Wow, my younger brother got promoted, and I didn't even know it!

Id tell the truth.

**** stolen valor.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I know.....this thread is probably going to cause me a lot of grief in the next few days because it is public...but it is what it is![rofl][rofl][rofl]

Last edited:
Skysoldier....I'm a v2 like you...and having someone claiming experiences, honors and rank not earned "ticks" me off too. It must even be more so when its from your own family. Things like this are a slap in the face to those that serviced and really earned that rank, honor and lived that experience. (and to those that didn't come back...)

My take on it is blood is blood.... he will always be your brother even though you may not like the man for his BS.
Your a straight type guy and don't pull punches. Next time you get grief from someone about it, tell them straight like you have here...

His claiming honors he never earned is and insult to yourself and your fellow soldiers....living and dead. He and others may not believe it really matters, but it does to you do and those who have EARNED those things. Tell them all when he can come clean and tell the truth and produce the DD214, maybe you'll consider a visit...... other than that..... I have no opinion..LOL

I sent the guy an email......and I told him that the person he was referring to "was not my brother."

It is kind of true.....because that ******* is not my brother anymore!

Of course, he can read/has read it here. Deleting the post won't do much. $hit on the internet never disappears. Probably too late for that beer that I mentioned in #27... At least now that everything is or soon will be revealed to your brother, it is as good a time as any to call him on it. Tell him the truth and burn that bridge to the f**king ground if it makes you happy.
White Feather

Of course, he can read/has read it here. Deleting the post won't do much. $hit on the internet never disappears. Probably too late for that beer that I mentioned in #27... At least now that everything is or soon will be revealed to your brother, it is as good a time as any to call him on it. Tell him the truth and burn that bridge to the f**king ground if it makes you happy.
White Feather

I was a Paratrooper......we don't burn our bridges behind us.....we blow them the **** up![rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Did the man defend his sercice upon discharge by telling the hippies that he didn't do anything wrong, he was in Italy? Then when it was accepted and an honor once again, change his tune to take adcantage of the accolades?

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

So......with all due respect to you too.....

Sorry I am not the person you want me to be.....deal with it or put me on your ignore list....

(And I also think you sound like a jackass too.)[smile]

You don't know shit about me....and you think you have a right to correct me........give me a break![laugh2][laugh2]

Vent away Kim! If hes not rocking a CIB then he can go **** himself, you've more than earned the right to call him out.

CSMs are ****ing useless.

Here comes the shit storm![shocked]

As you guy's know, I started a blog website a couple of weeks ago.....

The first message I got was from some guy in Atlanta, asking me about my brother.

He "Google'd" my brothers name, and must have found this post because it is the only one that connects me (Sksoldier) with my brothers name.

(Who would have thought that Google would become a Verb!....Note to self...If you want to make money, think of a name that can become a Verb!)[rofl]

Anyway, he connected my user name with my brothers name. I probably shouldn't have used my brothers name here, but it is too late to delete it, and besides, you guy's have also quoted me from my original post...so it is what it is.

I have always been totally honest on the internet. I use an avatar that is a picture of me, and I only tell the truth.

But the truth is now coming back to bite me in the ass.

I have thought about asking the admins to delete this original post.....but it is what is.

So.... back to the message I got the other day...

The guy who sent me the message has obviously met my brother. He said my brother told him he was the FORCOM CSM....and he is obviously searching the internet for information to call my little brother out on his bullshit. (Shit, I don't even know what FORSCOM is....I had to Google it.)

So here I am....in the middle of this shit!

If I say the truth my kids and nephews and nieces will hate me

I don't know what to do.

Should I ask Derek to delete this whole post?

You bet Sky. Family first. Do it for the kids.

So, I get another e-mail this morning. The guy says he is sure it must be my brother, and he wanted to know why I am lying about it. WTF?

So I wrote him back......

"I wasn't lying, the person you are asking about is not my brother anymore. And I really don't appreciate you trying to drag me into this bullshit!
I don't know what is going down there in Atlanta, and to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit! But leave me the f**k out of it!"

I have always had a problem with posers, especially guy's who claim to be Vietnam Vets. And I see where he is coming from. I have busted out quite a few posers
in my time.....and I understand where he is coming from. But I never bothered anybody's relatives on the internet.

I have a sneaking suspicion my brothers Karma is going to bite him in the ass this week.......and I don't give a damn.

My older brother, who retired as a Major and was awarded the Distinguished Cross, visited him years ago. He didn't say anything, but the wives got to talking in the kitchen, and John's wife let the cat out of the bag....

Later that night Clark told John that he and his wife that they had to leave the house. John asked why...

"Because your wife is causing causing turmoil between me and my wife."

He did that to his own brother, who spent four tours in Vietnam!

There is a reason it is called Stolen Valor...because people like Clark steal Valor and Respect from those who earned it. And he is no better than the hippies that spit on our image when we came home.

So yeah, he is no longer my brother......and I can never forgive him for it, just like I can never forgive all those hippies that gave me shit for serving in Vietnam!

quote-yippies-hippies-yahoos-black-panthers-lions-and-tigers-alike-i-would-swap-the-whole-damn-zoo-spiro-agnew-323141.jpg

Family dynamics make it tough but a poser is a poser and someone worse than a common thief by stealing something that money can't buy...........valor.

Kim the truth can't be changed ,the truth is the truth!

I'm a Viet Nam era vet and never claim to anything else!

Last edited:
So, besides internet searching for info, is there any other way to prove/disprove someones military involvement? I have a guy in a gaming clan I used to be in who said he was a scout sniper for the marines, but searhcing his name doesnt give me crap. He cant tell you where he served, unless you ask him a few days after you first asked hi, by which point he had put a story together. now, taking with someone else in the group, that guy was told a different set of service details than I was. I am trying to nail down proof that this guy was a SGT and in communications, not a sniper. That info I found off his LinkedIn, but I can see lying about it to get a job after service is up....

So, besides internet searching for info, is there any other way to prove/disprove someones military involvement? I have a guy in a gaming clan I used to be in who said he was a scout sniper for the marines, but searhcing his name doesnt give me crap. He cant tell you where he served, unless you ask him a few days after you first asked hi, by which point he had put a story together. now, taking with someone else in the group, that guy was told a different set of service details than I was. I am trying to nail down proof that this guy was a SGT and in communications, not a sniper. That info I found off his LinkedIn, but I can see lying about it to get a job after service is up....

I'm sure there are ways, but the easiest way would be for him to prove it via a DD-214, which includes your specialty (MOS, AFSC, etc), rank, overseas service, and awards.

So, I get another e-mail this morning. The guy says he is sure it must be my brother, and he wanted to know why I am lying about it. WTF?

So I wrote him back......

"I wasn't lying, the person you are asking about is not my brother anymore. And I really don't appreciate you trying to drag me into this bullshit!
I don't know what is going down there in Atlanta, and to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit! But leave me the f**k out of it!"

I have always had a problem with posers, especially guy's who claim to be Vietnam Vets. And I see where he is coming from. I have busted out quite a few posers
in my time.....and I understand where he is coming from. But I never bothered anybody's relatives on the internet.

I have a sneaking suspicion my brothers Karma is going to bite him in the ass this week.......and I don't give a damn.

My older brother, who retired as a Major and was awarded the Distinguished Cross, visited him years ago.
Dont worry Kim, every family has a black sheep. What did he do to deserve the horrible fate of becoming a commissioned ocifer?
just kidding. Looks you have one brother to be really proud of. Distinguished cross, that's some heavyweight stuff right there.

Back
Top Bottom