Well, post some military pics.

What are the protrusions sticking out beyond the tracks? A second track?

View attachment 393225

Above the tracks, on either side of the ramp? Or on the sides of the Bradley?

On the back, on either side of the ramp are little storage compartments, but I don’t remember what the crews would put there.

On the sides of the Bradley were reactive armor panels. Designed to detonate an RPG away from the actual armor.

Here’s another angle. Though, this one is missing some of the reactive armor panels on the front:
D1760FE8-E7AB-413A-AD1F-9C165A5567A9.jpeg

Damn dust. enhanced-buzz-wide-6662-1338324638-15.jpg

Photo taken by: Aaron Thompson
Eight-year-old Christian Golczynski accepts the flag for his father, Marine Staff Sgt. Marc Golczynski, during a memorial service. Marc Golczynski was shot on patrol during his second tour in Iraq (which he had volunteered for) just a few weeks before he was due to return home.

I just wanted to say thanks to all my brothers and sisters, past and present service. I thought it would be cool to post some pics of different military scenes, friends in the field, just to show those that didn't serve what we are so proud of doing. You know the good stuff, something somebody wouldn't mind showing off to other people. I will start, I hope somebody follows.

This is a scene of the NY skyline from aboard my previous ship, the USS George Washington, CVN-73. THe date stamp is correct, it was the morning of Sept 12 2001.

untitled1.jpg

Here is an aerial photo taken from a US Navy helicopter, showing the same scene, with the ship in the foreground.

GW_n_NYC.jpg

Nice!

An angry A-10A - Jordan during the 2nd gulf party, I believe. The only place I remember filling the spot between jets with live bombs.

A-10 angry.jpg

They were a nice friendly plane to work avionics on. Plus a bomb truck - everybody likes 500 pounders.

Wapenbroeder.jpg

Most of the time they were friendly - however, when up on jacks it allows you to find new places to walk under them. Like where the lower UHF antenna sits.

Day at work.jpg

Ow. On a side note, when the ER care instructions say don't expose the staples to sunlight, it's not because of sunburn. It's because they conduct the heat of the sun right into your brain.
[devil2]

Hind attack helicopters were only piloted by Russians. So if one overflew the East/West German border, it was reported with some priority up to the Regimental Headquarters.

In 1984 my Armored Cavalry platoon was conducting maneuver training near the border. We had five APC’s and four tanks. The tanks were not supposed to come within 1km of the border.

I was in an M151A1, right near the border, trying to spot the various vehicles as the maneuvered into firing positions. When this happened. Probably nothing but a VIP flight. A big bird!
61130015-L.jpg

Last edited:
The sister boat to dad's MTB (Royal Navy equivalent to the U.S. PT boat) during WWII.

Dad's boat in WWII.jpg

Accepting the surrender of German Submarine U-806 in Loch Eriboll.
I've tried to locate the landscape in the background using Google street view, but the difference of perspective between Route A838 and being on the water makes it difficult.
I think I've come close, but not definitive.

U Boat 806 in Loch Eriboll.jpg

Alongside U-806.

U Boat Surrender.jpg

Nice, but it doesn't follow the theme of the thread:
I just wanted to say thanks to all my brothers and sisters, past and present service. I thought it would be cool to post some pics of different military scenes, friends in the field, just to show those that didn't serve what we are so proud of doing. You know the good stuff, something somebody wouldn't mind showing off to other people. I will start, I hope somebody follows.

If those walls were white, I would have sworn you were in Vicenza instead of what I assume is Germany.

Of course in 90s era Vicenza, the D company was actually D battery and the AT company was E co.

This is a pic of my Grandfather. It’s a screenshot from a documentary of Peleliu. One of my uncles watched recently and was stunned to see his dad. This is on Peleliu. He hit just about every island in the Pacific except Iwo Jima.
Second one is my nephew right before we left for Iraq in 07, and then me pinning his Ranger tab on in 2017.

Attachments

• 54370BDB-69C5-4F3D-BD63-1D9C4E7E9364.jpeg
    54370BDB-69C5-4F3D-BD63-1D9C4E7E9364.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 2E11175D-32C0-48E2-A7D3-2FDE9594D7F5.jpeg
    2E11175D-32C0-48E2-A7D3-2FDE9594D7F5.jpeg
    510.7 KB · Views: 42
  • B66123C3-966B-4C2C-B960-F36E94C3A966.jpeg
    B66123C3-966B-4C2C-B960-F36E94C3A966.jpeg
    367.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
It's a picture of a picture so the quality is horrible. It's a photo of my father in Nam 1967View attachment 498475
Just sent this photo to my dad and asked him if his memory goes back that far. He said he remembers those days like yesterday. Not sure if it's something that bothers him , or if it is just that he's always been a proud Marine , my two brothers were also in the Marines.

Back
Top Bottom