.30-.30 question

My 30-30 Marlin lever action is my favorite gun. I don’t hunt but I feel like a cowboy while I’m shooting it.

My in-laws in Vermont all swear by 30-30 for deer hunting. Nice rifles OP.
My grandfather used to say there have been more deer in PA shot with 30-30 than all other cartridges combined. Not sure if that holds true today, but back in the 80’s I wouldn’t doubt it.

My grandfather used to say there have been more deer in PA shot with 30-30 than all other cartridges combined. Not sure if that holds true today, but back in the 80’s I wouldn’t doubt it.
It hold true, where I hunt in Western PA 75% of the hunters still use 30-30 for whitetail.

Help me out here.... I got lucky (I think) and scored 2 1976 Winchester 30-30 lever action guns. The problem is, everywhere I search, places are out of 30-30. I've read mixed opinions regarding weather I can use 308 in this gun. Does anyone know if I can shoot 308 out of my 30-30 lever action?

Thanks -Steve
The 30-30 round is designed with a flat tip so you can push each round into the tube magazine (much like a shot gun) without the danger of a round potentially hitting the primer and firing inside the magazine and blowing your face off.

The 30-30 round is designed with a flat tip so you can push each round into the tube magazine (much like a shot gun) without the danger of a round potentially hitting the primer and firing inside the magazine and blowing your face off.
True about the original design of 30-30. Modern technology allows for a better BC with a pointed projectile, polymer tip so it won’t chain fire!

Back
Top Bottom