• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wilmington 3/1, 3/2

When you walk in turn left and head all the way down by the food vendor and then turn right. There's a guy against the wall that had 6 different FALs around 3pm today. Some nice looking rifles. None were CETMEs either.

Thanks, Did you happen to see the price?

And were they FAL's or HK93/G3 clones?

My first time at a gun show. I went from 3 to 4, and thought it was cool. I had my oldest daughter and son there, so I couldn't take the time to browse, but saw a lot of nice stuff. And only spending an hour there meant the kids didnt get bored. I want them to enjoy this hobby, not resent Dad's pasttimes. I walked out only buying a couple of paracord bracelets and a t-shirt for wifey, which she likes!

SKS Ray, I met your co-worker, and his Caprice is cool.

Will definitely go back, and attend more.

When you walk in turn left and head all the way down by the food vendor and then turn right. There's a guy against the wall that had 6 different FALs around 3pm today. Some nice looking rifles. None were CETMEs either.

Yeah, I saw this guy too... the FAL's were pretty cool (the one I looked at was an FAL).

I thought it was a decent show. That 308 ammo guy had decent prices on x54R and x39 ammo. I snagged a 50 round bag of "match" brass cased x54R for $30. Guy said its most likely Berdan primed but definitely non-corossive. Figured I'd give it a shot. I just paid $17 a box for PPU soft point x54R atCollectable Arms a couple weeks ago so I thought his prices were okay.

I brought my mosin with me to give to fellow NESer 50 BMG who's helping with me with my Archangel project. Unfortunately he couldn't make it today so I left it with his boss/coworker at Stoney Acre Sports. He had a great selection of new and old milsurp guns. He had 2 unissued SKSs, one Yugo and one Norinco I think they were around $600-700 IIRC, In immaculate condition not a scratch to be seen. Never heard of the shop before as I live far away from Sutton.

What's the headstamp on those 'match' 54R rounds? I'd be surprised if they were non-corrosive berdan.

I went to Four Seasons instead. It was absolutely packed. Customers were waiting outside! They had many nice guns and I bought few. Somebody from out of state commented that it is nice to see gun shop loaded with merchandise. We are were blessed that we have such a great shop with excellent salesmen in MA.

What's the headstamp on those 'match' 54R rounds? I'd be surprised if they were non-corrosive berdan.

Yeah I wasn't really sure if this guy knew the details on this ammo. The headstamp has a "nny" marking and then a date mark "1986".

I went to Four Seasons instead. It was absolutely packed. Customers were waiting outside! They had many nice guns and I bought few. Somebody from out of state commented that it is nice to see gun shop loaded with merchandise. We are were blessed that we have such a great shop with excellent salesmen in MA.
I was there this past Thursday, thus I can't attend the show (no cash). I ended up picking up a S&W MP15. I bought all my guns from FS, great group of guys and good pricing. I do like going to the gun shows even though I the gun prices are out of control. Good way to spend a day with some pals.

Yep you're right. Looks like I should have done a little more research on the ammo before buying. From the quick research I did, it's corossive Yugo brass cased ammo. Dammit. I should have bought the nickel plated? MFS x54r he was selling for $3 less. As far as I know, that's new production non-corossive ammo. I bought a couple boxes at Rileys for $12 per box a few weeks ago.

Whatever, I'll try it out and see how well it shoots out of my M44 and eventually my 91/30. I think it was 180 gr and its brass cased so there's a good chance it might shoot really well.

Last edited:
I was there this past Thursday, thus I can't attend the show (no cash). I ended up picking up a S&W MP15. I bought all my guns from FS, great group of guys and good pricing. I do like going to the gun shows even though I the gun prices are out of control. Good way to spend a day with some pals.

gun prices weren't out of control and nor were ammo prices (other than .22, .22 is expensive deal with it)

sick of these people complaining about these made up facts. Some guns and most ammo was cheaper then four seasons. just open your eyes people.

I hope you are on their email list. It is worthy. I showed up today and I said to a salesman that I would like to check this and that and salesman just stared at me. But Carl was right next to him and said:" Go in the back, we just received those." This happened to me few times before.

Yep you're right. Looks like I should have done a little more research on the ammo before buying. From the quick research I did, it's corossive Yugo brass cased ammo. Dammit. I should have bought the nickel plated? MFS x54r he was selling for $3 less. As far as I know, that's new production non-corossive ammo. I bought a couple boxes at Rileys for $12 per box a few weeks ago.

Whatever, I'll try it out and see how well it shoots out of my M44 and eventually my 91/30. I think it was 180 gr and its brass cased so there's a good chance it might shoot really well.

Yugo brass. Hasn't been around in a while and is considered some of the best 7.62x54r out there.

Yugo brass. Hasn't been around in a while and is considered some of the best 7.62x54r out there.

Well that makes me feel better haha. Thanks for the info Ray! I can't wait to try it out. Maybe I should have bought more. He had a good amount of it along with some surplus brass cased 8mm ammo right next to the x54r.

Last edited:
I hope you are on their email list. It is worthy. I showed up today and I said to a salesman that I would like to check this and that and salesman just stared at me. But Carl was right next to him and said:" Go in the back, we just received those." This happened to me few times before.
Yep, I'm on the mailing list and also on their twitter so I see the updates. The place is always a zoo, but they have always been nice to me. I usually call before I go to ensure they have what I want too.

Yep you're right. Looks like I should have done a little more research on the ammo before buying. From the quick research I did, it's corossive Yugo brass cased ammo. Dammit.

It's interesting that a lot of people are worried about shooting corrosive 54R. Just about every Mosin Nagant shot corrosive ammo for years and I'm betting many of them never were cleaned for months during battle. A quick swabbing with a wet patch after shooting and you'll be fine.

gun prices weren't out of control and nor were ammo prices (other than .22, .22 is expensive deal with it)

sick of these people complaining about these made up facts. Some guns and most ammo was cheaper then four seasons. just open your eyes people.
For the things I were looking for the past three ones I went to (Wilmington last year twice and Marlboro), I came across the ruger SR22R (rifle) for $600. The gun went for $480-$500, granted it's maybe a few months wait, but this was overpriced in my eyes and that's why I passed it up. Maybe the "out of control" statement was a little harsh, but the prices are HIGHER than what I see at the stores (FS and NorthShoreFA). I had one dealer tell me himself that they don't know how NSFA sells things for so cheap. I generally saw (last three shows) that guns I looked at as $50-$100 more than normal.

It's interesting that a lot of people are worried about shooting corrosive 54R. Just about every Mosin Nagant shot corrosive ammo for years and I'm betting many of them never were cleaned for months during battle. A quick swabbing with a wet patch after shooting and you'll be fine.

I just don't want to have to worry about cleaning my guns right away. I may not get to it for a day or two so I'd rather just not shoot corrosive in any of my rifles.

For the things I were looking for the past three ones I went to (Wilmington last year twice and Marlboro), I came across the ruger SR22R (rifle) for $600. The gun went for $480-$500, granted it's maybe a few months wait, but this was overpriced in my eyes and that's why I passed it up. Maybe the "out of control" statement was a little harsh, but the prices are HIGHER than what I see at the stores (FS and NorthShoreFA). I had one dealer tell me himself that they don't know how NSFA sells things for so cheap. I generally saw (last three shows) that guns I looked at as $50-$100 more than normal.

$580 wars, $670 m&p sports, m&p pistols were on par. wasnt shopping for guns just prices I noticed. wasrs cheaper then when four season has them and $4 more on a sport to not have to go to four seasons, sign me up. spend more time waiting in line then I spent all afternoon at the show.

No I don't mind shooting corossive ammo through my mosins. I've got 3 1/2 spam cans of it so I'm definitely not worried about shooting it. I was just trying to have a little stash of non-corossive brass ammo to test out. Also to have when I know I won't have time to clean it soon after shooting as jpm stated.

I just use a flexible funnel and jam it in the bore/chamber and dump windex down the the barrel then run a boresnake with CLP a few times. Seems to be working good so far.

Last edited:
$580 wars, $670 m&p sports, m&p pistols were on par. wasnt shopping for guns just prices I noticed. wasrs cheaper then when four season has them and $4 more on a sport to not have to go to four seasons, sign me up. spend more time waiting in line then I spent all afternoon at the show.
LOL, first time I ever saw a delicounter ticket spool, place is a zoo. I do enjoy spending time at the show even though every time I go I say I'm not going again only to go. The only reason why I'm not there this weekend is I blew my nut on an M&P 15T at FS; I was originally going for the MP sport (they have them for $600 there now if they still have them - did on Thursday). If I was to go, I'd now focus on accessorizing the AR and would price shop. :D

LOL, first time I ever saw a delicounter ticket spool, place is a zoo. I do enjoy spending time at the show even though every time I go I say I'm not going again only to go. The only reason why I'm not there this weekend is I blew my nut on an M&P 15T at FS; I was originally going for the MP sport (they have them for $600 there now if they still have them - did on Thursday). If I was to go, I'd now focus on accessorizing the AR and would price shop. :D

my last and final straw was standing in line with a buddy for 2 boxes of ammo (we were the first ones in line) for 20 min before being helped at the "express" checkout.

I got there early and found some cool stuff. Things were a tad higher than reasonably priced and some were just downright expensive.
I did end up walking out with a matching numbers MAS 36-51 in unissued condition though

Ticked me off it took about 40minutes for the transfer paperwork though.

Thursday they are open till 8PM, I walked in there about early 6 ish and couldn't believe there was (at this time of night) around 12-15 people. I asked if they were using the tickets and they weren't. But yea, on a saturday, even the express takes time. Supply and demand, we should open up a store next door and split the business. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom