3D printed guns

Wow, the leftists jumped on this quickly....what a surprise.

How about reducing my health care and prescription costs?

How about reducing the billions being spent on welfare?

Lots of more important things to tackle.

That is why activists need to be voted out.
Actually single payer health care would probably cut your health care and prescription costs down by at least half.

The thought of a local gangbanger with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering programming a 3D printer to make guns for the gang.

The notion of that just makes me smile.

On a side note, I was at a picnic this past Sunday when people from Maura's and Liz's campaigns came around. They left literature in my mailbox. I wish I would have been here so that I could have given them my thoughts on those two.

You were not the victim of a crime, but the US Postal Service was, notify the local postmaster, if for no other reason than to be annoyance to the campaigners.

"Title 18, section 1725 states that any person who knowingly deposits "mail-able matter" without postage in an established letter box shall be subject to a fine. The Government Accountability Office reports that fines may be as high as $5,000 per occurrence for individuals and $10,000 per occurrence for organizations."

18 U.S.C. 1725 - Postage unpaid on deposited mail matter

:emoji_tiger:

I never had an interest in owning an AR. But Maura said ARs are bad, so I got the parts and built a couple.
I never had an interest in Glocks. I thought they were ugly and over priced. But Maura said Glocks were bad and too dangerous for the common people, so I bought one.
I thought the 3D printed gun thing was a novelty at first. Great idea if things really went south in this country. But Maura is against free speech and liberty. I'll download the plans and if I ever get access to a machine, well who knows.
I guess I am like a little kid. When "mommy" says don't do something, that's when I want to do it even more.

On a side note, I was at a picnic this past Sunday when people from Maura's and Liz's campaigns came around. They left literature in my mailbox. I wish I would have been here so that I could have given them my thoughts on those two. But I guess I was lucky since my "discussion" would probably have got me ERPO'd

I'm pretty much in the same position. Malloy said standard capacity magazines are bad, and ARs are evil. So I bought a Glock and 3 AR's right after Sandy Hook. No interest in owning either of those platforms before then. I mean, wth, I had my revolvers, my .22 rifles, my target 9mm pistol - who needed an ugly Glock or an AR?

Then Malloy basically said that I couldn't be trusted with these firearms... My parents are dead - and I didn't ask him to be their replacement.

A couple years later, living in two states, and I've got half a dozen Glocks, the (3) registered AR's in CT and half a dozen unregistered AR's in GA. I dunno how that's working out for his bullshit common sense gun control laws - but it didn't make the gun sales/distribution numbers go DOWN in my case. It spurred me to buy/make/build more.

I'm pretty much in the same position. Malloy said standard capacity magazines are bad, and ARs are evil. So I bought a Glock and 3 AR's right after Sandy Hook. No interest in owning either of those platforms before then. I mean, wth, I had my revolvers, my .22 rifles, my target 9mm pistol - who needed an ugly Glock or an AR?

Then Malloy basically said that I couldn't be trusted with these firearms... My parents are dead - and I didn't ask him to be their replacement.

A couple years later, living in two states, and I've got half a dozen Glocks, the (3) registered AR's in CT and half a dozen unregistered AR's in GA. I dunno how that's working out for his bullshit common sense gun control laws - but it didn't make the gun sales/distribution numbers go DOWN in my case. It spurred me to buy/make/build more.

IIRC, back in the late 80's/ early 90's, the AR was not that popular of a platform. It was not until the Assault Weapons ban of 1994 that everyone wanted an AR.

Wow, the leftists jumped on this quickly....what a surprise.

How about reducing my health care and prescription costs?

How about reducing the billions being spent on welfare?

Lots of more important things to tackle.

That is why activists need to be voted out.
I think that they see this is a stop to ban the private manufacture/build of firearms. In other words an important step toward total disarmament.

So the gov is violating the 1A to prevent people from engaging in legal activity?

Sounds like a retarded and unenforceable way to shadow ban "ghost guns" that is begging for a lawsuit.

Legislation should come from the appropriate branch of government, not the judicial branch.

I feel better that Maura is all over it, while the State Police crime family gets ignored.

Must be nice to pick and choose what you work on.

Actually single payer health care would probably cut your health care and prescription costs down by at least half.

Even if that were true, which it isn’t, do you want to endure two years of excruciating pain waiting for the first available hernia repair surgery from a shitty underpaid surgeon? Is that worth the savings?

This issue is a good example of why I insist on using free software and free hardware (free as in free speech, not free beer) whenever possible. If you can inspect and reason about the source code, you can modify it to remove government restrictions.

I think the usual clowns in this state in their state of giddily smug euphoria following a manufactured media panic are going to rush overfill a leaking bucket of shit of a bill to the point it bursts and winds up all over them in a federal court.

I think that they see this is a stop to ban the private manufacture/build of firearms. In other words an important step toward total disarmament.

Yup, this won't be only about "printed guns" this will get spun into a cocked hat so that they can "ban" anyone from manufacturing their own gun without an FFL or
some bullshit like that. They can't regulate the plans the only thing they can do is create a law limiting the manufacture of arms.

-Mike

Yup, this won't be only about "printed guns" this will get spun into a cocked hat so that they can "ban" anyone from manufacturing their own gun without an FFL or
some bullshit like that. They can't regulate the plans the only thing they can do is create a law limiting the manufacture of arms.

Yes, exactly.

...and then whatever that law is will get "reinterpreted" to prohibit even assembly.

-Mike

To quote a friend of mine from home "y'all got no idea of the shit you're starting"

-Mike

They can ban it all they want but I don't think it'll have all that much effect on stopping it.

-Mike

How is that any different than regulating speech by denying someone the ability to use a printing press?

Have you been paying attention? The court case playing itself out is all about regulating speech.

That's my point. I don't see how anything the legislature craps out isn't going to run afoul of SCotUS scrutiny. The AG's and legislators are playing directly into a trap of conspiracy to deny civil rights like the South did during the Civil Rights era. Blatant in your face overreach because they are terrified that home manufacture with 21st century methods is game over for Gun Control and it's the only hail Mary they have.

-Mike

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that Linsky was busy writing a new ban bill. I can easily see him doing it, and I can see them ramming it through without public input the same way they did the bump stock ban. And you just know Charlie Faker will sign it.

Get your 80% orders in now, folks. Aluminum paperweights are about to experience a major price spike.

It would also assure that those of you who are fortunate enough to have above average access would have your access, selection and wait times reduced to "average". There is an element of a zero sum game in this.
I can easily see him doing it,
Linsky's bill requires a MA license to manufacture, and serial number/registration of all manufactured guns.

It would also assure that those of you who are fortunate enough to have above average access would have your access, selection and wait times reduced to "average". There is an element of a zero sum game in this.

Linsky's bill requires a MA license to manufacture, and serial number/registration of all manufactured guns.

Grandfather clause or no?

This is exactly what I thought when I saw that Linsky was busy writing a new ban bill. I can easily see him doing it, and I can see them ramming it through without public input the same way they did the bump stock ban. And you just know Charlie Faker will sign it.

Get your 80% orders in now, folks. Aluminum paperweights are about to experience a major price spike.

I'm not concerned about mass bullshit (which most here will ignore anyways, as it's likely to be another unenforceable law) as much as I am about the potential for fed garbage modifying US code...

-Mike

Not to worry it looks like 3D printing and firearms expert David Hogg peddled his bicycle over to CNN and discussed this with Anderson Cooper last night.
I am sure we are now all safe from the evil strings of code.

(The comments are great)

:emoji_tiger:

The kid sounds like an idiot. He’s taking just to hear himself talk. He makes inaccurate remarks left and right.

Back
Top Bottom