• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wal-mart ammo nearly 50% off.

I stopped in at the Hudson NH Walmart yesterday to get some motor oil, but remembering this thread, I was curious to check out what they had left for ammo and the prices. Now granted, I didn't need any ammo, I've been reloading my own for 35 years, but if a deal was too good to turn down I would have grabbed some.
There was still some rifle and pistol ammo left in the case, and several people were in line to buy up what was left.
They had 200 round bulk boxes of .45 for $35. OK deal, but not phenominal, I see the same prices online.
All the .357, .44 mag and .380 was gone, they did have some 9mm and .38 special left, but still not an awesome deal.
They also had a few odd boxes of .32acp, I forget the price, but didn't need any.
The only really good deal was on Tula .223 (steel case) at $2.50 a box of 20, but my AR hates that crap, so I passed.
They still have plenty of shotgun shells, but no real deals on that stuff.
So I went home with just the motor oil.

I stopped in at the Hudson NH Walmart yesterday to get some motor oil, but remembering this thread, I was curious to check out what they had left for ammo and the prices. Now granted, I didn't need any ammo, I've been reloading my own for 35 years, but if a deal was too good to turn down I would have grabbed some.
There was still some rifle and pistol ammo left in the case, and several people were in line to buy up what was left.
They had 200 round bulk boxes of .45 for $35. OK deal, but not phenominal, I see the same prices online.
All the .357, .44 mag and .380 was gone, they did have some 9mm and .38 special left, but still not an awesome deal.
They also had a few odd boxes of .32acp, I forget the price, but didn't need any.
The only really good deal was on Tula .223 (steel case) at $2.50 a box of 20, but my AR hates that crap, so I passed.
They still have plenty of shotgun shells, but no real deals on that stuff.
So I went home with just the motor oil.

Where are you seeing .45 for 17.5 cents/round online?

I walked out of the Hudson Walmart yesterday with 1000 rds of WWB 165gr .40S&W for $.15/rd, and 400 rds of .380 88gr JHP for $.17/rd. A guy in front of me had all the Tula .223 (must have been 2000 rds) being loaded into his shopping cart.

Has anyone been to the walpole or bellingham walmart? Thinking about going there today after work. Looking for 62gr 556

Last edited:
Okay I caved.... I know I questioned earlier if the hassle of dealing with the Walmart employees was worth the savings.

Well I decided to see if it was....bought 1,880 rounds of Rem and Federal 223 at the Seabrook, NH Walmart today - no sales tax really helped on that purchase. And 200 rounds of Rem 223 and 240 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 at the Danvers Walmart the other day...

Seabrook, NH just has defensive 223 left...

I will be splitting this with a friend before anyone says I’m a hoarder!😂

I can say it was well worth the trip. Didn’t take much effort for an employee to help me.

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread. And feel free to flame me😂

Last edited:
There are guys on some gun Facebook groups posting photos of their 4,000+ round hauls. Damn, I thought I grabbed a bunch lol...

Okay I caved.... I know I questioned earlier if the hassle of dealing with the Walmart employees was worth the savings.

Well I decided to see if it was....bought 1,880 rounds of Rem and Federal 223 at the Seabrook, NH Walmart today - no sales tax really helped on that purchase. And 200 rounds of Rem 223 and 240 rounds of Tula 7.62x39 at the Danvers Walmart the other day...

Seabrook, NH just has defensive 223 left...

I will be splitting this with a friend before anyone says I’m a hoarder!😂

I can say it was well worth the trip. Didn’t take much effort for an employee to help me.

Thank you to the OP for starting this thread. And feel free to flame me😂
I was just looking at my receipt and noticed they didn't charge me for one of the 20 round boxes of AE223 - only $3.50 but free ammo is free ammo!

I figure Walmart is looking to get as much back as the can and will lower prices on stuff that isn't selling. It beats just giving it all away for free to whoever.

I predict in 5 years or less Walmart is going to do one of two things- double down on the stupid and stop selling most gun stuff in lots of stores (eg, they'll pull a dicks) or the other possibility is its going to punch them in the rectum and they'll realize they f***ed up. I'm not betting on the latter, though. Not to mention Olin and Federal are going to be like "too bad, so sad" when that capacity gets used for other ammo distributors that aren't as douchey as walmart is, if they ever came crawling back to them.

-Mike

Has anyone been to the walpole or bellingham walmart? Thinking about going there today after work. Looking for 62gr 556

I hit Walpole Monday night with my focus being 9mm brass and .40 brass. I bought what I saw that was left of the following:

1. six boxes (100rds/ea) of Winchester WB 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ for $54 (.09rd)
2. four boxes (250rds/ea) of Remington UMC 9mm Luger 115gr FMJ for $100 (.10rd)
3. five boxes (100rds/ea) of Winchester WB .40S&W 165gr FMJ for $75 (.15rd)

They did have quite a few boxes left on the shelf if steel is your thing.

Last edited:
I predict in 5 years or less Walmart is going to do one of two things- double down on the stupid and stop selling most gun stuff in lots of stores (eg, they'll pull a dicks) or the other possibility is its going to punch them in the rectum and they'll realize they f***ed up. I'm not betting on the latter, though. Not to mention Olin and Federal are going to be like "too bad, so sad" when that capacity gets used for other ammo distributors that aren't as douchey as walmart is, if they ever came crawling back to them.

-Mike
I think in 5 years the hoplophobic anti's are going to have a lot more problems that will be distracting them, specifically strict scrutiny, magazine capacity, and AWB SCOTUS cases, on top of more states that will continue to become constitutional carry.

Walmart made a knee jerk reaction after the shooting in El Paso, that much is clear. Idk how much AR-15 ammo they were selling, they carry cheap crap 5.56 ammo and I doubt people were buying much of it at full price. Walmart could have appeased the anti's by announcing they were dropping sales of that ammo, but kept the pistol ammo because I'm sure that stuff has always sold well in comparison.

Ammo will come back, Walmart will "cut the fat" out and just stock the popular stuff like .22, 9mm, .38, .45 and it'll probably end up being cheaper foreign ammo like PPU, Fiocchi, Magtech, etc. I can only imagine how fast those ammo manufacturers would jump at the offer to have their ammo on the shelves of the largest retailer in the United States.

Just went on another Walmart run. I can save some folks some time.

Concord, NH: I cleaned out the 5.56. 600 rds of Federal ($.15/rd) and 400 rds of Remington 5.56 ($.14/rd) and the brass .45ACP. 400 rds of WWB 230gr FMJ ($.17/rd)
Manchester NH: I cleaned out the brass .40S&W. 400 rds of 180gr FMJ ($.15/rd)

Both places had aluminum cased pistol ammo left.

fill in whatever zip code you like and click check inventory

Not sure how often it gets updated but I went to the Salem, NH walmart yesterday and they had nothing left even though the site says they have 223 remaining. Same thing with Danvers. You really have to go to be sure.

Walpole was out of all 9mm and 223/556 today even though brickseek says they had a bunch in stock guy at the register said someone had cleared them out earlier today

@andrew1220 good lord are you going to clean out New England? Give us a chance will ya

Not sure how often it gets updated but I went to the Salem, NH walmart yesterday and they had nothing left even though the site says they have 223 remaining. Same thing with Danvers. You really have to go to be sure.

"I hope Walmart fills those glass ammo cases with tampons and vinegar douches."
~Enbloc

But kudos to those who took advantage of this history-making Walmart ammo sell-off.
Someday people will ask "Hey, what did you get when Walmart stopped selling ammo...?"

Back
Top Bottom