Adam Kokesh Calls for Peaceful Open Carry March July 4th from Virginia to D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll see. I'm not 100% sure he will do it yet, but I think its very likely.

If the walk doesn't happen it will be because VA shuts us down. I can't see Kokesh backing down. Now, in the event that VA shuts the event down, Kokesh might breath a private sigh of relief.

The prohibited person issue only happens if people cross into DC and are arrested. Until then, I believe, it is legal to open carry a loaded long gun in VA. BTW, Kokesh has said he will turn back peacefully if confronted at the DC line.

Well that is what I am wondering. Once he hits DC, if people do get arrested, they are all looking at becoming PP, right? If convicted of course.

I think instead of DC they should do this in NYC first. I want to see Bloomberg go full retard.

I support this 100%. I would like to see several thousand people go to the WTC museum and hand in the CCW to the cop standing at the sign that says, NO Firearms Allowed. (Like the woman from Kentucky did about a year ago.)

Re: Adam Kokesh Calls Go Time, Calls for Armed March on DC

Even if he does not follow through, the msm coverage this will gather is huge. He has stuck to his stance that it will be a peaceful disobedience and that he is prepared to accept the consequences. The .gov on the other hand is already puffing out their chest in a show of force. The only question is if the governments over reaction to this protest will be enough to sway some of the people on the fence our way. He has a month and a half in the spotlight to drum up coverage and watch to see the reaction of the people to the governments response. It will be very interesting to watch over that time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Well that is what I am wondering. Once he hits DC, if people do get arrested, they are all looking at becoming PP, right? If convicted of course.

If convicted we would be PP. Imagine adjudicating several thousand people with the balls to open carry a long gun in DC.

STOP, EVERYONE
This pissing an moaning at each other hurts the cause!, Everyone of us wants to do something, were all pissed at the system, laws economy, twisting of words.
Stop, lets regroup, and take a breather.
Kokesh has his idea to make a point, calling each other shit head doesn't solve the bigger issues. We aren't going to stop him, we only can deal with what may happen or may not happen. Let him march and those that wish to go, I hope all works out and everyone returns home safely, please pick up brass if you do find a need to expend.
I will say this about Frenchy, He has been to places and done things that most of us here have never ever wished to do, respect him for his knowledge, training and being in situations that some of you would wet your pants in, just thinking about, but the fact is, his training was there, so when he gives advice, it comes from been there/done that. I for one fact can confirm a wetting of pants and complete soiling in Grenada, of myself, and it was no fun, and it was not my honeymoon which I spent on that island in 1994. Afterwards I was able to contain myself in other areas of .gov interest.
Getting shot at and surviving, let alone telegraphing ones position, intent and modus operandi, 2 months prior is a sure sell for annihilation, let alone Just being cuffed because you want to be able to go home and see yourself getting busted on FOX.
This is something that others wish to do and partake in, beyond our control, wish them well, may godspeed be with them and pray fro the best outcome

I am curious of the outcome of this. He is giving the .gov 2 months to plan for this. I wonder if they will show up in real force to try and stop this? Like Watertown a few weeks ago after the bombing. MRAD's, humvees, etc etc etc. That could get quite interesting. All for what? A protest?

I am curious of the outcome of this. He is giving the .gov 2 months to plan for this. I wonder if they will show up in real force to try and stop this? Like Watertown a few weeks ago after the bombing. MRAD's, humvees, etc etc etc. That could get quite interesting. All for what? A protest?
As I just posted, the .gov could use this as a statement of big beatdown, being threatened, or take the low road with tolerance when the group is requested to turn and disperse. we shall see. Cause and effect, as I posted earlier, MSM is already writing the cause, its just a matter of the outcome.

Ouch, hating on my thread title.

Your thread title was better than most MSM headlines. Go back and count how many people were sure Kokesh called, "Go Time," and missed the part in the vid. where he said he'd remain peaceful and turn back at the DC border.

like Jason said lots of people on read the subject line and made commentary based off that alone.

Yeah that's unfortunate, I just wanted it to be catchy and also have a little NES humor. Regardless I thought people would read and/or watch the video first.

As I just posted, the .gov could use this as a statement of big beatdown, being threatened, or take the low road with tolerance when the group is requested to turn and disperse. we shall see. Cause and effect, as I posted earlier, MSM is already writing the cause, its just a matter of the outcome.

This is a much better post. Short. All I got out of the long one was that you pissed yourself on your honeymoon in Granada.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's unfortunate, I just wanted it to be catchy and also have a little NES humor. Regardless I thought people would read and/or watch the video first.

The only difference between these people and the people at the Huffington Post is that these people like guns.

In all seriousness the headline was very catchy and I liked it, especially after I watched the video and Kokesh was determined to remain peaceful.

Last edited:

One other aspect that I see is that from a news gathering standpoint this will be like the Boston Marathon in reverse. For the marathon no one knew a bomb was going to go off and LE asked for photo's and vids. from private citizens, businesses, and the TV stations shooting the event hoping to piece together who placed the bombs. In this case thousands of cameras will be shooting watching to see if LE or the demonstrators make a false move.

Everyone's under the microscope in this one.

I saw Kokesh wear white after Labor Day, THAT is why I will never march with him.

I watched the video and thought Koreshs' idea was brilliant.

But now that he wore white after Labor Day, I have a whole new set of factors to consider.

Wait, you not supposed to wear white after labor day? Why? And for how long? Why was I never told this by anyone?

We need more happy thoughts in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder too if maybe his underlying plan is to get the gov to show their hand before all this in hopes to expose to American people just how far the Feds are willing to go. Just a thought.

I wonder too if maybe his underlying plan is to get the gov to show their hand before all this in hopes to expose to American people just how far the Feds are willing to go. Just a thought.

Agitating the government into making a reprehensible decision could work. Or he might just have an "accident" one of these days.

I think that there are enough OathKeepers in LE that we will have a very good idea what the.gov is planning. The more people who say they will go to this and the closer we get to the 4th, the more .gov will reveal how it deals with law abiding gun owners.

The very best thing that LE can do is meet us at the VA/DC line and politely ask us to honor the DC laws, remind us that if we do not like the laws avenues exist to change those laws, and to please not enter the city and risk being arrested. That calls Kokeshs' cards. At that point LE has been respectful and we must honor our word to remain peaceful and return to our cars in VA. In this scenario, I think the .gov comes out the winner.

What do I think LE will do? I am terrible at speculating, but this reminds me of the IRS 501c3 issue where non-profits under the IRS code are not allowed to preach politics. On a certain date, about a year ago, 1,000 or 10,000 pastors on one Sunday in the U.S. preached politics from the pulpit to challenge the IRS code, because the IRS would fine an individual pastor for preaching politics but would always drop the case if the fine wasn't paid, fearing a 1A challenge. Same goes here. Do the .gov tyrants want to find out what the Supreme Court says about bearing arms in DC? I suspect .gov will back down and win the day besides by asking Kokesh to go back to his car.

Anybody here plan on going? Maybe my Skip Ritchie holster will finally be here by then...

I'll need my white suit by then so I can go in Sonny Crockett fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom