When are you mailing your CMP Carbine order?

I was thinking if I mail it on Friday it is a safe bet it won't be there until Monday, maybe Tuesday. I just don't want it to end up there on sat. and be returned.[thinking] Any thoughts or suggestions? This is my first time ordering from them.

I was thinking if I mail it on Friday it is a safe bet it won't be there until Monday, maybe Tuesday. I just don't want it to end up there on sat. and be returned.[thinking] Any thoughts or suggestions? This is my first time ordering from them.

I'd mail it Saturday. Last I heard, USPS processes and transports mail on Sunday, but makes no deliveries. Since it is going to a street address, it is likely to wind up in Anniston on Monday, and find its way into a really big bin. If you mail it later (i.e., Monday), it will wind up in an equally big bin to be processed after the first bin is finished. If you send it earlier, then you have a chance of having it arrive on Saturday, and, if the powers that be decide to mess with you, seeing the order form in your mailbox on Tuesday or Wednesday. If it is not returned, it will probably wind up in the same bin as those applications mailed on Saturday.

CMP is capable of remarkable turnaround. For their record-breaking timing, see my post at:

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14575

They have over 32,000 for sale. They will not sell out the first week. If they were priced $200 each I would be worried about getting shut out but not at these prices. I'll drop mine in the mailbox Friday. They aren't back to work until the the 1st. of May anyway. So I see no need to rush it out on the first day.

They have over 32,000 for sale. They will not sell out the first week. If they were priced $200 each I would be worried about getting shut out but not at these prices. I'll drop mine in the mailbox Friday. They aren't back to work until the the 1st. of May anyway. So I see no need to rush it out on the first day.

Why are they not back to work until 5/1? Do they take all Mondays off? Some other reason? I really don't know.

The store is open Thursday, Friday and Saturday

I'm not sure if that applies to the mail order part or not.

I was actually thinking of taking a long weekend and driving over to Camp Perry and pick one up in person rather than going through the mailing hassles.
That way I can see it first.

They probably won't be selling out for quite some time. They're limiting sales to one per person for 2007, and from reading comments in other forums, a number of people who had intended on buying one have changed their minds once the price was announced.

The South store isn't open on Mondays or Tuesdays. I'm hearing none of the staff is on site either.

I'm not sweating it on not being the first envelope to arrive. I'm not in any great rush.

'...a number of people who had intended on buying one have changed their minds once the price was announced.'

Do they expect M1 carbines to become cheaper?

I have decided on a Saturday mailing in a take no chances wussie type move, I know they are not going to sell out this week but the 12 year old in my brain says "I want it, I want it, I want it... Tantrum to follow" so it gets ordered now, besides I set aside the funds so why hang on to them any longer.

I'm holding off until I see the pricing on the less common models.

I paid less for a National Postal I picked up from Four Seasons a few years ago.

I think I'll hold off for a little bit to see how the ones folks get are looking.

Not that it matters much, because I have every intention of butchering it, and putting it into one of those carbine bullpup stocks, with optics, and all the other goodies! [devil]

'...a number of people who had intended on buying one have changed their minds once the price was announced.'

Do they expect M1 carbines to become cheaper?

I'm not certain what they are expecting. One of the more common reasons given was (words to the effect), that they didn't want to spend $500.00 for a "plinker".

I've been picking-up a few things here and there (mags, sling, oiler... thinking about a bayonet), but I'm not that committed at the moment to purchase one of the carbines. I'm with some of the others and holding off until I see what
the first round of buyers has to say.

In typical kid at Christmas type fashion I talked myself into mailing it today, please God let my suspicion that the U.S. Postal service truly is snail mail turn out to be true.

Sent mine Friday, express mail. From Mass to Al is 2 days by this service, but the label has boxes you can check that say "no weekend" and "no holiday" delivery. In addition, the postal clerk wrote " monday delivery only" on the label when I told her it had to be there no earlier than Monday.

Was probably silly to spend $14.40 to get it there (hopefully) exactly on Monday, but as said previously, I want one! [grin] If it comes in great shape, I may try to order another, probably Winchester just to go with my Winchester M1 Garand.

Mine went regular old mail. The South Store are closed until Weds. as they only work Weds through Sun. I don't know if the staff is off but I'm hearing that they are so I'm in no rush to be the first. They will take days to open and process the first bulk of mail so I expect mine and many others will just sit in a large bin for a few days. Orest has stated that any orders that come in over the weekend will be fine as they won't get to them until at least the 1st.

Have you received an email confirmation from CMP that they received your order? I read on their site that they got 4000 pieces of mail in the first 2 days. Also just saw that they had about 1500 carbines ready to ship for the mail orders. More are still being processed by the armorers.

No email yet but I got a call from Western Union that someone was trying to use my credit card for a cash transfer. Turns out my info got leaked or stolen, so I had to cancel the card.

Unfortunately, it was the same card that I used on my CMP order form, so now when they go to enter the order the card will be denied. Sent an email and got a response that they will flag the order and contact me for new card info when they get to it. What crappy timing...

Back
Top Bottom