When are you mailing your CMP Carbine order?

No email yet but I got a call from Western Union that someone was trying to use my credit card for a cash transfer. Turns out my info got leaked or stolen, so I had to cancel the card.

Unfortunately, it was the same card that I used on my CMP order form, so now when they go to enter the order the card will be denied. Sent an email and got a response that they will flag the order and contact me for new card info when they get to it. What crappy timing...

Seems like Western Union is used only for wire fraud these days. They should just arrest anyone found using it [smile]

Got my email confirm last night. Sent my order Thurs night via regular mail. Now I start obsessively checking the E-store.

Seems like Western Union is used only for wire fraud these days. They should just arrest anyone found using it [smile]

Transactions between individuals need to be limited to one per month and under $10 for any new transactions started after 9/13/1994.

The CMP site had a message stating they could only process two hundred orders per day. Might be a long wait until it shows up as pending.

Mailed it on the 27th still no email. This sucks [sad]
update: Still sucks but I was on the cmp forums today and it looks like the still have 1500 pieces of mail from the first day unprocessed at this time, so good chance mine is just sitting low in the pile waiting to be opened. Either way 4th of july would be a nice day to shoot a carbine.

Last edited:
My check cleared today! [party]

I know that if you send them a credit card, they don't ding it until they are about to ship, but I prefer sending a check so I can see when they cash it. I don't think it makes things any faster, but I like seeing that interim step.

My check cleared yesterday. NOw more waiting. It just means I check the e-store every 20 mins now. I think I liked it better when I sent everything in and waited until the truck showed up. All I got back was the little postcard saying they received my order.

Finally got my e-mail at 12:47 today [smile] so at least I know they found my envelope in that no doubt huge pile of mail they received on Monday the 30th. I was starting to wonder though since I sent it USPS Priority Mail and I received confirmation it was delivered and signed for at 10:13 AM on that date. Now the wait begins.

Glad I sent my order out early

This was posted on the carbine sales page today.[shocked]

Update -10 May, 2007: We estimate the amount of mail orders we have received and expect to receive during the next few weeks for Inland M1 carbines will equal or exceed the amount we can fill over the next few months. Because of this, there will not be any carbines available at either the CMP North or CMP South stores after Saturday, 12 May, 2007. Once we have built up a sufficient inventory of other manufacturers, we will again consider having carbines available for sale at the stores and will post that information on our website. We appreciate the overwhelming support for the latest round of carbine sales. Orest Michaels, COO

Unsurprising. I read that to mean that they are going to be way behind on the cleaning/checking out process. They'll have more Inlands, it'll just be a while and they don't want to have people in limbo for months.

The CMP Carbine page was updated yesterday. Note the last sentence. Looks like anyone who wants an Inland better get moving.

"FLASH!!! - 14 May 2007 - NORTH & SOUTH STORES completely sold out of carbines!!! Will not be able to restock for a few months!! Thanks for your overwhelming support!!!! Mail orders being accepted thru 18 May, 2007."

It was delivered this morning!! Called my lovely wife to confirm delivery.

Lucky Bastard!!! Now if by chance you come home and your wife is completely naked holding your CMP box with a twinkle in her eye along with your favorite home cooked meal for after, I'd probably drop dead of jealosy![wink]

Lucky Bastard!!! Now if by chance you come home and your wife is completely naked holding your CMP box with a twinkle in her eye along with your favorite home cooked meal for after, I'd probably drop dead of jealosy![wink]

I would drop dead too. She was a good sport when I asked if she would stay home until the FedEx truck arrived. When I called her to confirm that it had indeed arrived I got a less than enthusiastic "Your gun came". I think I will be the one making dinner tonight.

Mailed mine 4/28 and just received notice that it arrived on 5/1. It is now 5/15. Talk about logjams...

Now it is even better!

It has shipped!!!! [party] [party]

Estimated delivery May 18, 2007 by 10:30 AM​

I feel like a kid the night before Christmas! [party2]

Awesome. You will love it. Mine has been cleaned and is patiently awaiting a range day. I got one of the Inlands that was subcontracted to Saginaw. Guess it is somewhat rare. Barrel is original too. Came in a birch M2 stock and the rest of the parts are mixmaster but she is pretty.

Awesome. You will love it. Mine has been cleaned and is patiently awaiting a range day. I got one of the Inlands that was subcontracted to Saginaw. Guess it is somewhat rare. Barrel is original too. Came in a birch M2 stock and the rest of the parts are mixmaster but she is pretty.

Wow, that sounds like a really nice one!

What should I expect in terms of having to clean it? Is there going to be stuff all over it that I have to do something drastic to remove?

Back
Top Bottom