dont start for another week or two over there".

Hours pass. My stomach grumbles. I climb down and back to the car for breakfast at the local diner. The roads it seems are packed with bucks strapped like christmas trees to anything with wheels. The season just got tough, my chances of that perfect deer are dwindling by the minute. But it's ok, I got all season.

Opening day for me:

Sitting in my tree stand, sipping my tea.

*Bam* echos the first shot at about 4:30 am.

"Idiots" I think to myself as I take another sip.

I doze off for a bit, come to about 10 minutes later, sun is just starting to glow in the sky. I take a stretch, kick my feet up, and zone out and listen for an hour.

Sunrise is now on the horizon, the faint glow just peeks over the horizon. I check my watch- 20 minutes to sunrise.

*Bam!*

'Nother one gettin off early.

4 minutes later another boom echos in the distance. Over the next 15 minutes rounds randomly start popping off until official sunrise...

I'm now in the rice fields- rounds echo off the valley near and far., the only thing missing from the ambiance is air support. I sip my tea.

A doe bounds from my right, sprinting full tilt. I don't have a tag and I watch her loft a short stone wall that separates me from the People's Republic.

"Clever Girl" I think, "Deer season dont start for another week or two over there".

Hours pass. My stomach grumbles. I climb down and back to the car for breakfast at the local diner. The roads it seems are packed with bucks strapped like christmas trees to anything with wheels. The season just got tough, my chances of that perfect deer are dwindling by the minute. But it's ok, I got all season.
I don’t get the reference but sure sounds more like a nightmare than a dream.

I think this is the bastard that killed one of our hens (when the flock was free ranging in the woods off to one side of our yard).

I did manage to wing it with a 12g and it dropped the hen before it ran off. This bastard is on my radar.

SY_00009 (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom