What did you do in the reloading room recently?

Anyone in here grabbing this reloading giveaway? If I wasn’t so far from Sandwich, I’d have messaged him 😂 Can’t believe he didn’t ask for any money. Craziness
If you got it then you would have no more excuses to start casting :)

Lmao. Yes, yes I would.
My 18 month old daughter has kept my wife and I pretty busy. I haven’t reloaded since April and even then it was a couple hundred rounds of 9mm
And only 1 USPSA match and 1 IDPA match this year 😩

Yeah, newborns are exhausting. But it's a tremendously exciting time. I would expect that she's just starting to "furniture walk", and perhaps "babble" a bit. Another year and she'll be starting to speak in phrases.

Stay focused. Only 14.5 years, (plus or minus), until she wrecks your car.

Blackpowder 38 is fun. Big smoke and much deeper booooom. I used 777 but now I'm gonna go look for some real BP and try that.....I've heard it's way louder and shoots sparks.

Got home from the club and doused the pistol in ballistol and will clean it up tomorrow.

Getting together my components to do a batch of 9mm and .223. It's going to be in the low to mid 90's here for the next eleven days so outside work will be done in the early mornings and most of my afternoon times will be spent at the press in the air conditioning.

Got a pound of shuetzen fff black powder at ktp today. Gonna try another batch of black powder 38 but using real BP this time.

Also cleaned up the blackhawk after the last test of 777 38 special and it wasn't bad at all......ballistol dissolves the residue easily.

Made 36 rounds 38 with shuetzen fff. 6 cylinders full for the next plate shoot.

So in my reading and research it's 21 grains of black powder was the original load for 38 special and 38 case is 21 grains. By volune I watched some videos of 38 bp reloading and a couple of the guys were simply filling the case to within a scooch of the rim and seating the bullet compression the shit out of the powder. I know bp needs to be compressed....so.....I tried that......damned my press deformed the top of the cast bullet because it took so much pressure to seat it. Tossed that one in the trash. Back to research. Another bp loading site says a 1.3 cc lee dipper of fff bp is a perfect charge using a 158 grain cast projo. Went with that and it filled the case to enough to give the powder good compression but not deform my bullet when seating. I know bp is measured by volume but for shits and grins weighed a 1.3cc charge and it was 17.3 grains by weight.

Should get alot more smoke and low booom report using real bp according to my research.

As far as accuracy.......the last batch I made with 777 was point of aim point of impact on a 6 inch plate at 25 feet.....all impacts were dead nuts center of the plate. Good nuf for having fun at plate shoots. Can't wait to try these.

KTP trade in shelf had a box of Dillon brand 200 grain swaged semi wadcutter for 45acp.......$60. My online source is getting about $70 plus shipping so I snagged em. Not a huge savings but I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom