When are you mailing your CMP Carbine order?

Wow, that sounds like a really nice one!

What should I expect in terms of having to clean it? Is there going to be stuff all over it that I have to do something drastic to remove?

I could post something obscene... but, I think I'll leave it up to everyones imagination. [devil]

Wow, that sounds like a really nice one!

What should I expect in terms of having to clean it? Is there going to be stuff all over it that I have to do something drastic to remove?

I have heard they run the whole spectrum from clean to lots of cosmo. Mine was clean. I just wiped it all down with a oily rag, quickly cleaned the barrel, and lubed it and it is ready to go. As the stock is a replacement there really isnt much to do to it.

I have heard they run the whole spectrum from clean to lots of cosmo. Mine was clean. I just wiped it all down with a oily rag, quickly cleaned the barrel, and lubed it and it is ready to go. As the stock is a replacement there really isnt much to do to it.

There are some interesting things being said about cleaning them on the CMP forum:

http://www.odcmp.org/new_forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31167

Well, it is finally here! [smile] 4-43 Inland barrel with a good looking bore. The stock has a number of dings and marks one would expect with a 64 year old rifle.

153805840-M.jpg

153806001-M.jpg

Note the brown color of the metal. LOTS of dried cosmoline all over it. This one will require dissassembly and a thorough cleaing. I don't mind, though.

Congrats Emoto [banana], looks like a beauty.
Now clean it up good, get it out to the range, and let us know how she shoots. [rockon] [mg]
As for me, I am still obsessively checking the E-store, nothing yet though. [sad]

I received mine on Friday and I'm very happy with what I'm seeing. I haven't had time to tear her down yet, but overall she's in great shape. Some dings in the wood, which is expected. Best part is that somehow mine does not have the italian import mark on the wood. There is a few small Xs stamped right next to the butt plate, but that is it. I was also surprise that there isn't a whole lot of cosmo on it. Almost none. I would of thought she'd be covered in it. Can't wait to start stripping her apart.

Friday I received the email saying that they received my order on 5/3 (mailed it 4/30), that is 22 days to oen the mail, I think it will be a while before I get the carbine !

I received mine on Friday and I'm very happy with what I'm seeing. I haven't had time to tear her down yet, but overall she's in great shape. Some dings in the wood, which is expected. Best part is that somehow mine does not have the italian import mark on the wood. There is a few small Xs stamped right next to the butt plate, but that is it. I was also surprise that there isn't a whole lot of cosmo on it. Almost none. I would of thought she'd be covered in it. Can't wait to start stripping her apart.

Congrats[smile], I heard a few were coming through without the FAT stamp, looks like your one of the lucky ones. I'm not overly worried about the stock, I was planning on picking up a collector grade inland stock once the hype dies down. Would be nice to have one without the ugly stamp in the mean time though. Anyway, good luck with it and enjoy.

I was going to take the plunge today and get my paperwork in but looks like im waiting for September pricing to be annouced.

Wished I had gotten the money together sooner for the last batch that sold out.

As soon as I shot one at the Spring get together I was hooked... just needed to get the funds.

Uncle hope we get in on this one ... Ill send you a PM if I notice the pricing has been announced.

It arrived today

11:30 this morning my new favorite person (the fedex guy[kiss]) rang my bell and handed me my Carbine[dance][party][banana]. It has a high 6mil serial # placing it in the early 1945 range, the barrel is stamped 3/45 so I wonder if it's original. Anyway here it is, can't wait to hit the range.
CARBINE1.jpg

CARBINE2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom