Wow, my younger brother got promoted, and I didn't even know it!

In a logical sense, yes, but him not providing it is not actual proof of a lie. I need to get actual information :-(

You can always ask him some specifics. Marines can rattle off their units very quickly. I went to Parris Island in 1985, still can rattle off my platoon number, my laundry number etc. If he was a scout sniper ask him what class he was in, when he graduated etc. Where was the scout sniper course? Did you go in with that MOS or get picked out of the fleet etc. Where was the indoc class? You have to have like 10 good solid questions like that in your verbal magazine. Anytime he waffles or says something that doesn't add up call him on it. I bet Frenchman remembers every little bit of that shit, and Mike does too.

I do remember, but I can't tell. If I did, I would have to kill first you, and then myself. Maybe not in that order, but still...
We used to call these guys "Walt", Mongol, or bananeiros. They are everywhere. Where it starts getting funny is when they don't know anyone they are supposed to know. There are just so many instructors in sniper school. And I don't know about the USMC, but in the legion the sniper comunity is pretty small, so usually, you'll have some common acquaintances. I don't know how many "snipers" I've met over the year, who turned out to not even know the basics of the job. They're rather easy to expose. But then, I usually don't do it. You know why? Because he lives a miserable life, and he has to make up some accomplishments. If he had some on his own, he'd rather talk about that. There's no point in kicking a man on the ground.

I do remember, but I can't tell. If I did, I would have to kill first you, and then myself. Maybe not in that order, but still...
We used to call these guys "Walt", Mongol, or bananeiros. They are everywhere. Where it starts getting funny is when they don't know anyone they are supposed to know. There are just so many instructors in sniper school. And I don't know about the USMC, but in the legion the sniper comunity is pretty small, so usually, you'll have some common acquaintances. I don't know how many "snipers" I've met over the year, who turned out to not even know the basics of the job. They're rather easy to expose. But then, I usually don't do it. You know why? Because he lives a miserable life, and he has to make up some accomplishments. If he had some on his own, he'd rather talk about that. There's no point in kicking a man on the ground.

I've lost the taste for calling these guys out too as I've gotten older, and I think you're right on the money, if they're telling stories like that they're probably ****ing miserable already.

but.......
a few months ago I was interviewing a potential candidate for my dept, part of his background investigation etc. I have a picture of my son on my desk right before he left for Afghanistan, my son is a Marine. Mr. Candidate asked me when my son was getting out, because he was sure he will be getting on my dept. without having to go thru this bullshit. I let it slide. Mr candidate then proceeded to tell me how when he was in Iraq he was on countless missions outside the wire, firefights all over Tikrit, and that he was the best .50 gunner in his unit. I said jeez nothing better than a good running .50 to bring the pain, he went into tell me how awesome his was blah blah blah. I then picked up the BMG .50 headspace/timing gauge off of my desk and flipped it to him and said well I'm sure you're very familiar with this then. He had no ****ing idea what it was. It was all downhill from there lol.

I've lost the taste for calling these guys out too as I've gotten older, and I think you're right on the money, if they're telling stories like that they're probably ****ing miserable already.

but.......
a few months ago I was interviewing a potential candidate for my dept, part of his background investigation etc. I have a picture of my son on my desk right before he left for Afghanistan, my son is a Marine. Mr. Candidate asked me when my son was getting out, because he was sure he will be getting on my dept. without having to go thru this bullshit. I let it slide. Mr candidate then proceeded to tell me how when he was in Iraq he was on countless missions outside the wire, firefights all over Tikrit, and that he was the best .50 gunner in his unit. I said jeez nothing better than a good running .50 to bring the pain, he went into tell me how awesome his was blah blah blah. I then picked up the BMG .50 headspace/timing gauge off of my desk and flipped it to him and said well I'm sure you're very familiar with this then. He had no ****ing idea what it was. It was all downhill from there lol.

BAM! Awesome.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

Back
Top Bottom