What did you do in the reloading room recently?

it worked exactly as predicted, i had no time to go to 300, but should be fine there. best group looked like this, 5 shots. me likey. 43.8 also was ok, but less good ES/SD - still gives me a very nice .2gr load window that i will use for it from now on.
if you will see them again on same sale - pls let me know, the 175gr ones.

View attachment 664719
View attachment 664720
That's pretty damn good for a ~30 cent bullet!

Having already used my Dillion 550 for my PRS rounds of 6.5 CM and 308 Win, then adding the .223 Rem earlier this year, this past week I added 270 Win to the mix. Not a high volume cartridge for me, but I tend to do it in 200 round batches, so why not.

This week I loaded some 270 win, some 308 hunting loads, and some 6.5CM hunting loads. 100 of each.

yesterday I made the trek to central PA to a 1000 yard range (best part of 3 hours) and emptied most the cases😊. Plus a bunch of 6.5 target loads I had on hand. But with less than a month to deer season in the north of NY, I’m ready

Only one more rifle cartridge to add to my Dillon set up, the 243 Win but as I have a bunch of that on hand I converted the Dillon back to 45 acp.

My boss came up from Mass. and we zeroed in his 308 BAR and Savage 30 06 for an elk hunt in Idaho with his buddies. I also installed a
Hi-Lux Optics 3-9 x 40mm M-600 Camputer Auto Ranging Taktikal Rifle Scope on his SA M1A a very interesting scope. We shot quite a bit of PPU 150 gr 308.
I then let him shoot my SA M1A National Match with a PA 4-14 x 44 308 HUD with some Federal GMM 186 SMK just for shits and giggles. Huge difference out to 200yds. He had a blast .

Today I deprimed, resized 300 308 brass both PPU and Fiocchi

I was doing more loads yesterday, and so far it seems I found a solution for Dillon measures.
The micrometer is optional, I have other one with a stock bolt - accuracy of a drop does not change when it is locked. Obviously, if you load a test ladder- micrometer helps a lot.
The 2 things that worked were - bar is painted, as can be seen, and it reduced play to the minimum. Less play it has in the housing- more accurate the drop.
Rubber bands to return it back.
And that tin insert sitting as shown - works for varget the best this exact way.
Was loading dasher yesterday, dialed for 30.8gr, 50 drops, almost every one was dead on, had 2-3 of 30.7 which is not critical there.

View attachment 664094
You would think after all these years this would be perfected by now.
This is a prime example of ehgoodenoughis out of the factory.

Done with the 38s. I just realized that of the dozens of calibers I reload, very few use a small primer. The 450 finally wore out and Dillon doesn't have parts anymore. Anyone know who has Dillon presses besides ordering from Dillon? Blue Northern is long gone, Shooter's Outpost doesn't have any 550s and I don't think Brian Enos deals in Dillon any longer.

Done with the 38s. I just realized that of the dozens of calibers I reload, very few use a small primer. The 450 finally wore out and Dillon doesn't have parts anymore. Anyone know who has Dillon presses besides ordering from Dillon? Blue Northern is long gone, Shooter's Outpost doesn't have any 550s and I don't think Brian Enos deals in Dillon any longer.

There are some up on EBay right now.

Titan Reloading
Graf & Sons

Complete tear down, clean and lube my Dillon 650
I need to do the same. Ungodly number of rounds loaded on my 550 and 650, but no issues currently. Guess I will finish loading the brass I have prepped and when the weather goes to shit- then I will tear down and lube them up...

Back
Top Bottom