• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington 3/1, 3/2

How is the supply of powder and bullets?

The people from North Reading that are usually loaded with powder were sparse. I did see 748, H110, and hp38. There were probably a dozen tables with some sort of powder. I was looking for blue dot and there was none to be found.

There were quite a few projectiles, lead and plated. I was looking for jacketed 9mm and there was none I could find.

Primers were everywhere and a few people had them at less than $30 per thousand. I needed federal SPP and I couldn't find any.

Finally picked up a used Keltec sub 2000 in Glock 19 with a few mags including a pre-ban 31 rd Scherer for $500 out the door. I have wasted more than $500 looking for one over the past 3 years.[rofl]

All in all a good show.

Chris

I got there at 10 and the line was the length of the building, but it moved smoothly.
On Target Firearms was there and had 4 very nice Russian SKS's for $350 + transfer. $50 more than the GB.
I picked up a case of Tula 7.62x39 for $219 + tax, slightly less than online with shipping -- if I lived in a free state.
Looked for a SKS sling -- didn't find one.
Looked for a replacement stock then changed my mind and decided to work with the beat to s#!t one I have.
Left before it got too crowded.

I saw a vendor advertising them as Russians. As I was explaining to my friend the origin of them, the vendor came over trying to tell me the history of them and that they were Russian, blah, blah.

I tried hard to make him understand that because it was built using a mix of old Russian parts and new Chinese ones that it technically wasn't a Russian SKS but he was ignorant so I didn't bother.

Not sure if that's a good deal or not.
What size case ???

The guy from 308ammo had Wolf and Tula 1,000 round cases for $219. It sucks that he only does the Wilmington shows because he has the best prices on ammo and a great selection too.

Regarding the Chinese SKS variants that some dealers are trying to pass off as Russian, the best one I saw was marked as it should have been and was at Terry Goode's table. It had stock carvings all over it and from what I could see was a true Sino Soviet with 4 digit serial number and all.

True Russian models were going for $600+ at the show from many vendors, yet I still walked around with an all matching 54 Tula for sale for $500.

Last edited:
Regarding the Chinese SKS variants that some dealers are trying to pass off as Russian, the best one I saw was marked as it should have been and was at Terry Goode's table. It had stock carvings all over it and from what I could see was a true Sino Soviet with 4 digit serial number and all.

Is that the guy from Chelmsford? I really liked that rifle but was not ready to remove all the cosmoline.

Chris

i've been having people swing through the shop after they leave the show and the general consensus is that is was pretty bad. i'll still go tomorrow, even if it's craptacular.

Thanks. I didn't expect that there would be, but figured I'd ask anyway.

It's Been a few years sense I've gone to one, now I remember why. There was nothing I couldn't get on the net or here for less. Bought 2 new in the wrapper 92fs preban mags for 20 bucks ,until I pulled them from the bag and it says 2006 on them. His response was " whoops how did those get in there". Another guy I saw was asking 500 bucks for a bond poster you can get on ebay for 50 bucks. Waste of time. Granted I could think of worse ways to spend a couple of hours but it will be another 10 years before I'm back. Oh and sks ray you nailed it, lots of stinky sum b*tches

Last edited:
223/556 were actually pretty good bulk prices. 43-45 cents a round. Had the wolf brass stuff for $350 for a case. I didnt pick it up since I can get it for that tax free.

walked out with a custom fit case for my new Tavor. Dont know the companies name off hand but had real nice cases.

Pre ban mag prices just about what the for sale section here asks.. Nothing special and it was expected...
Quickly looked at rape prices for pre ban ARs and AKs, laughed and moved on quickly. Ammo prices were nothing special...

I did pick up a mag well grip for a few bucks less than online shipped.. Whooo hoooo!
My boys got a few knifes and pellet guns... All in all a good day with my boys.

Ammoman had 30 rd pre ban AK mags for $12 and change. Haven't see that for a while. Also Wolf 7.62 x 39 $218 per 1000 rd case. Body armor guy had a bunch of used body armor for $100 per and had a couple of new for $140 (the latter were somewhat different from what the police use but I thought they were decent for a civilian).

Ammoman had 30 rd pre ban AK mags for $12 and change. Haven't see that for a while. Also Wolf 7.62 x 39 $218 per 1000 rd case. Body armor guy had a bunch of used body armor for $100 per and had a couple of new for $140 (the latter were somewhat different from what the police use but I thought they were decent for a civilian).

$12? really doubt they were authentic pre ban. I see alot of "preban" mags at the shows. hoards of people cleaning out the pmag table too. [laugh]

Wasn't impressed with the show, prices were high and really nothing of interest.

I don't know what gun show you were at but this was the best gun show I've been to in quite are while. 5 different ammo guys and if you had the time and patience you could haggle a little for better pricing. Also lots of small FFL vendors that had some decent inventory. Spent about 4 hours there and after most gun shows I leave empty handed. This time I left with a handful of stuff. I picked up:

1. Norinco Chinese Tokarov in 7.62x25 w/ 3 mags for $190
2. 150 rounds of 7.62x25 for $18 a box
3. 880 rounds of 7.62x54r in a crate for $180
4. Harris Bipod for $40
5. Beef Jerky - Worth every penny!!! [smile]

I saw Gen 2 Glock 17 for $450, Llama 9mm for $160 (should have jumped on that) and a bunch of reloading supplies at prices that I thought were decent. If you looked hard, you could find a bunch of deals

Pro's:
- Wide aisles - plenty of room to see things
- Lots of folks selling ammo - some competitive price pressure
- Mostly guns, ammo, accessories - not a lot of "yard sale" stuff
- Free parking
- Chance to fondle some guns you don't see on a regular basis

Con's:
- $12 entrance fee ($1 off with coupon. Woo. Hoo.)
- Same ridiculous ammo prices. Average brick of .22LR from $65 to $75.

I really didn't notice the typical "gun show smell", but maybe I was just in the right place at right time - being first through the door. Didn't really see anything I needed, but I was there for the entertainment anyway.

Go for the "fun" factor, not the "deal" factor and you'll enjoy it.

Did anyone happen to see any 1903's or FAL's? Thinking about heading there tomorrow.

When you walk in turn left and head all the way down by the food vendor and then turn right. There's a guy against the wall that had 6 different FALs around 3pm today. Some nice looking rifles. None were CETMEs either.

I don't know what gun show you were at but this was the best gun show I've been to in quite are while. 5 different ammo guys and if you had the time and patience you could haggle a little for better pricing. Also lots of small FFL vendors that had some decent inventory. Spent about 4 hours there and after most gun shows I leave empty handed. This time I left with a handful of stuff. I picked up:

1. Norinco Chinese Tokarov in 7.62x25 w/ 3 mags for $190
2. 150 rounds of 7.62x25 for $18 a box
3. 880 rounds of 7.62x54r in a crate for $180
4. Harris Bipod for $40
5. Beef Jerky - Worth every penny!!! [smile]

I saw Gen 2 Glock 17 for $450, Llama 9mm for $160 (should have jumped on that) and a bunch of reloading supplies at prices that I thought were decent. If you looked hard, you could find a bunch of deals

You got a great deal on that Tokarev. I saw a few of them today with the original boxes but never bothered asking about the price.

Back
Top Bottom